Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice is a flavorful and hearty Asian dinner recipe. Chicken is cooked with Thai Red Curry paste and Coconut Milk and served over a bed of flavorful and hearty Jasmine Rice. This Thai Red Chicken Curry is super easy to make, it's healthy, filling, and comforting! It's just like my Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry, but just some Thai flavors in place of Indian. When you're craving Thai food, this surely will fulfill your cravings!
Hey friends! With the holiday season here, it's always fun to try out something unique and different for Dinner.
So today I tried this Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry and served it with some Jasmine rice. And it tasted so good. It's spicy, tangy, tarty, sweet, zesty and so aromatic.
There is something about Thai recipes which makes them so flavorful and aromatic. Have you tried my Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice and my Thai Curried Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup or Green Curry Shrimp | Thai Green Curry Recipe or Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe or Creamy Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry Recipe or Sticky Thai Meatballs with Peanut Sauce or Instant Pot Thai Cashew Chicken or Crispy Baked Thai Chicken Wings or Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken or Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe | Crispy Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
📝 ❤️ What do I love about this recipe?
This Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry is-
- Rich in flavors
- Easy and Hasslefree recipe
- Fewer ingredients
- Quick to make
- Tastes wonderful with Jasmine rice
- The aroma of Kafir lime leaves
If you're a reader of my blog you will know how much I love Kafir Lime leaves. It's so fragrant and delicious. It just makes any recipe taste so zestful and refreshing.
Also, like all Asian recipes, this one too gets prepared in a jiff. It barely takes time to get prepared and is so delicious. This requires so few ingredients and still, there is such a lot of flavors. It's the magic of the Thai Red Curry Paste.
I use store-bought Thai Red Curry Paste. It's so easy to use and always gives me the opportunity to use it in any recipe in whichever way possible. Also, since it's so spicy, just a spoonful of it is enough to flavor any dish.
The Thai Red Curry is made with a lot of Asian ingredients like Galangal, Shrimp Paste, Kafir Lime Leaves, Lemongrass, Red Chillis, Garlic, Coconut Milk, Ketchup, cumin, salt, and sugar. So, every spoonful of this Paste is super flavorful and enough to flavor any dish.
😋 Let's talk taste
This Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice tastes like a burst of Asian flavors with every bite. The freshness of Kafir Lime leaves, along with the sweet and spicy taste of the curry and the hearty flavor of Jasmine rice, makes this feel comforting, refreshing and so delicious.
🍴 Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- 1 lbs Chicken Breasts
- salt and cracked black pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste (store-bought)
- 1 teaspoon Fish Oil
- 11/2 cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 medium sized Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (full fat)
- Kafir Lime Leaves
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
📝 How to make Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry
Below, I will briefly run you through the recipe of this Thai Red Chicken Curry-
- So, first, you begin with coating the Chicken with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. I have used boneless Chicken Breast pieces which I have coated with Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper.
- Second. the next step is to heat a pan with some Coconut oil and sizzle the onion and garlic. As the onion, garlic gets fragrant, add the Thai Red Curry Paste and Fish Oil. Allow the Thai Red Curry Paste to cook over low flame for 2-3 minute.
- After, that, add the Chicken Broth, Coconut Milkand mix until combined.
- Finally, add the Chicken Pieces, the Kafir Lime Leaves, and Coconut milk. Add some sugar and stir to combine everything.
- Cover cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken gets cooked.
🍚 How to make Jasmine Rice
Making Jasmine rice is very easy. Unlike long-grain rice, this takes very little time to cook and ratio. of rice to water is 1:1 1/2
So, to make the Jasmine rice, first, wash the rice in a fine-mesh strainer or a colander and drain the water.
As the rice gets washed properly, throw it in a pan, along with 1 1/2 cup of water. Cover cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat.
After 15 minutes, fork the rice and check if it's done. It's dry and fluffy, it's ready to serve. If not, cover cook for 3-4 more minutes.
Serve this Jasmine rice beside the Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry.
You can also include some veggies in this curry. Cauliflower, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Green Beans, or Edamame. This makes this even delicious and hearty.
🥘 Is this Low Carb?
No, But you can make it low carb by skipping out on the extra added sugar. That won't make this extra spicy as Coconut Milk has a natural sweetness that will tone down the spiciness of this curry. Also, you can increase the amount of Coconut milk you use to make this even sweeter.
Also, since this will get naturally low carb and keto-friendly, you can skip the rice and serve this with Cauliflower rice or Riced Cabbage.
So, this is how you make this amazing Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 lbs Chicken pieces 453gm
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Yellow Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 cup Chicken Broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoon Fish Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Full Fat Coconut Cream or Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice for garnish
- 10-12 Kafir Lime Leaves more for garnish
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1½ cup Water
- Take washed and skinned Chicken Pieces, and season them with Salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- In a non-stick wok, heat some Coconut oil. Throw in the chopped onions and minced garlic. As the onion and garlic begin to sizzle and get fragrant, add the Thai Red Curry Paste and Fish Oil. Saute over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Now, pour in the Chicken Broth, Coconut Sugar, and Coconut Milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until everything combines and it begins to boil slowly.Now, throw in the seasoned Chicken pieces, toss well until the chicken gets coated with the Thai Red Curry Paste. Now, add the Kafir Lime Leaves and the Coconut Cream. Also, add the Coconut Sugar at this stage. Stir well to combine everything. Cover cook over medium-low heat for about 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Wash and rinse the Jasmine rice in a fine sieve mesh strainer or a colander. Drain the water. Throw it in a non-stick wok. Add the water. Cover cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. After 15 minutes, fluff the rice with a fork and check to see if it's done. When you press a grain of rice between your fingers it will smash.
- Serve immedaitely. Garnish with Kafir Lime Leaves and Lemon juice.
- To make low carb, serve with Cauliflower rice or riced cabbage.
- You can add some veggies like Cauliflower, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Red Pepper, Edamame, Green Beans, or Pumpkin into the curry. Add them directly into the curry, while adding the Chicken.
Ask Me Anything