July 4th Fruit Kabobs are easy and effortless Appetizers for the 4th of July. These make for a perfect festive party food to celebrate Patriotic Day.
Also these Fruit Kabobs are super easy to make, healthy and a great way to enjoy the fresh Summer Berries. Red, White, and Blue Fruit Kabobs are simply the best July 4th Food everyone will love!
We LOVE Fruit Kabobs in our home. Its one of our go-to appetizer recipes, especially for the Summers.
Patriotic Day Fruit Kabobs
Be it for Patriotic Day or Memorial Day, I always make this easy and quick Fruit Kabob recipe with Blueberries, Marshmallows and Strawberries. They get prepared in a snap and are everyone's favorite.
These Strawberry, Marshmallows & Blueberry Skewers can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Serve them chilled on a hot summer day and everyone will love these juicy berries and chewy soft Marshmallows!
Just the best way to enjoy a stress free summer day!!!
Plan the Perfect July 4th Party with these simple and easy 4th of July Appetizers
- Strawberries - I use a Pint of Fresh Strawberries for this recipe. They taste so good with Marshmallows. However, you can replace it with Raspberries or Cherries as well.
- Marshmallows - I use Mini Marshmallows for this fruit kabob recipe. Mini Marshmallows are of the perfect size and keeps the evenness in these fruit skewers.
- Blueberries - fresh Blueberries are abundant in this season and they taste just delicious!!!
- Bamboo Skewers - you can easily find these Bamboo Skewers in your local grocery store.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make American Flag Fruit Kabobs
- Chop the Strawberries into halves
- Soak the Bamboo skewers in water for 30 min before use
- Knead the Skewers. Arrange the Strawberries followed by Marshmallows and then then the Blueberries.
- Refrigerate until you serve.
Store leftovers or Make ahead these fruit kabobs and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Storing fruit kabobs for longer than that will make the fruits soggy and stale.
Can you make Fruit Kabobs the night before?
Yes of course! These Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Fruit Kabobs can be easily made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze these. Learn how to freeze fruits and keep them fresh.
Do you soak Skewers for Fruit Kabobs?
Yes. Soaking the Skewers will moisten them and it will be easier to thread the kabobs and serve them after.
How do you keep Fruit Kabobs from turning brown?
Fresh fruits turn brown easily. So just squeeze some Lemon or Lime Juice over the fruits and then serve them. Don't worry them Lemon Juice won't overpower the fruit flavor, in fact it will bring out the berry flavors even more!
How do you make Grilled Fruit Kabobs?
Just knead the fruits into skewers and then place on the grill for 2-4 minutes or until grilled on both sides.
If you want Grilled Patriotic Kabobs, replace Marshmallows with Bananas!
More July 4th Recipes
- July 4th Funfetti Cupcakes
- Blueberry Pie Cups
- Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
- American Flag Fruit Pizza
- Best Flank Steak
July 4th fruit kabobs
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 24 long Bamboo Skewers
- Soak the Bamboo Skewers in water for 30 min. Wash the Berries and dry them.
- Cut the Strawberries into halves or as about the same size of Mini Marshmallows for evenness in the skewers.
- Thread the Skewers. Start with the Strawberries, followed by Marshmallows and then the blueberries. Keep the Red, White and blue theme for Patriotic day. Once done, refrigerate until you serve!