This Healthy Dark Chocolate & Walnuts Protein Banana Bread is a healthy Banana Bread recipe free of refined sugar. Also this easy gluten free banana bread recipe is made using Oats flour which and Protein Powder.
Healthy High Protein Banana Bread recipe is the best breakfast banana bread recipe because its just super easy to make.
Moist, Soft and Fluffy Gluten Free Banana Bread, is made using Oats flour for that perfect baked banana bread texture. Also this recipe for Banana Bread uses zero refined sugar. Also try this Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
Learn how to make a delicious and healthy high protein banana bread in this article.
With just a few simple ingredients, including bananas, Greek yogurt, oats flour, and vanilla protein powder, you can create a soft, moist, and fluffy bread that is both gluten-free and sugar-free.
This mouthwatering banana bread is perfect for a nutritious and indulgent treat!
Ingredients needed to Make Protein Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas - If you have overripe Bananas they work the best for this Banana Bread recipe
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt - this acts as a replacement for eggs
- Sugar-free sweetener (to taste) - you can replace with maple syrup or agave as well
- Vanilla extract (to taste)
- 1 cup of oats flour - You can use Almond Flour or Coconut Flour as well
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of milk - to bring everything together
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Chocolate chips (for topping)
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video of How to make Protein Banana Bread to get a quick visual.
How to make High Protein Banana Bread
Step 1: Mash the Bananas
To begin, take two ripe bananas and place them in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the bananas until they form a smooth and creamy consistency. This will serve as the base for our banana bread.
Step 2: Prepare the Wet Ingredients
Next, add 1 cup of Greek yogurt to the mashed bananas. Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture and a boost of protein to our bread. Add sugar-free sweetener and vanilla extract to taste.
These ingredients will enhance the sweetness and flavor of the bread. Whisk all the wet ingredients together until well combined.
Step 3: Add the Dry Ingredients
Now it's time to add the dry ingredients to our wet mixture. Start by adding 1 cup of oats flour.
Oats flour is gluten-free and provides a hearty and wholesome texture to our bread.
Then, incorporate 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. This will boost the protein content of our bread, making it perfect for those who want to increase their daily protein intake.
Add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder for a rich chocolatey taste. Finally, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to ensure our bread rises properly. Mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
Step 4: Bring It All Together
To bring everything together, add 1 cup of milk to the mixture. This will help to bind all the ingredients and create a smooth batter.
If desired, add chopped walnuts for an extra crunch and nutty flavor. Mix everything together until well incorporated.
Step 5: Bake the Banana Bread
Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula to create an even surface.
For an irresistible touch, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the batter. The chocolate chips will melt and add a burst of sweetness to each bite.
Now it's time to bake our banana bread.
Preheat your oven to 180°C (or 350°F) and bake the banana bread for approximately 60 minutes. Keep an eye on it and ensure it's cooked to your desired level of moisture.
To check its doneness, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, your bread is ready! Remove it from the oven and let it cool before slicing.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Congratulations! Your high protein gluten-free banana bread is ready to be enjoyed. Slice a piece, savor the aroma, and take a bite into the soft, moist, and fluffy goodness.
This delicious treat is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. The combination of bananas, protein, and gluten-free ingredients makes it a guilt-free indulgence.
Plus, the added protein makes it a great post-workout option.
Remember that you need to cool down the Banana Bread for at least 10 minutes before you cit it into slices and serve.
Hint: To make Healthy Gluten Free Banana Bread you can use Oats flour or Coconut Flour or Almond Flour.
- Oats Flour - instead of Oats flour, you can use Almond Flour or Coconut Flour as well
- Protein Powder - I use whey Protein Powder to make this Protein Banana Bread recipe. You can also use Casein Protein Powder
- Vegan - to make Vegan Protein Banana Bread, use Pea Protein Powder and replace milk with Oatmeal milk.
Flavor Variations to this Protein Banana Bread
- Berries - add fresh seasonal berries to this Banana Bread to make this even delicious. Blueberries or Raspberries are a great addition to any Banana Bread recipe.
- Vanilla - just skip the cocoa powder to make regular old fashioned Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter - add Peanut Butter in this Banana Bread to make it even more delicious.
Also try this Peanut butter Banana Bread recipe.
Love Banana Bread? Also try these recipes
How to Store Banana Bread to keep it moist
Refrigerate: To store Banana Bread moist wrap it with a plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate Banana Bread for upto 5 days.
Can you freeze Banana Bread?
Once the loaves have cooled down, double wrap them with plastic and aluminium foil and store them in a freezer friendly zip lock bag. You can freeze homemade banana bread for upto 3 months.
Remember to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
Looking for other high protein recipes like this? Try these:
Dark Chocolate Protein Banana Bread
- 1 cup Oats Flour
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- 2 medium szied Bananas
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar Free Sweetener
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line a loaf tin with Parchment Paper and Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash them using a fork. Add the yogurt, sugar free sweetener, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients - Oats flour, Cocoa Powder, Protein Powder, Baking Soda and chopped Walnuts. Fold until combined through.
- Add this to a lined loaf tin, top with chocolate chips, and bake @350F or 180C for 55 to 60 min. After the banana bread gets baked, allow it to cool down for 10 min.
- Cut it into slices and serve.