Easy Meatloaf muffins with oatmeal are a quick alternative to readers' favorite Best Meatloaf Recipe that'll knock your socks off.
I know how much you guys love my meatloaf recipe. And I promise, I haven't changed a thing with this Meatloaf muffin. I just tried to cut the cooking time short.
While a traditional Meatloaf takes about 55 minutes to 1 hour to get done, a meatloaf muffin takes about 20 to 25 minutes.
I prefer adding rolled oats to add more structure and chewiness to the meatloaf.
Muffin tin Meatloaf
Nothing could be more comforting than enjoying a muffin tin meatloaf for lunch hours at work, sharing some of these mini meatloaf muffins with your neighbors, or packing these Non-sandwich alternatives for kids' lunch boxes.
These miniature meatloaf Muffins are especially good for those busy morning hours, which flee off in seconds.
The best thing about these muffin tin meatloaf is - they can be made ahead of time.
So, warm it up at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, and it'll be the most delicious muffin pan meatloaf you've ever had.
- Ground Beef
- Yellow Onions
- Rolled Oats
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Italian Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Keto Ketchup
- Homemade Meatloaf Seasoning
- Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
How to Make Healthy Meatloaf in muffin tins
A healthy Meatloaf Muffin has a bad reputation for falling apart or not being as delicious as a traditional meatloaf. But that's all false. I can tell you that after my office colleagues flooded me with compliments when I shared these Mini Meatloaf Muffins with them. As a kid, my mom would always make everything go by me. She would call me her biggest critic. And, I loved innocently pointing out things like - "Mama, it's not sweet enough, it needs a kick, it needs some heat," and that's how I understood the intricacies of flavors.
So, I can confidently tell you that this Mini Meatloaf Muffin is healthy and full of taste and flavors.
STEP 1: Combine Ingredients for the meatloaf
Combine ground beef, yellow onions, garlic, rolled oats, panko breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, yellow mustard, ketchup, meatloaf seasoning, maple syrup or brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
STEP 2: Portion out Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and line it with cupcake liners. Spoon the moist meatloaf muffin filling into the muffin pan up to the top. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a paper towel to soak up any grease on the mini meatloaf muffins.
STEP 3: Make the glaze for Miniature Meatloaf Muffins
Combine Ketchup, red wine vinegar, and brown sugar or maple syrup in a bowl. Mix well. Season the glaze with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder.
STEP 4: Spoon the glaze over the muffins
Spoon the glaze over the muffins and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
How long to cook Meatloafs in muffin tins
It doesn't take much time to cook meatloafs in muffin tins. Why?
- They are smaller in size, so they cook faster.
- I prefer cooking them twice. Once when you have filled the muffin tins with meatloaf batter. Second, when you spoon the glaze, you bake it once again.
- Typically, I prefer cooking the meatloaf in muffin tins for 15 minutes on the first go.
- Secondly, when I have spooned the glaze, I prefer to bake them for an additional 10 minutes so that the glaze sticks to the meatloaf muffins.
So, to answer your question, it takes approximately 25 minutes to cook meatloaf muffins.
Should I cook Meatloaf Muffins at 350 or 400
Are you confused and thinking about what temp to cook meatloaf muffins?
I would say none of the above. I prefer cooking meatloaf muffins at 375 degrees F. It creates an ideal temperature to cook the meat completely.
Therefore, I am unsure how long to cook meatloaf muffins, at 350 or 400.
How to freeze meatloaf muffins
These meatloaf muffins are perfect for freezing or making ahead of time.
- Storing cooked Miniature meatloaf muffins - Storing cooked meatloaf muffins requires a prerequisite. You should always cool your meatloaf muffins on a wire rack before cooling. After cooling the muffin tin meatloaf, pack them in freezer bags. When hungry and craving mini meatloaf muffins, open them up, reheat them at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, and enjoy!
- Storing raw Mini meatloaf muffins - Once you've portioned out the mini meatloaf mixture into the muffin tins, transfer them to a freezer. Once they've hardened, transfer them to a freezer bag. Store them for up to 3 months. Cook the muffins at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes. Spoon the glaze and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- How do I Defrost - When craving miniature meatloaf muffins, thaw them in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or preferably overnight. Reheat the mini meatloaf muffins at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Can I use Turkey to make Meatloaf Muffins?
Lean Turkey is an exceptional item to replace ground beef while making meatloaf muffins.
Juicy ground turkey fits snugly into the recipe with next to negligible alternations to the original ground beef meatloaf muffins.
When using ground turkey, I recommend increasing the cooking time for turkey meatloaf muffins by 10 to 15 minutes. So, you should cook your turkey meatloaf muffins at 375 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
What should I serve with Mini Meatloaf Muffins?
When serving mini meatloaf muffins, you can make one of the following recipes to serve with this.
- Roasted Cauliflower with Miso & Peanut Butter - Umami Miso and nutty peanut butter coat the cauliflower brilliantly.
- Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon - crispy bacon with creamy broccoli serves as a hearty side for these Mini ground beef meatloaf muffins.
- Crispy Fried Green Beans - Use your air fryer to save time.
- Roasted Carrots - I've used Miso paste to roast the carrots.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Some traditions that never go out of style
- Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta - A typical Italian pasta to complete meatloaf
More recipes you can make
- Italian Turkey Meatballs in marinara sauce - This dish will surely take you to the streets of Tuscany.
- Extra Creamy Swedish Meatballs - Creamy and comforting meatballs for the fam.
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella - One of my favorite meatballs 'coz it's loaded with mozzarella.
Easy Meatloaf Muffins with oatmeal
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion finely chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 tablespoons keto ketchup can be replaced with barbecue sauce
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons meatloaf seasoning
Mini Meatloaf Glaze
- ½ cup keto ketchup
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup Or ⅓ cup tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray, and line it with cupcake liners.
- Combine the ingredients for meatloaf in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Divide and portion out the meatloaf mixture in muffin pan evenly all the way up to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Make the meatloaf glaze in a bowl and use a paper towel to soak up grease on the meatloaf (if any)
- Gently and Generously spoon the glaze over the mini meatloaf muffins.
- Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.