Healthy Tofu Scramble with Kale and Tomatoes is the best Vegan Breakfast recipe which gets ready in just 10 minutes. Perfect for fast eaters or people how have super busy morning hours, this Tofu Scramble has all that you need to start your day on the right note. Also, it gets ready in no time.
I am a huge Tofu Lover. I always find creative ways to include it in my diet. Tofu is so delicious. Seriously! Have you tried my Orange Tofu (in Air Fryer) or Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu - Vegan | Low Carb Dinner Recipe or Tofu Tikka Masala or Honey Mustard Tofu Stir-Fry Recipe or Grilled Tofu Kabobs or Chinese Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry or Crispy Honey Garlic Tofu Topped With Toasted Sesame Seeds or Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Stir-Fry
This Tofu Scramble is my version of Vegan Scrambled "Eggs". Its sheer happiness on the table in just 10-minutes.
Honestly, when I wake up in the morning, I think I am a bit slow. I take things slowly, one problem at once, and just hate the hectic morning rush.
I know that's not an option for many and so Here are some of my easiest Breakfast recipes which can be prepped overnight and enjoyed the next morning.
I am not really a morning person. When I wake up, I need my Coffee and my Breakfast which is usually Cereal or Scrambled Eggs right on the table, or else I get cranky.
So, I am always on the lookout for make-ahead Breakfast Recipes! You should try it too. It's easy and saves so much time!
Vegan Tofu Scramble
Since I have cut out on diary, I love to make this healthy Tofu Scramble for my morning Breakfast. Its easy, its quick and its obviously healthy!
This Tofu Scramble tastes absolutely Eggy! It's cheesy and so good. I have used Vegan Cheese here and that tastes so good with this Tofu Scramble.
Is Tofu healthier than Eggs?
Both Tofu and Eggs are equally healthy. They are almost head to head in terms of health. Filled with Proteins it's perfect to start your day with these.
How long does Tofu Scramble store in the refrigerator?
Tofu Scramble makes for an excellent make ahead breakfast recipe. You can make it ahead of time and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 7-8 days. You can reheat it in the oven and then serve it.
Ingredients needed to make Tofu Scramble
- Tofu (extra firm)
- Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Vegan Cheese
How to make Tofu Scramble
STEP 1: Crumble Tofu
- Press the Tofu between two heavy dishes to drain out the excess moisture.
- Use a fork to crumble the Tofu block. Soak out the excess moisture by pat frying with a paper towel.
STEP 2: Make Tofu Scramble
- Heat Olive Oil in a Pan
- As the oil shimmers, add the Tofu in it.
- Saute over medium-low heat for 2 minutes
- Add the Vegan cheese followed by chopped Kale and chopped Tomatoes
- Season with Salt, Cracked Pepper and some Nutritional Yeast.
- Toss to combine.
- Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes until the Tofu is slightly brown.
STEP 3: Serve
- Serve Srambled Tofu with Breakfast Potatoes or Grilled Bread.
Other Alterations and Substitutions
- Vegan Cheese is just used to make this taste good. You can skip this.
- You can also add chopped Red Bell Peppers to this Tofu Scramble
- Tofu Scramble with Nutritional Yeast is healthy and tastes so good. If you donot have it, you can skip it
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
"Cheesy" Tofu Scramble
- 8 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato chopped
- 1 cup Vegan Cheese optional
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Place the Tofu block between two heavy dishes and drain the water from it. Then use a fork to crumble the Tofu. Pat dry with a paper towel to soak out the excess moisture.
- Heat Olive Oil in a Pan. As the oil shimmers, throw in the crumbled Tofu and cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add shredded Vegan Cheese, freshly chopped Kale, and Chopped Tomatoes (or diced tomatoes, drained), Nutritional Yeast, Salt and Pepper to the pan. Saute over low heat for 3-4 minutes until the Tofu slightly browns and the mixture dries out completely.
- Serve this Tofu Scramble immediately.