This Red, White and Blue drink for Kids topped with your favorite Ice Cream is a refreshing, chilled out, and one of the cutest Patriotic Punch to serve on 4th of July.
Don't forget to serve this with these amazing 4th of July Appetizers.
The best part - There is science behind this. There is something in it for the kids to learn. Each drink has different sugar content, therefore a different density.
That's the reason the red layer sinks at the bottom (sweetest), the blue one floats in the middle (zero sugar) and the final layer of white whipped cream makes it way to the top. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Try this healthy summertime dinner tonight
More 4th of July Recipes:
Basically, it's the various sugar content in each item that you are pouring that keeps the layers separate.
1ST LAYER: You want to start from a drink which is dense in sugar. I recommend Cranberry Apple Juice drink for the red layer or Juicy Hawaiian Red Fruit Punch
MIDDLE LAYER: Then follow it up with the blue layer. The blue layer can be made with regular Blue Gatorade.
TOP LAYER: You can use 7Up or Sprite or Cool Whip (store bought or homemade)
I like to use cool whip for the top layer. It is something that has the lowest density 0.49 g/cm3 and therefore easily sits on the top.
More Red White and Blue Recipes
Ingredients needed to make Red, White, and Blue Layered Punch
- Cranberry Apple Juice drink or Juicy Hawaiian Red Fruit Punch
- regular Blue Gatorade
- Cool Whip (store bought or homemade)
How to Make Patriotic Punch for Kids
- STEP 1: Rimming the Glass with Sugar or Salt
Rub the glass with lemon or lime. Dip it into colored sugar or salt. And, there you have it. Quick and easy way to decorate your glass.
- STEP 2: Fill it up with Ice
This is the first step of the recipe. Fill up the entire glass with ice cubes.
- STEP 3: Make the drink
Fill the glass up to half with cranberry apple juice or juicy Hawaiian red fruit punch.
Next add in regular Blue Gatorade or Blueberry Kool-Aid just few centimeters away from the top.
Top the final layer with cool whip or whipped cream.
- STEP 4: Serve
You can garnish the top with Maraschino cherry and some strawberries. Serve chilled.
What are kids favorite drinks?
Kids love drinks which are fruity and have a slight punch to them. That's the reason I have combined Juicy Cranberry Apple Juice with regular Blue Gatorade. Kids are definitely gonna love this.
How do you make red white and blue drinks for kids?
Making this easy red white and blue drink is one of the most easiest ways to make them happy.
There are so many ways to make red white and blue drink for kids.
a) You can use Hawaiian red fruit punch instead of cranberry apple punch.
b) You can replace regular blue gatorade with anything else such as Hawaiian Punch berry blue or Hawaiian Punch Polar blast.
c) Instead of adding cool whip or whipped cream on the top layer you can use 7-Up or Sprite.
What to Serve this with?
Red, White and Blue Punch for Kids
- 1 cup Cranberry Apple Juice Drink or Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red
- 1 cup regular Gatorade or powerade zero or Hawaiian Punch Polar blast or Hawaiian Punch Berry Blue Typhoon Juice Drink
- cool whip
- Colored Sugar or Salt
- Rub the rim of a glass with lime or lemon. Dip the glass in colored sugar or salt and set aside.
- Fill the bottom of the glass with cranberry apple juice drink or any other red colored drink that you are using.
- Fill the second layer a few inches away from the top with regular Gatorade or Powerade zero.
- Finally top it with whipped cream or cool whip. Garnish the top with maraschino cherry and serve.