Roasted Cauliflower with Umami Gochujang Paste, Miso Paste,Natural Peanut Butter and Pure Maple Syrup is purely gorgeous in terms of taste 👩🍳😋
If you want to enjoy Cauliflower as is with no grains then you can make something like this Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Miso and Peanut Butter glaze.
Cauliflower has such an inspiring taste. It makes me forget about chicken for a while. There is depth of flavor. There is a faux meaty taste. And, besides that what I love most about Cauliflower is that earthy taste and that simplicity of plant based foods.
Roasted Cauliflower head recipes are my favorite. I make so many recipes with roasted cauliflower all the time.
I also like to use Roasted Cauliflower for soups. Try my favorite Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup.
To make roasted cauliflower head
- Cauliflower - Cut into small "bite sized" florets.
- Olive Oil - I like to use extra virgin olive oil. But, you can use toasted sesame oil or coconut oil for more taste and flavor.
- Garlic Powder - Just a pinch of garlic adds a smokey note to the cauliflower.
- Salt & Pepper
To Make the Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil - To make the sauce more tasty and full of flavor, I like to use toasted sesame oil. It has a nutty taste and smells like sort of burnt. It brings a unique dimension of taste to this recipe.
- Ginger & Garlic - Asian recipes cannot be complete without some Ginger and Garlic. Ginger adds a nutty and earthy undertone while garlic brings out the heat of the sauce making it taste more vibrant.
- Soy Sauce - You can replace this with Tamari (if you are looking for gluten-free) way to make this. Soy Sauce has an intense taste and make sure you balance the salt content because soy sauce has added salt in it.
- Gochujang Paste - Common notion is that Gochujang paste is spicy. Yes, it is spicy, but is still full of that umami flavor.
- Miso Paste - Miso Paste is basically Japanese Fermented Soya beans paste.
- Natural Peanut Butter - All natural Peanut butter which is 100% original should deliver the best taste and flavor.
- Sriracha - Sriracha will heat it up and make it lightly spicy.
- Maple Syrup - Finally, cool down the heat with some fruity notes of pure maple syrup.
- Water - To get the right consistency of your sauce.
- Chili Vinegar - This should have its own fan base. Seriously, the game changer of this recipe.
See recipe card for quantities.
Here is quick look at the instructions on How do you make Roasted Cauliflower from scratch.
Coat cauliflower in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast it in the oven at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
Combine ingredients for sauce, simmer, and make a thick sauce.
Roasted Cauliflower added to peanut sauce.
Serve with freshly chopped green onions.
Hint: Simmer the sauce until it thickens and all the ingredients combines together. If you want to make sure that the sauce is even thicker, then add 1-2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- Broccoli - Don't like Cauliflower? Try Broccoli instead. Here's my Grandma's Broccoli Casserole with Cream Cheese
- Zucchini - Not into broccoli or cauliflower? No problem. You can make the same recipe with zucchini as well. Here's my KETO Zucchini Meatballs also read these Important Health Benefits of Zucchini.
- Sweet Potatoes - Sweet Potato is a root vegetable that can be an excellent substitute for cauliflower. Although it might take a little longer in the oven.
- Tamari - If you are looking for a gluten-free version of the same recipe, then all you have to do is just replace soy sauce with Tamari.
You can add some variations to the recipe to suit it according to your taste.
- Spicy - Prefer spicy? Although this is already supposed to be spicy. But still, if you think you can handle more spicy, just skip maple syrup.
- Add Veggies - Along with cauliflower you can add some mushrooms and carrots. You can roast all three (cauliflower, mushrooms, and carrots) in the oven.
- Mustard - Roasted whole cauliflower recipes with mustard are something that I am yet to try. But, I have tried them, and they taste awesome.
Can I make Easy roasted cauliflower in the Air Fryer?
Easy Roasted Cauliflower in Miso and Peanut Sauce can be definitely made in an Air Fryer or a Ninja Foodi.
Air Fryer is an excellent equipment to quickly make roasted cauliflower from scratch.
See these Air Fryer Cauliflower recipes and take some hints
After you roast cauliflower in the air fryer, you can make the sauce separately in the skillet. Toss them both together. And serve with freshly chopped green onions.
Storing Roasted Cauliflower with Peanut Sauce is pretty easy.
Allow the dish to cool down completely. Place it in a sealed airtight container. Store for up to 4-5 days.
You can freeze this roasted cauliflower for up to 3 months in the freezer. But, make sure you thaw the sauce and cauliflower for few hours, reheat and then serve.
What to Serve with roasted Cauliflower?
You can serve this roasted Cauliflower recipe with Peanut and Miso Sauce as mentioned in this recipe. Besides that, you can serve this with Buffalo Sauce or you can make roasted cauliflower curry (in an Indian format) or you can serve roasted cauliflower with cheese.
Why is my roasted cauliflower mushy?
There are a few reasons why your roasted cauliflower has turned mushy. But, one of the prime reasons could be that you overcrowded your baking tray. When you place too many cauliflower florets in one baking tray, you don't give the hot air enough space to roast the cauliflower florets. As a result they remain uncooked or mushy.
How to make Spicy Roasted Cauliflower?
If you are looking for spicy roasted cauliflower recipe, then you can definitely make this. This sauce has Gochujang Paste which is not just spicy but full of umami flavor. Then there is Japanese Miso Paste which has so many flavor.
Does Roasted Cauliflower has carbs?
Yes. 1 Serving of Cauliflower has approximately 101 calories. It is not something that is low in carb and high in protein. But, it is highly recommended when you are on diet, because it provides you with instant energy.
Why is my cauliflower not crispy?
Cauliflower has almost 92-94% water. Therefore it takes a lot of time to roast cauliflower in the oven. Moreover, if you see that your cauliflower is not crispy, then it means that you've probably over baked your cauliflower or probably you have over-crowded the baking tray.
- Do not overcrowd the baking tray when roasting cauliflower in the oven.
- It depends on oven to oven. Generally, it takes 20-minutes to roast about 10-15 medium-sized cauliflower florets at 425F.
- While making the Miso Peanut Sauce, I've used Toasted sesame oil. If you want you can use coconut oil or olive oil or sesame oil.
- I like to use chili vinegar at last for best flavor and taste. If you cannot find chili vinegar use rice vinegar.
- Ginger and Garlic are very important in this recipe. It provides a natural earthy taste to this Asian Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
My Favorite Cauliflower Recipes ❤️
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Ginger Soy Cauliflower
- Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower with Miso & Peanut Butter
To make roasted cauliflower
- 1 medium-head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make the sauce
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce can replace with tamari for gluten-free variant
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang Paste
- 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3-4 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup or any other sweetener that you prefer
- water as much as required
- ½ teaspoon chili vinegar or rice vinegar/balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper only if you want it to be too spicy
- finely chopped green onions
How to roast cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 9x9 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower heat into 1/2 inch thick steak. Now break up the wedges into bite-sized florets.
- Place cauliflower florets in the center of the baking sheet. Add olive oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Toss well. Spread out the cauliflower florets, making sure they are not sticking to each other. NOTE: Don't overcrowd the baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until roasted and crispy.
Make the Sauce
- Heat toasted sesame oil in a non-stick skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add grated ginger and finely minced garlic. Toss for 30-seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in soy sauce, Gochujang Paste, Miso Paste, Natural Peanut Butter, Sriracha, Pure Maple Syrup. Stir well until combined.Add some water (depending on how thick you want your sauce to be) stir lightly and bring it to a simmer.
- Add in chili vinegar and mix well until combined.
Combine Roasted Cauliflower with Sauce
- Combine roasted cauliflower with the creamy Miso Peanut Butter sauce. Stir lightly and combine.
- OPTIONAL - Add in some freshly ground black pepper, and garnish with freshly chopped green onions.