Simple Vegan Pumpkin Pie with just few basic is something that you'd totally want to have even if you are not a Vegan. 😍😍 Honestly, no will be able to tell that this is a Vegan Pumpkin Pie. It tastes exactly the same (and sometimes even better) than the good 'ol Pumpkin Pie 🥧 😋😋😋😋
You'd not want to miss this Vegan Chocolate Chess Pie or Vegan Sweet Potato Pie or Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Buttery Streusel Topping
And, that's not it.
Complete your Thanksgiving with
Classic Apple Pie and few of my favorite Thanksgiving desserts.
🤔 What’s different about Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
Many people think that vegan food is all about making cheap imitations of their classic originals.
First of all, this is so not true.
Food has always been about innovation, and vegan pumpkin pie has existed for eons now.
And honestly, you don’t have to do many substitutions to make pumpkin pie vegan, as most of its ingredients are already so vegan-friendly!
All you need to do is replace butter and eggs with vegan options. Which by the way also happen to be very calorie friendly and generally healthier for you.
If you are wondering how we can make a vegan crust flaky and buttery without butter, then keep reading out check out the two vegan pies linked above. 😍
- 🤔 What’s different about Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
- 🥘 Ingredients - What do you need to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
- 👩🍳 Instructions - How to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 🤔 How to Store Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 💯 Some Tips to make your Vegan Pumpkin Pie better!
- 🥰🥰More Thanksgiving Desserts Recipes
- Simple Vegan Pumpkin Pie
🥘 Ingredients - What do you need to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
Ingredients for pie crust:
- All-purpose flour
- White granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Coconut oil (Should be in solid form)
- Ice cold water
Ingredients for the filling
- Pumpkin puree
- Sea salt
- Coconuts milk
- Ground ginger
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
See recipe card for quantities.
👩🍳 Instructions - How to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Making a vegan pumpkin pie is not all that different from making a regular pumpkin pie. So even if you are a beginner at vegan cooking, you will have no problems with this recipe. So get your apron and because we are going to bake some fresh vegan pumpkin pies.
Making the Vegan Pie Crust
Making a good pie crust is the most essential part of making any pie. So let’s start with that first. If you have a food processor it will become easier for you, but you can always just rely on your hands.
- Combine all-purpose flour, kosher salt, and granulated sugar into your food processor. Add coconut oil and pulse again until the mixture is slightly moist and crumbly to the touch.
- Combine ice-cold water and keep the food processor spinning until finally a dough-like mixture forms. Remove this dough from the processor and lay it flat on a clean kitchen surface.
- Knead the dough until it becomes more elastic and roll it into a big ball.
- Then just take a rolling pin and use it to roll the dough flat into a circle that is big enough for your pie dish.
- Press and tuck your pie crust along the edges as well to give it an aesthetic design.
- Place this prepared pie dough into the fridge. In the meantime, you can start working on the pie filling!
Making Vegan Pie Filling
- You can use either homemade fresh pumpkin puree or a canned one. We prefer the canned one as it won’t be as watery.
- Combine all the ingredients for your pie filling in a blender and blend until you get a smooth mix. If you happen to not have a blender then don’t worry. Just mix everything together in a large bowl and use a hand whisk to smoothen it out.
- Pour this prepared Vegan pie filling into your Vegan Pie Crust. Use the back of a big spoon to even the filling’s surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set.
- Once your vegan pumpkin pie comes out baked just set it on the counter to let it cool. You can then refrigerate it and serve it chilled with a topping of vegan whipped cream!
🤔 How to Store Vegan Pumpkin Pie
You can store vegan pumpkin pie easily in your fridge for upto one week just by taking necessary precautions. All you need to do is wrap and cover your pie with plastic/foil wrap and keep it safely in your fridge. Make sure you finish the pie within a week.
This vegan pumpkin pie is also very freezer-friendly as it contains no dairy products inside it. First let your pie completely chill your fridge for a few hours or overnight. Then you just need to wrap the pie in may layers or plastic wrap and store it in the freezer. This way your pumpkin pie will not get any freezer burn.
💯 Some Tips to make your Vegan Pumpkin Pie better!
- If you are in a hurry and don’t have the time to make your own pie crust, then you can always buy a pre-made pie crust from any store. Just make sure it is of unbaked variety and has natural ingredients!
- Use canned pumpkin puree instead of homemade pumpkin puree, as the later’s consistency is too watery for making a good pumpkin pie filling. On that same note, be careful you use only canned pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin filling instead!
- When you are getting coconut milk make sure it is of the unsweetened and full fat variety. For this recipe to work your coconut milk needs to creamy and rich.
- If you want to cut down on the sweetness of the pumpkin pie then you can replace maple serum with a lesser quantity of brown sugar, or just don’t add it in the first place!
🥰🥰More Thanksgiving Desserts Recipes
- Easiest Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce & White Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust in a Muffin Pan
- Pumpkin Praline Bars
- Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake
Simple Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Vegan Pie Crust
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 cups coconut oil should be in solid form
- 3-6 Tablespoons Ice Cold water
Vegan Pumpkin pie filling
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Make Vegan Pie Crust with Coconut Oil
- Combine Flour, Sugar, and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and use a pastry blender to mix everything together until it looks like wet sand.
- Add 1 tablespoon Ice Cold water at a time mix it gently with a wooden spoon. Add as much water as required to help it come together and become a dough.
- Lightly flour the top of the rolling pin and the dough. Shape it in the form of a circle. Roll it in the shape of your pie dish. Use the rolling pin to roll up the dough and drape it on your pie dish. Form the edges and trim off any excess.
Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients for Pumpkin pie filling in a blender until smooth.
- Pour this into a 9-inch pan lined with homemade pie crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. If the edges start to brown, cover the edges with aluminium foil after 30-minutes of baking. Once done, the center might look and that is completely normal.
- Cool it down to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 4-hours.
- Slice and serve with vegan whipped cream.
Ask Me Anything