Apple Pecan Cupcakes with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting is buttery and moist on the inside with a perfect bite of Apples and the creamy taste of cream cheese.
Top that with the Pecan and this makes the perfect Fall breakfast cupcake recipe. These are Texas-style Apple Pecan Muffins with a cinnamon cream cheese topping!
The cinnamon adds that extra hint of happiness in making this the perfect fall recipe...! This old-fashioned Apple Pecan Cupcake looks so rustic and simple but is bursting with fall flavors that will remind you of your childhood memories.
Hello guys! It's been such a long time since I last shared an Apple Recipe with y'all.
Today being the beginning of September, I thought of baking these Apple Pecan Cupcakes with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting! This fall spiced Apple Pecan Cupcakes have a moist and cinnamony taste to them.
The Apple chunks are moist and chewy and almost feel like raisins when you bite into these cupcakes...! Enjoy this with your favorite Fall Drink or Coffee and you're going to enjoy this beautiful season to the fullest...!
Easy Apple Cupcakes
This Easy Apple Pecan Cupcake is not something that looks very gourmet-like or something you can find in a bakery. This simple cupcake is so rustic to look at and it's this simplicity that reminds me of the time when my grandma used to bake these.
She used to serve us these with a glass of milk when we visited her during the holidays. Also, try these favorite Old fashioned Southern Side Dish recipes for fall.
There is something about old-fashioned recipes. The simplicity and the rusticness keep the flavors alive. There is no fancy decoration, no super adorable cupcake frosting, which is almost too cute to eat. These Old Fashioned cupcakes were simple but so flavorful. I wanted to keep the spirit of this Apple Pecan Cupcake alive.
So, I have not done any fancy frosting over my cupcakes. Also, I have just used Apple Chunks. During earlier times, people didn't have access to Apple Sauce or even a grater or food processor which will shred their apples.
They used to cut small chunks of their fruit and make cupcakes and muffins. I wanted to bring in that similar texture, taste, and feel to my Apple Pecan Cupcakes and so I have not used shredded Apples.
I just love baking with Apples. Especially at this time of the year, just when its the beginning of September, I love to use Apples in my everyday cooking and also in my desserts. Have you tried my Apple Condensed Milk Tart yet?
Also, try my:
- Apple Hand Pies in Air Fryer
- Apple Crisp Baked Brie
- New York-Style Apple Crumb Pie
- Brown Butter Apple Blondies with Pecan Nuts
- No-Bake Apple Coconut Squares
- Cinnamon Apple Bread with Cream Cheese and Vanilla Sugar Glaze
- Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars with Maple Glaze
- Stuffed Baked Apples with Walnuts, Raisins, and Cranberries
- Classic Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Apples and Pecan make for the perfect combination. The apples have a bite to them. Also, Pecan adds wonderful nuttiness to this recipe. Combine all of this with the cinnamon-flavored cream cheese frosting...!
Oh, so so so good...! Pretty easy and pretty lazy recipe but is more than delicious!
This is just like your old-school classic Butter Pecan Cupcakes! But the Apples make all the difference-making it extra good.
How to make Apple Pecan Cupcakes
The Cupcake Batter is pretty basic. Since I have not used Eggs, so I have used Buttermilk and Cider Vinegar along with Baking Soda and Baking Powder as a replacement. I have also used some Yogurt.
Yogurt adds moisture to your cupcakes making them extra soft and spongy.
I have used Cake flour for my Cupcakes. If you don't have cake flour, then make some at home. Combine AP Flour with Cornstarch in the ratio of 1:1/4 and your Cake Flour will be ready.
Cake flour gives you the best cupcakes making them light, airy, and fluffy.
I have used Apple Chunks. If you want you can use Apple Butter or Apple Sauce or shredded Apples as well.
But I think the best part about this recipe is its rusticness. So, to keep the simplicity alive, I have used just small Apple Chunks and that itself changes the flavors of this recipe completely.
The Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
This Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is the best thing about these cupcakes. Makes them so creamy and so delicious.
The hint of Cinnamon balances out the flavors of cream cheese. In fact, Cinnamon helps bring out the flavor of the Apples...!
Finally, the Pecan Nut Topping
The final step is the pecan nut topping which makes it too good to be true. The fall favorite cupcake is just the perfect thing for this season. The nutty topping makes the cupcakes taste awesome.
If you happen to make this recipe, then please tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik. Also please provide a rating to this recipe.
Other Apple recipes for fall:
- Apple Crumble
- Mini Apple Tarts
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Apple Fennel Shortbread Cookies
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Apple Pecan Cupcakes
- 1½ cup Cake Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- ½ cup Buttermilk cold
- 2 medium sized Apples cored, peeled and chopped
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 whole Pecan Nuts for decoration
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F or 180C and line a Muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- In another bowl, take all the wet ingredients and mix well. Do not mix in the buttermilk right now.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add the buttermilk and mix everything with a spatula, until you have a lumpy cupcake batter ready. Add in the chopped Apples and mix well.
- Pour the Cupcake batter in your lined Muffin tin. Fill only till half or three-fourths. Bake your Apple Pecan Cupcake for 17-20 minutes at 350F OR 180C.Cooldown the Cupcakes for 5 minutes on a wire rack before you do the frosting.
- For the frosting, take half a brick of Cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. Beat it at high speed for 1 minute. Add the Cinnamon and Vanilla Extract and Beat it until it gets light and fluffy. Take it up in a piping bag and do the frosting or use a knife to do the frosting. Top with a Pecan nut and serve!