Crispy Baked Thai Chicken Wings is not just good, it's simply excellent. The sticky, sweet, and just a wee bit of "spicy" sauce calls for a party at any time of the day. Its perfect Game Day Appetizer or for any special occasion.
Perfect for Game day or just any other day when you feel like enjoying some Baked Wings, these Thai Chili Baked Chicken Wings which are tossed in Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Vinegar, and Brown Sugar are just Perfect! I've also used some Fish sauce for that perfect umami flavor. And, lastly chopped Cilantro and Green Onions add that freshness and that dash of color to make the dish look and taste absolutely amazing.
Baked Thai Chicken Wings
I love wings. And I would never say no to wings. At least not in this lifetime. Wings are a party pleaser. You can make it in minutes and it tastes so dang good. I have been wanting to make these Thai Chicken Wings since the day I made Crispy Thai Sweet Chili Chicken.
The Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is simply outstanding. It can turn any ordinary recipe into something so good. It has a sweet and slightly spicy taste which feels amazing. I am a person who likes to add flavors to my chicken. Chicken Wings are my go-to menu when I want to make something quick and delicious.
Quick and Easy Chicken Wings in oven
There are times when you are suddenly expecting some guests or when there is a group that decides to stay the night at your home. or Maybe your son has invited his friends for a party at your place. Or suppose it's the game night and you've got a whole crowd waiting to be fed. During those times, chicken wing recipes like these come in handy. My go-to Chicken Wing recipes are Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings (a classic combination of Garlic and Parmesan), Sticky and Spicy Korean Chicken Wings (the Korean Gochujang Paste works like a charm), Extra Crispy Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings in Air Fryer (I love Cajun Seasoning).
I love the Thai flavors. Have you tried my Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken - this is so good, It's like the best thing Peanut Butter can ever make. or Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice - a comforting and soulful chicken recipe for dinner.
So, with no further ado, let's learn how to make Thai Chicken Wings from scratch!
Ingredients needed to Make Thai Wings:
- Chicken Wings - make sure drumettes and flats (wingettes) are separated.
- Sea Salt - to season chicken wings.
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce - the king of the recipe who makes bold statements with its taste. If you donot have this, then you can replace with hot sauce and honey to make the equal amount.
- Brown Sugar - to ensure our chicken wings are not too spicy.
- Soy Sauce - to add that earthiness.
- Vinegar - to balance the saltiness from soy sauce and also to accentuate the other flavors.
- Fish Sauce - for that intense fishy taste and that umami flavor.
- Lime Juice - to bring in a hint of freshness and zesty flavor in the recipe.
- Garlic - to add a little punch to our wings.
- Sesame Oil - for that nutty taste and that beautiful smell.
Baked Thai Chili Chicken Wings Recipe
- Make Glaze: In a measuring jar or a bowl combine Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Fish sauce, Lime Juice, Garlic, and Sesame Oil. Whisk well to combine.
- Bake Wings: Simply coat chicken wings in salt. Pour half of the sauce on the wings. Bake them in a preheated oven at 400F for 10-minutes. After 10 minutes, I like to flip them over and bake for another 5-6 minutes. This ensures even crispiness. Lastly, I baste the wings with sauce and put the oven on broil (grill), and broil the wings for at least 5-minutes.
- Simmer the Sauce: In the meantime, I simmer the remaining sauce in a pan just so that it thickens and coats the wings properly.
- Just glaze wings: Lastly, just glaze chicken wings with sauce and serve with green onions and chopped cilantro.
Have a look at the video for Chicken Wings:
Other Chicken Wings You can try:
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (BAKED)
- Sriracha Wings (BAKED) Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Wings (with homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning)
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Crispy Baked Thai Chicken Wings
- 3 Pounds Chicken Wings drumettes and wingettes separated (tips should be removed)
- Sea Salt as per taste
- ¾ Cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce CAN REPLACE WITH HOT SAUCE AND HONEY 1/4 CUP EACH
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon Fish Sauce can replace with Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
For Garnish and Serve
- ¼ Cup Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Large Green Onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C
- Make Glaze: In a bowl or a glass measuring jar add the ingredients for the glaze and stir well using a spoon or a wired whisk. Keep this aside.
- Season Wings with Salt: Take out all your wings in a bowl. Season it with Salt. Pour Glaze: Pour half of your glaze on the wings and coat them evenly.Bake Wings: Place these wings in a preheated oven at 400F (200C) and bake for 10-minutes. After 10-minutes, flip them over and bake for another 6-7 minutes. And, then turn your oven to Broil (Grill) on a medium-high heat setting. Baste wings with half of the glaze and broil for another 2-3 minutes. Make sure you baste the wings with the sauce midway.
- Simmer the remaining Glaze: Take a pan and add the remaining glaze. Allow it to simmer on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
Garnish and Serve
- Garnish & Serve: Once the wings are baked they would look crispy and golden brown on the outside. Coat them with the remaining sauce in your pan. Serve right away with chopped cilantro and green onions.
Ask Me Anything