Peanut Butter Hot chocolate is a creamy, comforting, and warm drink to enjoy after a quick round of snow baseball or dodgeball. I like to keep this ready and drink this while decorating my Christmas tree!
Besides being vegan this is both gluten-free and dairy-free. In case you are worried about refined sugar, then don't worry! I have included instructions below to make it refined-sugar free!
Also try my
The nutty texture of Peanut Butter with whipped cream frosting and hot comforting chocolate beneath all of that creaminess is surely something that no one would want to miss out on. And, the best part is that this gets done in just 10-minutes.
Finally, we are in the Christmas month! I cannot begin to imagine how excited I am about all of the festivities that are about to follow. We've already started decorating our Christmas tree and we cannot wait to share it with y'all. But, the only way to make all these Christmassy magic all the more magical is by making a warm cup of rich, creamy, and decadent peanut butter hot chocolate with whipped cream topping.
Many people buy a mix to make Peanut Butter hot chocolate. But, trust me, this recipe is so easy that you would never really need to buy a mix. You can easily make it at home and curl up in your favorite corner of the couch watching some cute rom-com!
This Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate recipe is like the best thing that can ever happen to you! It gets done in less than 10-minutes and you need just a few basic ingredients to make it from scratch! So, before you know you will be done with your hot chocolate.
I have made vegan Peanut Butter hot chocolate and moreover, this is both dairy-free and gluten-free. Therefore this is extremely healthy. In case you are worried about refined sugar, then read on below. You will find a quick substitution for refined sugar as well.
Ingredients you'll need to make to Make Peanut Butter Hot chocolate!
- Coconut Milk - I always like to use a combination of Coconut Milk and Almond Milk while making dairy-free recipes.
- Almond Milk - Since we are making dairy-free Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, I have used Almond Milk. You can also use any Non-Dairy Milk alternative.
- Unsweetened Chocolate Chips - Make sure it is completely unsweetened. You can also replace this with Unsweetened Chocolate cut into chunks.
- Natural Peanut Butter - Make sure the Peanut Butter has NO Refined-Sugar in it.
- Granulated Sugar - You can replace granulated sugar with coconut sugar to make it refined-sugar free.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - For that rich dark chocolaty taste. I always use dutch processed cocoa powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt - Adding Sea Salt is totally Optional. But, in case you are craving for Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate recipe, then add it in the recipe and also at last while adding the frosting.
Let's Quickly Learn How to Make Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate from Scratch?
To make Peanut Butter Hot chocolate recipe you need just a few basic ingredients and follow these three basic steps. Within 10-minutes your creamy hot chocolate will be absolutely ready. Take a quick look at the video below for a visual.
- In a stainless steel saucepan pour Coconut Milk and Almond Milk and unsweetened chocolate chips. Stir well to mix it well.
- Now add Peanut Butter and mix well until the mixture turns smooth and creamy.
- Now add vanilla and salt. Whisk Well.
- Add Sugar and Mix well.
- Finally, add cocoa powder and mix it well. Let it sit a few minutes (away from the heat) before serving.
Love Chocolate with Peanut Butter? Try these recipes
- 4-ingredients Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Covered Ritz Cracker Cookies with Peanut butter - No Bake Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Some Valuable Tips to Make the Best Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate!
I have made Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate at my home several times. And, I have nailed it every single time. If you want your PB+Hot Chocolate Recipe to be just as creamy and nutty as you can see in the images then make sure you follow these tips.
- Use Stainless Steel Saucepan: I cook my peanut butter hot chocolate recipe in a stainless steel saucepan. Using a stainless steel saucepan ensures that my chocolate is evenly cooked.
- GO SLOW: Make sure you have your heat all the way down to low! This will ensure the milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. In fact, burnt milk is the LAST thing that we need now. Therefore, patience is the key ingredient in this dairy-free Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate recipe!
- Whisk, Whisk and then Whisk some More: Basically, while making Peanut Butter hot chocolate recipe, you got to whisk as often as you can. This will make sure that your ingredients don't stick to the bottom of the pan and there are no lumps. It will make sure that your hot chocolate is smooth, creamy, and lump-free.
- GO STEP BY STEP: Many people will tell you to add everything at once. But, after making this recipe so many times, I can tell you that with extreme confidence that you simply cannot add everything at once. You have got to add one ingredient. Stir it in. And, then add another ingredient. While adding cocoa powder make sure that everything is well combined and absolutely smooth.
- Wait Before You Serve: Before you serve your Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate make sure you wait for a while. Waiting will make sure your PB Hot Chocolate is warm and thick. In case you don't like it thick then serve immediately!
How to Make Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Recipe without Refined-Sugar?
- You can replace granulated Sugar with Coconut Sugar. Coconut sugar will make it free of refined sugar.
Coconut Sugar is a healthy alternative to refined sugar. It prevents high cholesterol and also saves you from heart diseases. I wish I had this at home, then I would have surely made my PB Hot Chocolate recipe with coconut sugar.
- Always use Natural Peanut Butter with No Added Sugar. This is extremely important to make sure your Peanut Butter Hot chocolate recipe is healthy and absolutely free of refined sugar.
What Can We Do with Leftovers?
Well, it's a Big doubt that you will have any leftovers of this amazing Peanut Butter hot chocolate recipe. But, in case you are lucky enough to save some then you can make Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate cookies. They taste really good and I am surely gonna make it in a couple of days. Stay tuned for that article.
How to Store Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate?
In case you are lucky enough to actually save some of this creamy, nutty Peanut Butter hot chocolate then you can store it in the following ways.
Since this is a dairy-free Peanut Butter Hot chocolate recipe, so you have no worries. Generally, recipes that contain milk or any dairy products shouldn't be stored too long. But, not this one. You can store this in a glass jar covered with a plastic lid for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Before you serve this, make sure you reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop at very low heat. (Say 325F) until it turns into something that is creamy, smooth, and drinkable.! In case it has become too stiff and you are just not able to thin it out, just add some almond milk or whole milk as per requirement. Stir it well until it returns to a drinkable consistency.
Serving Suggestions for this creamy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate!
- I love to serve this with some Peanut Butter and Whipped Cream frosting. Of course, the whipped cream is dairy-free! You can also add some Reese's Peanut Butter cups and then this would turn into your very own ree's Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. You can also add some chocolate chips or chocolate shavings if you like. A brilliant idea would be to make a chocolate cigar and then stuff it into your drink!
Substitutions for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Recipe:
Well, as you might have guessed by now, there are various substitutions for this peanut butter hot chocolate recipe.
- You can replace Almond milk with any other non-dairy milk.
- You can use dark unsweetened chocolate chunks instead of unsweetened Chocolate chips.
- You can also add some Sea Salt to give it that extra bit of saltiness in case it is turning out too sweet.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, tag me on Instagram @recipemagik with #recipemagik and share your Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate recipe image. I would love to see how it turned out!
Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk 228g or 8.04Oz
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk 85g or 3Oz
- 3 Oz Unsweetened Chocolate Chips 1/2 Cup
- ¼ Cup Natural Peanut Butter 2 Tablespoons
- 2 tablespoon Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Whipped Cream and Melted Peanut Butter for frosting (OPTIONAL)
- In a stainless steel ssaucepan over low heat pour in coconut milk, almond milk, unsweetened chocolate chips, and Peanut Butter. Stir well to combine.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Once sugar is mixed, add cocoa powder and mix well. Whisk often to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Make sure the texture is silky smooth.
- Serve immediately if you like it smooth. If you want it to be thick, then remove from heat and let it sit for 5-minutes, then serve.Make a whipped cream and melted peanut butter topping and add it on top of your Peanut Butter hot chocolate. You can also add chocolate chips or chocolate shavings or a chocolate cigar. (OPTIONAL)
- You can replace Almond Milk and Coconut Milk with any other non-dairy milk to make dairy-free Peanut Butter Hot chocolate.
- You can store it in a glass jar with a plastic lid in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. But make sure you reheat it before serving. For reheating put it on the stovetop on low heat and bring it to a drinkable consistency.
- You can replace granulated sugar with coconut sugar to make it refined-sugar free.
- Always use Natural Peanut Butter which is sugar-free to make this recipe refined-sugar free.