Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir-Fry is an easy & healthy vegan dinner recipe. This Tofu recipe tastes sweet and spicy and is best served over a bed of white rice.
Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir-Fry
Tofu Teriyaki is one of my and my family's favorite recipes. I love Tofu. In fact, I love it so much that I am always on a lookout for new experimentation with it. It was one of my adventurous ventures through which I discovered this recipe. Before this, I have also made Brocolli Tofu Stir Fry, Honey garlic Tofu and Honey Mustard Tofu, which are one of the most viral recipes of mine. People loved it! I generally start with an idea and allow it to take me further. After a while, I am automatically guided, I don't know by whom into developing a unique recipe from scratch. It's always the love from you readers that makes me take that extra mile and develop an amazing new recipe every time.
Although, this Tofu Teriyaki is a really easy recipe and tastes just like take out food. It's rightly said that necessity is the mother of invention.
My kids were bored with regular homemade food. So, I had to experiment. I decided to make my very own Teriyaki sauce. I crisped my Tofus and stir-fried it with some veggies, added the Teriyaki sauce and bam! it was done.
Teriyaki is one of my favorite Asian sauces which I always make at home and store it. I love trying out these sauce recipes which we get in stores at home. It's actually quite silly because you can easily find them in stores. But, when you want to feed healthy homemade food to your kids - always, not so silly, is it!
And it saves you a lot of money in the long run. You can preserve these sauces with some vinegar and it'll easily last for at least a month.
How to make Teriyaki Sauce at home
Making Teriyaki sauce is really a breeze.
First, start by heating some sesame oil in a pan.
I a separate mixing bowl mix some soy sauce with brown sugar, sriracha, white vinegar, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Whisk everything well using a spoon and add to the hot oil.
Allow it to boil and once it's boiled cool it down, before your store it in a jar.
See, it's that easy. So, from now on, you will never have to buy Teriyaki sauce from the store and you can make anything Teriyaki easily at home! 🙂
Is Tofu Vegan?
Yes, absolutely! Tofu is made from Soy milk and is very much vegan. Also, it's extremely healthy and filled with essential proteins, which you need in your daily life.
How does tofu Tastes?
Tofu is absolutely Tasteless. So you will have to smear it in a sauce to allow it to soak in all the flavors of the sauce and then you can enjoy it. You can crisp tofu in a pan or grill them in a grill pan or even bake them with some dusted cornflour in the oven for 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side.
How to make Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir-Fry?
To make Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry, first crips your Tofus.
Cut your Tofus into cubes, and shallow fry them with some sesame oil and keep them aside.
After that, in the same Pan, add some more sesame oil and fry chopped garlic, ginger, green chilis, diced Onions and Green Peppers. Stir fry over high heat.
Finally, add the Teriyaki sauce along with the crisped Tofus and stir fry until it starts to boil.
Season it with salt, black pepper powder and some brown sugar.
Top with some toasted sesame seeds.
Your Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry is ready!
Some Important Tips While making Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir-Fry
- To use your tofu, first, wash it and then wrap it in a parchment paper or a clean kitchen towel. Place it between two dishes and keep a heavy object on top of the first dish so as the weight allows the Tofu to release all the moisture. If you don't remove the moisture, it will be hard to crip your Tofus.
- You can crisp Tofus in the oven. Dust it with cornflour and bake in a parchment paper-lined baking tray at 350F for 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side.
- You can use a grill pan and char the Tofus. But for this, do not coat them with cornflour. Just use them as it is. However, it should be absolutely dry and free of moisture. Use a towel to pat dry it if it still has moisture.
- Always stir fry over high heat. You want the veggies to be crunchy so add them all at once, except the garlic and stir fry over high heat. Adding them at the same time will allow even cooking of all the veggies and you'll get a balanced taste of all the veggies that you've used.
- Always add your chopped garlic over cold sesame oil. Do not heat the oil and then add the garlic. Adding your garlic in cold oil will flavor your oil with garlic. Adding garlic in hot oil will make them burn out quickly and it'll lose all it's a taste as the juices will quickly evaporate when it's burnt!
- Add toasted sesame seeds for a nutty flavor to your Tofu Teriyaki.
This is really a very simple recipe. I just loved this. Hope you too make this and enjoy it with your family. Feel free to customize this recipe with your choice of veggies such as more bell peppers or some broccoli and it'll be so much fun.
So, let's see the Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry Printable Recipe below.
Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir Fry
- ½ lbs Tofu
- 4 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped
- 1 Cup Onions Diced
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper Cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds Toasted
For homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped
- First, crisp the Tofu cubes in the pan. Marinate the Tofus with some cornflour and fry them over medium heat until both sides turn golden brown.
- In the same pan, add some more sesame oil and throw in the garlic. Allow the oil to get flavored with garlic.
- After a minute, put the flame on high and fry the garlic, ginger, onions and bell peppers over high heat.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce and stir it well.
- Finally, add the crisped Tofus and mix well. Add a spoon of Salt, Black Pepper Powder and 1/2 spoon of sugar.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.
To make Teriyaki Sauce at home
- Heat sesame oil in a pan
- In a mixing bowl, mix together, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha, chopped ginger, and garlic
- Add this mixture in the pan and allow it to boil over medium heat.
- Finally, add the vinegar and mix well. Allow it to cool down before you store it in a jar.