Vegan Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorite Vegan Desserts for the holidays of course, after Vegan Pumpkin Pie.
Being a Vegan comes with its own set of challenges. And that becomes more so, especially during the holidays, like when you are having a Thanksgiving dinner with your family or when you are home for Christmas Party.
Also try: Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
dairy free moist pumpkin bread
Looking for a Pumpkin bread recipe without milk? Well, here you have it.
In this recipe for dairy-free pumpkin bread, I've replaced milk with oat milk and oat milk works really well for this recipe in particular.
There is a thickness that comes from oat milk and that's what makes the pumpkin bread taste so good.
It's neither too moist nor too dry.
You can serve this for breakfast with Coconut cream. You can also add some nuts like walnuts or pecan nuts along with some shredded coconut for more flavor.
Use leftover Pumpkin to make Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
The Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread Ingredients:
- Pumpkin Puree - Go with a can of Organic Pumpkin Puree.
- Monk Fruit Sweetener - I don't use sugar for baking. Monk Fruit Sweetener or xylitol or Erthyrol, is my go-to zero-calorie substitute for sugar.
- Oat milk - You can replace this with soy milk if you want. But, I've seen oat milk binds the bread beautifully.
- Ground flaxseeds - This is for making flax meal. This is the easiest and most effortless egg replacement.
- Oats flour - You can use all purpose flour if you want. But since I'm making it gluten-free because I'm intolerant to gluten, oats flour is my preferred choice.
- baking soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - I always go with my homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Spices - To bump up the flavors, I like adding more ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
- Pepitas - basically pumpkin seeds.
- Chocolate chips - I always choose unsweetened chocolate chips. You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips if you want.
Make sure you use canned pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling. It's very easy to get confused between the two.
In my home we prefer a can of Libby's. But if you prefer to make your own pumpkin puree, that's totally fine.
This recipe works well with all-purpose flour, white flour, spelt flour and oat flour.
I do not recommend using coconut flour to make this recipe. Coconut flour will make it too dry and crumbly.
I haven't tried this recipe with almond flour but I guess it should work well. If you are trying with almond flour, make sure you comment below and let me know how it was.
If you don't prefer making pumpkin pie spice, just use another teaspoon of ground cinnamon along with all other ingredients,and and you'll be good to go.
If you want, you can add chocolate chips while making the batter along with adding them as a topping.
Readers also loved this: Healthy Oats Chocolate Banana Bread
How to Make Plant based Pumpkin Loaf:
- Step 1: Make Flax egg
In a small bowl combine ground flaxseed and water. Mix well and set aside to thicken. This will be your flax egg.
- Step 2: Combine wet ingredients
In a bowl combine canned pumpkin puree with a sugar-free sweetener of your choice, flax egg, and oat milk.
- Step 3: Add in Dry Ingredients
In the same bowl combine oat flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spices, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
- Step 4: Bake
Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Top with pepitas and chocolate chips.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 50-minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Step 5: Serve
Once the loaf cools down in the loaf pan, transfer it to a wire rack and allow it to cool down further.
Cut them into slices and serve them with a dollop of coconut cream.
Enjoy it as a healthy fall breakfast with "Cheesy" Tofu Scramble
Make sure you don't overmix your mixture. Overmixing is one of the most common mistakes that most of us do and it'll make the pumpkin loaf gummy.
You can also make individual portions of the loaf using a muffin tin. A 6-cavity or 12-cavity muffin tin would work best. Distribute the mixture evenly and then reduce the baking time by 20 minutes.
You may also like Gluten-Free| Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
You can store the bread at room temperature for one day.
You can store the bread in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Make sure to cover the loaf with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so that it doesn't get any freezer burns.
When storing in the freezer, slice the loaf. Place parchment paper in between each slice so that they don't stick together.
Freeze this for up to 2-3 months.
When ready to eat, thaw frozen pumpkin bread in the refrigerator overnight.
More Pumpkin Recipes for Fall 🍁🍂
- Pumpkin Risotto Recipe with canned Pumpkin
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2½ tablespoons water
- 15 ounces Pumpkin Puree Canned ( I like Nestle Coffee mate's 100% Pure Pumpkin)
- 1¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup chocolate chips unsweetened
- coconut cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan. Line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken. This is your flax egg.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, monk fruit sweetener, flax egg, and oat milk until smooth and lump-free.
- Add the oat flour. Sprinkle baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ground ginger, ground cardamom and ground cloves.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Top with Pepitas and unsweetened chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack for further cooling.
- Use a plastic knife to cut it into slices (of your desired thickness).
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream.