Fudgy Brownies, dusted with some sugar on top, with a red frosting and blue Berries on top. So easy to make and is just the best and easy dessert for Patriotic Day!
Red, White and blue Desserts are so popular for July 4th. These are so pretty and fun to make and are loved by everyone. Here are some more Patriotic Day celebratory desserts:
- Red White and Blue Popsicles (kid friendly)
- Patriotic Day Punch
- July 4th fruit kabobs
- July 4th Funfetti Cupcakes
- American Flag Cherry Blueberry Pie
- Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
- American Flag Fruit Pizza
Fourth of July Red, White, and Blue Brownies
July 4th is one of my favorite holidays. The Parade, the Fireworks and of course the food! Its so much fun. More than anything I am always excited about Red, White and Blue July 4th Food.
Besides all the Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and BBQs, Desserts have my attention the most.
This delicious fudgy Brownie with Red frosting and Blueberries on top is such a fun treat and is so delicious and easy!!!
Not only does this look delicious, but its seriously so tasty!
You have the most Fudgy Brownie with crinkle top. Top that with the flavors of Blueberry! Its seriously so good! Feels like Summers in every bite!
Especially Blueberries and Chocolate are a fantastic combination. If you haven't already used them together you should!
Ingredients for Patriotic Brownies
Patriotic Brownies are perfect July 4th desserts! Listed below are all the ingredients required to make the same. You can find the quantities int he card below.
- Cocoa Powder - This gives these brownies the chocolaty taste.
- All Purpose Flour - gives structure to the brownies
- Eggs - gives fudgy texture and shape to the brownies
- Vanilla Extract - lends the perfect holiday taste to the brownies
- Softened Butter - makes the brownies rich and decadent
- Granulated Sugar - used to sweeten the Brownies
- Icing Sugar and Red food Color for icing - for making the Red frosting
- Blueberries - for topping
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make American Flag Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350F
Combine all the ingredients to make a brownie batter. Transfer this to a baking dish.
Bake the Brownies for 30 min. After it gets baked, allow it to cool down for 10 min and then cut it.
Make red icing by whisking granulated sugar, red food color and a tablespoon of milk together. Whisk until combined.
Dust icing sugar over the brownies. Take the icing in a piping bag and frost the brownies. Top with fresh blueberries on the side for the Blue.
Hint: Do not be in a hurry to cut the Brownies. Allow them to cool down completely before serving.
Store leftover Brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store these brownies for up to 2 weeks.
Freeze - its better than you freeze these brownies as is, without adding the Blueberries and the frosting as they will dry out. You can freeze Brownies in a freezer friendly bag or in an airtight container. Freeze these for up to 3 months.
Reheat - you can thaw overnight in the refrigerator, reheat in the oven add the frosting and berries and serve!
Are these Brownies Vegan and Gluten Free?
You can use the same recipe to bake Vegan and Gluten Free Brownies and top with the frosting and Blueberries to make them perfect for July 4th celebrations.
- Boxed Brownie Mix - You can use Boxed Brownie Mix to bake the brownies. You will need no other ingredients. Just mix this with milk and bake the brownies.
- Nutella Brownies - make simple 3-ingredient Brownies using Nutella, AP Flour and Eggs.
American Flag Brownies
FOR THE BROWNIE
- 3 OZ Unsalted Butter Softened, 3/4 stick, 85gm
- ¼ cup Semi Sweet Dark Chocolate chopped finely
- 1½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 drop Red Food Color
- 2 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add Dark Chocolate and Butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave at full power for 2 minutes. Whisk until combined, smooth and lump free.
- Combine this Chocolate mixture with Flour, Cocoa Powder, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Eggs, and Salt.
- Add this brownie batter to the lined baking dish. Bake for 30 min. After it gets baked, allow it to cool down in the same dish at room temp. for 10 min.
- Cut the Brownies into rectangles and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat together icing sugar, red food color and milk. Beat until it gets smooth and creamy! Take it up in a piping bag. Snip the edge.
- Dust icing sugar over the Brownies. Frost the Red Lines over the Brownies. Add the Blueberries on the side. Serve these patriotic Brownies! These are best served chilled.