Easy Spinach Salad with Purple Cabbage, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Red Onions and a delicious Low Carb Vinaigrette with Mint, Garlic & Lemon is just the best! Its super simple and easy to make with the healthiest veggies.
This easy Spinach Salad is quick to make and is easily customizable with your favorite add ins.
Easy Summer Salad
Sunny Summer Days calls for cool and refreshing Salads like this one!
I love Summer Salads with fresh greens. Especially Salads with Spinach are extra healthy, packed with Protein and so nutritious.
In fact I have been making this quick Spinach Salad for a long time now! I just never happened to share it with y'all, thinking its too simple!
But sometimes Simple Salad recipes like this one hits the spot. Especially on a sultry hot Summer day when you crave something super light and refreshing for lunch, this salad comes handy.
This Salad has a base of Spinach and Purple Cabbage. And to that i have added some freshly chopped Bell Peppers for crunch, Persian Cucumbers, Chopped Heirloom Tomatoes, & Sliced Red Onions.
Also the Vinaigrette is super simple and extra refreshing!
The Vinaigrette consists of Fresh Mint Leaves along with Garlic, Lime Juice, Salt to season, a bit of Olive Oil and just a bit of Honey! It comes together super quick in a blender and is the perfect addition to this zesty and refreshing Spinach Salad.
A perfect side Salad Recipe
You can also double this Spinach Salad with some Grilled Chicken or Cooked Orzo or Farro or Quinoa and enjoy!
Also this is so easy to customize with whatever ingredients you have at home. Got any fruits like Apples or Oranges or fresh Summer Berries, you can add those.
You can top with some crumbled Goat Cheese on top. Also you can garnish with some chopped Nuts like Almonds or Walnuts of your choice.
Ingredients needed to make Spinach Salad
- Spinach - Use fresh Baby Spinach for this salad. You do not even have to blanch it. Just rinse it in a salad spinner, drain and use.
- Bell Pepper - I like to use fresh Bell Pepper for sweetness and crunch
- Purple Cabbage - It gives a nice freshness and color to this salad
- Red Onion - thinly sliced Red Onions are a welcome add in
- Persian Cucumber - diced Cucumbers feel so refreshing in this Summer Salad
For the Vinaigrette
- Fresh Mint Leaves - this gives a burst of summer flavor to the dressing.
- Garlic - just a clove of Garlic
- Lime Juice - for burst of flavors
- Salt - to taste
- Honey - to balance the taste of Spinach
- Olive Oil - for the dressing.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Spinach Salad
STEP 1: PREP THE VEGGIES
- Chop the Spinach and wash in a salad spinner
- Chop the Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and Cucumbers. Thinly slice the Purple Cabbage, Red Onions.
STEP 2: MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE
- In a blender add the freshly chopped Mint leaves, a clove of Garlic, Lime Juice, Salt, Olive oil and Honey.
- Pulse until blended smooth.
STEP 3: TOSS THE SALAD
- Add a base of Spinach followed by the veggies.
- Pour the Mint Vinaigrette on top
- Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Add Chicken - Toss in Grilled Chicken for a hearty lunch and to add in more Proteins
- Tofu - For Vegan version add in chopped Tofu for Protein
- Orange Juice - use Orange Juice instead of Lime juice for more flavors.
- Nuts of Choice - Garnish with Almonds or Walnuts or Nuts of Your Choice.
- Goat Cheese - top Salad with Crumbled Goat Cheese.
More Easy Salad Recipes
Get the full collection of Salad recipes from Recipe magik here.
- Cucumber Red Onion Avocado Salad
- Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Romaine Salad
- The Best Vegan Tuna Salad
- Salmon Salad
- Refreshing Pomegranate Orange Salad
Easy Spinach Salad
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper diced
- 1 medium sized Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Persian Cucumber diced (skin on)
- 2 medium sized Heirloom Tomatoes diced
- ½ medium sized Purple Cabbage thinly sliced (can use Green Cabbage as well)
FOR THE LEMON MINT VINAIGRETTE
- 1 CUP Mint Leaves freshly chopped
- 1 medium sized Lime juiced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Make the Vinaigrette: In a blender jar add all the ingredients. Pulse until blended smooth. Keep aside.
- Toss the Salad: Wash the Spinach in a salad spinner. Drain and set aside.In a large salad mixing bowl, add a base of Spinach, followed by Purple Cabbage, Diced Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, thinly sliced Red Onions & Diced Cucumbers.Pour the Dressing over it. Toss to combine
- Serve: Serve immediately. You can Garnish with chopped Nuts of Choice & Goat Cheese.