Stuffed Baked Apples with Walnuts, Raisins, and Cranberries is a perfect dessert for a crisp fall morning or a jolly good Christmas day!😋😋😋😋😋
With fresh Apples in the farmers market, I've literally gone on a non-stop journey to make the best apple desserts. Starting from Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars to Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls to Cinnamon Apple Bread to Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler to Apple Crumble and many more... 😋😋🍎
Hey friends, I am enjoying this fall weather so much. It just snowed here yesterday! And, what a beautiful sight it was. I just love these beautiful November days, when we are excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas.
And, of course, my oven is always working over-time to bake some of the coziest fall desserts. Have you tried my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies or my Apple Fennel Shortbread Cookies or my Caramel Apple Cheesecake or my Apple Cranberry Muffins or my Homemade Slow cooker Cinnamon Spiced Apple Jam? If you haven't then try them right away. All I can say is that it will leave your home smelling like the holidays! 😇
Yup! It's an aroma that I wish I could capture in a jar and tuck away on a shelf all year long. 🥰☺️😍
This is one of the easiest holiday desserts that you'd be baking this year. Yup! All that you need are some fresh Granny Smith Apples, some Rolled Oats, Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Nutmeg. And, that's it!
These Baked Apples are basically stuffed with nothing but all good things in the world. Yes! When I shared this recipe with my sisters, she was like - "Ok, So, you are basically asking me to stuff these Apples with all good things" 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋
You just need to prepare a mixture with Butter, Brown Sugar, Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and some Rolled Oats. You can also add some toppings. Though they are completely optional. I like to add Raisins, Cranberries, and chopped Walnuts to give it a beautiful and cozy holiday touch. 🥰
🥘 Ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- 4 Large Apples rinsed and patted dry: I generally prefer Granny Smith or Honeycrisp Apples. But you can also use Fiji or Pink lady or Gala Apples for this recipe.
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter - Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature.
- ¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar - If you want you can replace this with Granulated sugar. But, I generally prefer Brown sugar for that moist and caramelized taste.
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon - I cannot imagine making a fall dessert without Cinnamon. God! That Smell...
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger - Ginger adds an earthy tone to the dish. Also, it pairs really well with Apple.
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg - There is probably no spice that compares with Nutmeg in terms of fragrance. Just a touch of Nutmeg will leave your dessert smelling so good.
- ¼ Cup Old-Fashioned Whole Rolled Oats - I recommend using old-fashioned Oats for this. But, you can also use quick Oats.
- 2 Tablespoon Raisins, Chopped Walnuts, Dried Cranberries OPTIONAL
- Serve with Caramel Sauce drizzled generously on top. Yummm!!!
👩🍳 How to Make Stuffed Cinnamon Baked Apples?
- First, grab a bowl and mix softened butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add rolled oats, chopped nuts, fresh or frozen cranberries, and some raisins. Mix well. This is your filling. It smells good, right? I bet it tastes even better! Go ahead, taste a spoon! I am waiting...Wasn't that incredible!!!😇
- Now grab the pride of the show - Our Granny Smith Apples! I am always excited about baking something with apples.
- Use a paring knife or an apple corer to take out the core of the apples. Scoop out any seeds in the apples.
- Spoon the filling all the way up to the top and place them on a baking tray or a pie dish or a cake pan.
- Pour some warm water into the pan. This little trick saves your apple from getting burnt and also keeps them moist.
- When it's done, do some basting with the remaining juice in the pan. This makes it so tasty. Serve with some caramel sauce and ice cream (if desired) on top.
🌱 How to make Vegan Stuffed Apples?
Apart from Unsalted butter, this recipe is totally vegan-friendly. So, all you can do is simply replace unsalted butter with vegan butter and this recipe will be totally suitable for you.
💪 Is this a Healthy Dessert?
Well, the answer is yes and no. Besides, sugar and butter there is not a single ingredient that is unhealthy. We have apples - which is so good for your health. We have all been hearing since kids - "An Apple a day keeps doctor far away". Then we have the spices. We know how beneficial spices like ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg are. All of them are good for our hearts. Other than that, you've got oats that are naturally gluten-free and a great source of weight loss.
But, if you are too concerned about butter and sugar, then I guess you might not want to call this a healthy dessert. So, you can replace butter with Margarine. But, I don't recommend using keto sweeteners or any liquid sweeteners in place of light brown sugar or regular granulated sugar.
🤔 What kind of Oatmeal Should I use?
Generally, I recommend people to use Old fashioned, whole rolled oats. But, yes! You can definitely replace this with Quick Oats. The major difference is in the texture. Old fashioned oats tend to have a heartier and chewier texture while used in baked items. On the other hand, Quick oats tend to have a delicate texture and quicks faster. Learn all about different kinds of Oats.
🍎🍎 What Kind of Apples is Best Suited for this recipe?
I personally like Granny Smith Apples or Honey crisp apples. But, you can also use pink lady or Fiji apples for this recipe. But, make sure that your apple is firm on the outside and is able to stand erect when kept on a table or any plane surface.
🤔 Can I make it ahead of Time?
Well, again my answer is yes and no. I don't like to bake it ahead of time. It's just not that magical enough. But, if you want to make it ahead of time, you can keep the filling ready. You can cover it with plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer. But, don't cut the core and keep it in the fridge. Apples will go bad. So, always use fresh apples.
🍎🍎Other Apple Desserts to Make:
- Salted Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes
- Soft and Fluffy Apple Fritters
- Old-Fashioned Apple Pecan Cupcakes
- Mini Condensed Milk Apple Tarts
- Southern Fried Apples
If you are making this recipe, then please take some time out to provide a rating. Also, take a snap and tag me (@recipemagik) on Instagram with #recipemagik.
Stuffed Baked Apples with Walnuts, Raisins, and Cranberries
- 4 Large Apples rinsed and patted dry (check out the notes)
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter 43g
- ¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar 50g
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup Old-Fashioned Whole Rolled Oats 20g
- 2 Tablespoon Raisins, Chopped Walnuts, Dried Cranberries OPTIONAL
- ¾ Cup Warm Water 180ml
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C) Use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or just a fork or a spoon to beat butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You need to stir it until it's completely combined. Now stir in oats along with raisins, dried cranberries. and some chopped walnuts. Keep it aside.
- Either use a sharp paring knife with a spoon or simply an apple corer to core the apples. I used a sharp paring knife. First, hold the apple steadily with your hand and keep it on a cutting board. Now Cut around the core about halfway into the apple. Now use a spoon to dig out this core. This step requires a bit of patience. Once you've taken out the core, use a spoon to scoop out any leftover seeds.
- Keep the cored apples on a 9-inch baking pan or a cake pan or a pie dish. Spoon filling into your apples. Fill all the way to the top. Pour some warm water into the pan so that your apples don't dry out and burn.
- Bake these stuffed apples for 40-45 minutes or until the apples look soft. If you want them to be mushy and softer then bake them a little longer. Baking time will also depend on how firm your apple is.
- Remove the baked apples from the oven. You can also baste the outside of apples with the juices that you see in the pan. This adds more moisture to the skin of the apples and makes it more flavorful, but this is totally optional.Serve with Salted Caramel or Whipped Cream. You can store the leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Ask Me Anything