Crustless Pumpkin Pie features a custardy and gooey Pumpkin Pie which is super delicious and comforting. It's just like your Traditional Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie, just without the crust, which makes it healthier, lighter and so much easier to make. Also, I make this with my homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling and homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe, which is so great!
It literally tastes like you're eating the inside of the Pumpkin Pie, which is sooo good 😋 ! Topped with Heavy cream, and Cinnamon, this one is a new favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipe. 😍
Infact, I cannot think a single holiday where I didn't make Pumpkin Pie for at least 4 - 5 times. You know, it's this time of the year, when I love baking Pumpkin Pies.
🤔 Canned Pumpkin Puree or Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
More than most times, I prefer to use canned Pumpkin Puree for my recipes. The reason being it is thick and results in a perfect Pie.
I have used fresh homemade Pumpkin puree in the past. However, the only problem is that homemade Pumpkin puree, has too much moisture, because fresh Pumpkin is cooked and then pureed, which results in a Pie, which sinks in the center after being baked.
So, I prefer to stick to Canned Pumpkin puree.
Traditional Pumpkin Pie Spice is easily found in all superstores and grocery stores these days.
However, you can make your own homemade Pumpkin Pie spice. Its so easy to make and you can store this for a long time.
It's basically used because its these warm spices which brings out the flavors of Pumpkin at its best. Or else Pumpkin is really bland. You need to spice it up and flavor it adequate to enjoy it to the fullest.😋
Besides, Pumpkin Pie Spice isn't just for Pumpkin Pie. I like to use it for my savory Pumpkin recipes as well like these
Are you like me and just find the Crust in the Pumpkin Pie, irritating! Well, I do 🤷♀️
I think Pumpkin Pie for me is a definition of comfort food.
That gooey and custard-y Pie, bursting with flavors which you gobble up in no time is what I love about this dessert. 😍😍
Whenever I think about Pumpkin Pie, this is the imagery which pops in my mind.
And today, making this Crustless Pumpkin Pie, is honestly a dream come true. Pumpkin Pie without the crust makes it impossibly delicious and so amazing!😋😋😋😋
- 🤔 Canned Pumpkin Puree or Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 🥘 Ingredients needed to make Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 👩🍳 Instructions on making Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 🤔 How to know if my Pumpkin Pie is done to perfection?
- 😋 Cooking Variations of Pumpkin Pie
- 🤔 Can I make this Crustless Pumpkin Pie ahead of time?
- Other Great Pumpkin Desserts Recipes 😍
- 💯 Crustless Pumpkin Pie Troubleshooting Tips
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
🥘 Ingredients needed to make Crustless Pumpkin Pie
This Crustless Pumpkin Pie, needs just a homemade Pumpkin Pie filling, which you dump in a Pie dish and bake
So you need no special ingredients.
Want to know more about my special and most loved Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling? Read more here.
Still for help, I will spell out the ingredients below.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Melted Unsalted Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cardamom
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Kosher Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour (Gluten Free Blend)
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 Instructions on making Crustless Pumpkin Pie
STEP 1: DUMP EVERYTHING IN A BOWL
- Add all the Pumpkin Pie filling ingredients which includes Pumpkin Puree, Eggs, Melted Unsalted Butter, Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Kosher Salt, Cornstarch, AP Flour, Baking powder, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, and Almond Milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine everything until smooth and lump-free.
STEP 2: DUMP AND BAKE
- Pour this Pumpkin Pie filling in a greased deep dish pie baking dish.
- Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until the top is jiggly.
- After the Pie gets baked, get it out of the oven and cool it down to room temperature.
STEP 3: FREEZE THE PIE
- This is very important. You need to freeze the Pie, so that the top settles down and once its set, you can cut it
- Cut the Pie and serve!
💬 Remember to freeze the Pie before you serve it. The trick to know if the Pie is perfectly baked is to check the center.
After the Pie gets baked, the center should be a little jiggly! This is a sign of a perfectly baked Pie.
Only upon freezing the center will harden and your pie will be ready to serve.
☺️ Hint: I like to freeze my Crustless Pumpkin Pie for at least 3 hours before serving.
🤔 How to know if my Pumpkin Pie is done to perfection?
The trick to know if your Pumpkin Pie is baked perfectly is to check the center by inserting a toothpick or skewer.
It should come out clean with a few moist crumbs. The center of a Perfect baked Pumpkin Pie should be just about barely jiggly!
Also, even after freezing, if the center has not set, just pour some heavy whipped cream in the center and freeze for 30 minutes.
No one will know if the center is soft. Cream freezes in a jiffy, like max 15 min. But still, i would suggest you to freeze for 30 minutes so that it sits over the jiggly center of the pie and sets it perfectly leaving no room for any imperfection!
A perfectly baked Pumpkin Pie will have no to very few cracks on top. Cracks form on the top because of excessive heat and it's a sign that the top of the Pie has dried out and cracked.
If your pumpkin pie has cracks on top, it means that your Pie has been overbaked.
To avoid the Pie from getting cracks on top, cook it at 425F for 20 minutes and then bake the rest 10 -20 minutes at 350F.
Reducing the temperature will allow the Pie to get cooked from inside and won't allow the top to dry out because of excessive heat, resulting in a perfectly baked Pie with minimal cracks on top.
Also, if you have cracks on your Pie, fix it with a dollop of Heavy Whipped Cream.
It will fix all the imperfections and will also moisten the top making it just as delicious, moist and comforting!
😋 Cooking Variations of Pumpkin Pie
There are probably a bazillion ways to cook the perfect Pumpkin Pie, but somehow it's always the traditional way which we love the most.
I love a classic Pumpkin Pie the most. I mean, variations are great but for Thanksgiving, it's always the traditional flavours which tastes the best!😍😍
However for those of y'all who love to play with flavors here are a few fun twists to the recipe
🍒 CRANBERRIES: Use some fresh or frozen Cranberries in your Pumpkin Pie filling to make Cranberry Pumpkin Pie
🍫 DARK CHOCOLATE: Use melted dark chocolate along with Pumpkin Pie filling to make Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.
🌱 VEGAN: Follow my Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe. Just skip out on the crust, replace butter with Vegan Butter and Eggs with Flax Eggs or Aquafaba or Chia Eggs, and make the perfect Crustless Vegan Pumpkin Pie.
🤔 Can I make this Crustless Pumpkin Pie ahead of time?
Yes of course! You can make this entire Pie and freeze this. Crustless Pumpkin Pie can be frozen for upto 3 months. First allow it to cool down to room temperature.
Now, double wrap it with foil and then again with plastic wrap and then freeze.
This will stay fresh in the freezer for upto 3 months...
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Or just bake the Crustless Pumpkin Pie, loosely wrap this with an aluminium foil and refrigerate. You can refrigerate this Pumpkin Pie for upto 2 - 3 days.
Other Great Pumpkin Desserts Recipes 😍
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Easiest Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
💯 Crustless Pumpkin Pie Troubleshooting Tips
- Use Canned Pumpkin Puree instead of homemade Pumpkin Puree. It has less moisture and will yield a perfectly baked pie
- Use Eggs. Do not skip out on the eggs and it's the eggs which make the Pumpkin Pie so full and custardy. Also, Eggs give shape and structure to this Crustless Pumpkin Pie.
- If you're making a vegan version, then use Flax eggs or Aquafaba or Chia Eggs.
- Do not forget to Freeze the Pie for at least 3 hours, after it gets baked. Freezing the Pie will make it perfectly set and easy to cut and serve.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 15oz Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice *find the recipe in notes 2
- 2 cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cardamom optional
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour (Gluten Free Blend)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder Gluten Free
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Almond Milk or any Non Dairy Milk (can use Heavy Cream as well)
- Whipped Cream for frosting
- Ground Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Add all the Pumpkin Pie filling ingredients which includes Pumpkin Puree, Eggs, Melted Unsalted Butter, Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Ground Cardamom, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Kosher Salt, Cornstarch, AP Flour, Baking powder, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, and Almond Milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine everything until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour this Pumpkin Pie filling in a greased deep dish pie baking dish. Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until the top is barely jiggly and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean but wet with a few moist crumbs at the bottom. After the Pie gets baked, get it out of the oven and cool it down to room temperature.
- You need to freeze the Pie, so that the top settles down and once its set, you can cut it. This is very important. Freeze the Crustless Pumpkin Pie for at least 2 hours. Top with heavy whipping cream. Sprinkle a pinch of ground Cinnamon. Cut the Pie and serve!