Cucumber, Red Onion, Tomato Avocado Salad is a quick, easy, and refreshing salad recipe! This hearty salad is super easy to make and is everyone's favorite!
FEEL GOOD AVOCADO SALAD
CUCUMBER TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD
This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with mint is a healthy and satisfying salad. Bursting with Summer flavors, this is incredibly refreshing with a simple Lemon and Olive Oil dressing.
For the base I have used Chopped Purple Cabbage.
Then you have creamy Avocados, along with fresh and tangy Heirloom Tomatoes, Red Onions and juicy Persian Cucumbers!
Tossed with Olive Oil and garnished with Fresh Mint Leaves this is truly unique and refreshing in its own!
Looking for a quick summer side dish recipe or a perfect BBQ Side for your cookouts? You cannot have an easier and tastier salad than this one!
Make a large batch of this Cucumber, Tomato Avocado Salad and serve with your grilled food recipes. Everyone is going to love it!
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with Mint
Summer is here which means its officially the season for fresh and refreshing salads. One of my favorite things about Summer is Salad.
This creamy Avocado salad is one of my favorite Summer Salad recipes.
Especially Mint is so good! It truly feels like bursts of Summer flavors in your mouth.
More Creamy Salad Recipes
Easy Avocado Salad
Avocado Salad is seriously one of the easiest to put together. It goes great with Steaks, Grilled Dinner and every other hearty dinner recipes.
Also the dressing is super simple made with just Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.
However it brings out the most creamiest flavor of Avocados and Cucumber in this salad.
Also add Cucumber to the mix, and it becomes extra juicy and refreshing. Have you tried my other cucumber salads like this Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad or Onion Cucumber Tomato Corn Salad or Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad
- Cucumbers - You can use Persian or English Cucumbers. Peel and dice.
- Red Onions - peel and thinly slice Red Onions.
- Purple Cabbage - thinly sliced
- Avocados - three large ripen Avocados
- Heirloom Tomatoes - You can use cherry tomatoes as well.
- Mint Leaves - chopped Mint Leaves for garnish
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - for dressing
- Lemon Juice - for dressing
- salt - to taste.
See recipe card for quantities. Also take a look at the video for a quick visual.
How to make Cucumber Red Onion Avocado Salad
STEP 1: CUT AND PREP THE VEGGIES
- Dice the Cucumber and Tomatoes
- Peel and thinly slice the Red Onions
- Peel and chop the Avocados.
- Thinly slice the Purple Cabbage
STEP 2: MAKE THE SALAD
- Add the base of the salad with thinly sliced Purple Cabbage
- Top with Diced Cucumber, Tomatoes, Red Onions and Avocados
- Drizzle Olive Oil, Lemon Juice on top. Sprinkle Salt
- Toss to combine.
- Cilantro - You can replace mint with freshly chopped Cilantro
- Feta Cheese - you can add crumbled Feta Cheese on top as a garnish.
- Crumbled Bacon - You can top with crumbled bacon for an added crunch to this salad.
- Lettuce - instead of Purple Cabbage you can use Romaine Lettuce as the base for the salad.
- Garlic Salt - Instead of regular salt, use garlic salt to lift up the flavors
- Parmesan - you can top with a little grated Parmesan.
Tips to make the best Cucumber Avocado Salad
Avocados - After chopping the Avocados, quickly add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Leaving the avocados in the open, gets them oxidized and they turn brown. So quickly add the lemon juice to prevent that.
Red Onions - The taste of Red Onions can be pretty sharp most often.
You can either use picked red onions which is nothing but Red onion slices, dipped in white vinegar for about an hour and then used.
OR, Just soak the red onion slices in cold water while you prep the rest of the ingredients, drain and pat dry before adding them to the salad.
This will reduce the sharp taste of Red Onions.
Cucumbers - I love to use Persian cucumbers as they are thin skinned and not too long, which makes the water content in them more!
Cucumber Red Onion Avocado Salad
- 2 medium sized Cucumbers diced (can use English or Persian, do not peel)
- 1 medium sized Red Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 medium sized Heirloom Tomatoes diced (can use Roma Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes)
- 3 ripe Avocados
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt as per taste (can use Garlic Salt)
- Chop the Red Onions, Dice the Cucumbers and Tomatoes, Peel and scoop out the Avocado flesh and chop into dices. Chop the Mint Leaves
- Add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Salt on top. Toss to combine and serve immediately.