Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken is a sweet, creamy, velvety, and nutty Asian Chicken recipe. This exceptionally easy Chicken recipe makes for a quick weeknight dinner recipe. The creamy sauce made with Coconut Milk, Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Peanut Butter, Honey, ginger & garlic is extremely flavorful and delicious. This Thai Peanut Chicken is best served with a humble bowl of Jasmine rice or Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice.
I love this amazing Peanut Chicken recipe. This is so so so good. I love the fact that this uses crispy fried Chicken and the sauce is made with Coconut Milk and Peanut Butter. I love Peanut Butter and use it for dinner recipes. Well, I had my doubts in the beginning that this is going to turn out to be too sweet or just so bland and boring.
However, I was totally wrong. The flavors of this dish are off the charts. It's so creamy and delicious. This is seriously something which I have never had in my life and was totally smitten by the taste. Have you tried this Creamy coconut Chicken Curry?
I never knew that Peanut Butter could taste so awesome at a dinner recipe. Also, the crunchy toasted Peanuts on top are just the best.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make Thai Peanut Chicken:
- Chicken breasts: I prefer to cut my chicken breasts into small 1 inch bite-size chunks. That way you can feed more people and the juices tend to go deeper into the Chicken.
- Peanuts: I do not like using raw Peanuts. Raw peanuts have a bitterness that forces your taste buds to focus on them. But, when you toast your Peanuts, the bitterness goes away and your Peanuts become sweet and nutty.
- Coconut Milk: I just love the use of Coconut Milk for this recipe. Coconut milk has a sweetness, a creaminess, and a nuttiness that pairs extremely well with the bold flavors of Peanut Butter and toasted Peanuts.
- Soy Sauce - I have used Dark Soy Sauce here. Dark Soy Sauce gives this Peanut Chicken a touch of Asian flavors and flavors it amazingly.
- Peanut butter - Seriously, the best part about this recipe...!
- Honey - For that hint of sweetness...
- Rice Wine Vinegar - For that typical Asian flavors and the hint of tang to cut out the sweetness.
- Garlic (minced) & Ginger (chopped finely)- This is what makes the sauce so good.
- Peanuts - Toasted Peanuts for the crunch
- Salt & Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Chopped Cilantro & Coconut Slices for garnish.
How to Make Thai Peanut Chicken?
- Cut chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. Coat chicken in a mixture of flour, Egg, Salt, and Pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and as the oil shimmers add Chicken coated in the flour mixture. Fry chicken in batches until it gets a beautiful crispy golden skin on the outside.
- Toast Peanuts: I love the flavor of Toasted peanuts. It is so nutty and so sweet. Therefore take a pan and add your peanuts. Turn the knob to medium-high and toast your peanuts for about a minute. Stir continuously so that the peanuts don't get burnt.
- Make the Sauce: Now, in the same pan, add Coconut Milk, Rice Wine Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Peanut Butter, Honey, Chopped Ginger, Minced Garlic, Salt, and Pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Add Cornstarch Slurry: To make Cornstarch Slurry just combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir well and make sure it is lump-free. Pour cornstarch slurry in your Thai Peanut Chicken curry. Stir lightly and allow it to simmer for a while. This will thicken your sauce.
- Add in Fried chicken and toasted peanuts: Lastly, just add in fried chicken and toasted peanuts. Stir lightly and serve with chopped cilantro and some thin coconut slices.
Other Asian Recipes you will love
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken
For the Sauce
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ inch Ginger chopped finely
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Salt Adjust as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Freshly cracked Black Pepper Adjust as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch for slurry
- chopped cilantro & coconut slices for garnish
For the Chicken
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast chopped to 1 inch cubes
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Canola Oil for deep frying the chicken
- Coat the chicken cubes with Egg, Cornstarch, Salt & Pepper. Heat canola oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken and fry them until it gets golden brown and crispy. Fry the chicken in batches. Do not crowd the pan.
- Toast the Peanuts until it gets lightly brownish. (Adding Peanuts is optional, you can skip it if you wish to)
- In the same skillet, add the Coconut Milk, Soy Sauce, Rice wine Vinegar, Peanut butter, Honey, chopped Ginger, minced Garlic, Salt & Pepper. Stir to combine over low heat. Add the Cornstarch slurry by combining 1 tablespoon of Cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of Cold Water. Pour this slurry in the cooking sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the fried chicken and the toasted Peanuts. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with some coconut slices and chopped cilantro. Serve with a bowl of warm white jasmine rice. Enjoy!