Almond Joys Recipe with condensed milk is a rich, dense, delicious, and creamy holiday treat that's super-inexpensive and comes together in less than 10 minutes.
These candy recipes are an easy and quick dessert which you can make anytime you are sad, depressed or need a quick dessert to cheery yourself up.
And, I don't know whether you'll love it or not, but I know that there is something about these no-bake almond joy bars which will make you want to make it again and again.
In fact, even when they are stored in the fridge, I bet you can't satisfy yourself with just one.
And, just so that it doesn't spike up your insulin levels, we've not used sugar for this recipe. And to make it healthier, we've also added some vanilla protein powder.
Almond joy bars 5 ingredients
An easy 5-ingredient Almond Joy bar is something that you can make in just 10-minutes. I love easy kid-friendly recipes like these which don't need a lot of time.
Almond Joy Ingredients
- Shredded Coconut - I used unsweetened fine shredded coconut.
- Vanilla Protein Powder - to add a touch of vanilla and it also helps soak up the excess liquid in the mixture.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - to combine with flaky shredded coconut.
- raw Almonds - You can use roasted and salted almonds for more flavor.
- Dark chocolate - I used a sugar-free dark chocolate bar with 99% cocoa. You can use this or something lighter like a 75% cocoa bar or 85% cocoa bar or even 55% cocoa bar.
How to Make Almond Joy Bars?
- Step 1: Combine shredded coconut, vanilla protein powder, and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Scoop them into small logs and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 3: Press one whole almond onto each one of them.
- Step 4: Transfer to the refrigerator so that they get set.
- Step 5: Add chopped chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl—microwave at 30-second increments, stir at frequent intervals until smooth.
- Step 6: Using a fork, coat each Almond Joy Bar in melted dark chocolate. Tap the fork on the edge of your bowl so that the excess drips off.
- Step 7: Place them on the lined baking sheet and allow the chocolate to set.
To Store: Use an airtight container to store your homemade almond joys. You can store them at room temperature or in the fridge (depending on the climate) for 1 week.
To Freeze: Prefer freezing them instead for an upcoming party? Simply place your almond joys in a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Popular Homemade Candy:
- No-Bake Chocolate Oreo Tarts
- Halloween Pretzel Treats
- The Best S'mores Brownie
- Chocolate Almond Clusters in Crockpot
- Candy Cane Fudge (2-ingredients)
Almond Joys Bars with condensed milk
- 7 ounces Shredded Coconut I used unsweetened fine shredded coconut
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 25-30 raw almonds or roasted and salted
- 1 cup dark chocolate melted (sugar-free dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips)
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine Shredded Coconut with Vanilla Protein Powder and Condensed Milk.
- Scoop into small logs and transfer them to the prepared baking dish.
- Press a whole almond on top of each.
- Refrigerate for 30 min or until they set. Meanwhile, you can melt chocolate.
- Add chopped chocolate to a microwave-friendly bowl and microwave at 30-second increments, stirring after each, until smooth and lump-free.
- Dip each coconut log into smooth, melted, rich dark chocolate and lift it with a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl. This will allow the excess melted chocolate to drip off. Finally, place the candy on a lined parchment tray.