Balsamic Grilled Chicken - Chicken Thighs are marinated with Balsamic Vinegar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Thyme, Oregano, Honey, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Salt, and Pepper. It is transferred to a Ziplock bag and refrigerated for few hours. Then it is grilled (outdoor grill or indoor grill) and served with fresh chopped parsley on top. Serve this with Cucumber Salad or Corn salad or Grilled Mexican Street Corn and your dinner is sorted.
Making the Balsamic Chicken Marinade takes less than 2-minutes. And, grilling them takes almost 2-3 minutes per side. I am sure you want to give this recipe a try. Not into Dark Meat? Try Balsamic Marinated Chicken breasts or Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts.
These days the best way to beat summer is by cooking outdoors. I enjoy a grilling weekend on my porch with a few of my friends. Steaks, ribs, or grilled chicken, we just enjoy it more than we can imagine.
I've been making so many grilled recipes recently. And, thankfully, I and my friends are enjoying it too. Most of my friends love grilled food since it is low carb and healthy. Learn More about the Health Benefits of grilled food.
These are the ingredients that you will be needing to make Balsamic Marinated Chicken thighs.
- Chicken Thighs - I use boneless skinless chicken thighs, since they are the juiciest pieces of chicken you can ever get. You can also use chicken breasts to make this recipe.
- Balsamic Marinade - Balsamic Vinegar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Thyme, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, Honey, Soy Sauce, and Olive Oil.
- Fresh Parsley - For garnish
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, check out the video on YouTube for a visual 🎥
Step 1: Make Balsamic Marinade
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the ingredients for Balsamic Marinade. Stir well using a balloon whisk.
Step 2: Marinade Chicken
Transfer chicken to a ziplock bag. Pour the balsamic marinade on the chicken and shake the bag so that chicken is evenly coated in the marinade. Refrigerate marinated chicken thighs for at least 2-3 hours.
Step 3: Grill Chicken
Preheat one side of the outdoor grill to medium-high heat. If using charcoal then arrange pieces under one side grill grates. Grill both sides until they are no longer pink. Brush sauce on chicken and serve with fresh chopped parsley on top. See this recipe for Tandoori Chicken Wings and you'll know how to grill them in Air fryer or oven.
⭐️Hint: Heat one side of the grill. Allow another side of the grill to remain cool. If your grill has been preheating then it won't take you long to grill chicken. or else it would take you at least 5-minutes per side to grill them completely.
Instead of chicken, you can use Pork Tenderloins with the same marinate to make Pork Tenderloin roast.
- Smoked paprika - Want your Balsmic marinated chicken spicy? Add some Smoked paprika in the marinade.
- Cayenne pepper - Need more heat, add some Cayenne Pepper in the marinade.
- Chipotle Chili Pepper - For a mexican touch to your dish and to spicen it up further add some chipotle chili pepper.
- Ketchup - To make the flavors stand out, add some Ketchup while making the marinade.
- Worcestershire Sauce - If you find your Balsamic chicken marinade to be too sweet, you can always include some Worcestershire Sauce.
- Red Pepper Flakes - Need to spice up your chicken? Add in some red pepper flakes.
See this Grilled Honey Lemon Basil Garlic Chicken recipe and you'll find more ideas on how to play with the flavors.
- Marinate Chicken for at least 2-3 hours for best flavors. However, if you are in a hurry then you can marinate it for 30-minutes.
- Never Oil your grill grates before grilling.
- Preheat your outdoor grill so that it doesn't take you much time to grill your chicken.
- Don't grill one side for too long or else it might get burnt.
- While grilling, do not disturb them for at least 2-3 minutes per side. Constantly flipping and check will not get them evenly grilled.
- Check internal temperature of chicken. It should be at least 165°F at the center for you to be sure that its completely cooked.
- Simmer the leftover marinade in a pan and then brush it on the chicken for added flavors.
⏰Make Ahead Instructions
You can marinate your chicken and transfer it to the freezer. It will stay perfectly fine for up to 7-8 days. Once you are ready to cook thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Grill it and serve hot.
If you want to store some of this deliciousness then cool the chicken down completely. Transfer it to an air-tight container or wrap tightly with a plastic wrap or a heavy-duty aluminum foil. If stored properly it can last upto 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
How to Grill them in Oven?
If you want to grill your chicken in your oven, set your oven to broil mode on high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a cooling rack or a broiler pan inside the baking sheet. Arrange it in the top rack of your oven. Broil on high for 5-7 minute per side. Flip over and broil other side at least 4-5 minutes.
Once grilled, Preheat oven to 350°F and reposition the rack in the middle of your oven. Brush chicken with leftover sauce. Bake chicken for at least 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.
More Grilling Recipes
If you make this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below. Leave a rating if you liked it. Snap it and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- 2 pound Chicken Thighs bone-in or boneless
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the ingredients for balsamic marinade. Stir lightly, using a spoon or a whisk.
- Transfer the marinade to a ziplock bag along with chicken. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Shake vigorously until chicken is evenly coated in the sauce. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Grill chicken on each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until they are no-longer pink.
- Simmer the remaining sauce in a pan and brush it on the chicken. Serve right away garnished with freshly chopped parsley along with any salad or corn on the cobb.
- If using an outdoor grill then preheat your grill for few minutes so that it takes you just 2-3 minute per side to get them grilled.
- Make sure you leave one side cool and use only one half of your gas grill to grill your chicken.