Sweet Chili Chicken - Crispy Chicken coated in sweet and sour Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is an easy Chicken Dinner recipe that is so good that you would do anything to not share it with anyone. No Kidding! It's like one of the best Asian dinner recipes that are sticky, saucy, and loaded with crispy chicken.
Talking about Asian Chicken recipes have you tried -
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice - (Best Chicken Dinner ever)
- Orange Chicken (flavorful, zesty, and so good)
- Asian Chili Chicken (an excellent combination of flavors)
- Sesame Chicken (just the best chicken recipe ever)
- Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken (so good that you'd lick it off the plate)
- Mongolian Chicken (best recipe after Mongolian Beef)
Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken Recipe
The prime ingredient of this recipe is the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. You can make so many recipes with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. You can make Salmon, or Shrimp or noodles, or cauliflower and the list goes on and on.
What makes the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce so special is the intense flavors. I just love how you get vivid and brilliant flavors in just one single spoon. It has a brilliant balance of flavors.
The moment you taste it you get an instant sweet taste. That subsides in an instant and you are left with a spicy taste. In my opinion, this Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is magical. If I was in India, I am sure I would have enjoyed this sauce with some parathas (Indian Flat Bread)
You can also enjoy this as a dipping sauce with various appetizers. Such as - these Crispy Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites, Crispy Carrot Fries, Cauliflower Wings and etc.
How to Make Sweet Chili Chicken?
- First Chop your Chicken breasts into bite-size chunks.
- Secondly, you make a flour mixture and then coat your chicken breasts in this flour mixture evenly.
- Lastly, just deep fry the chicken in a skillet with some Hot oil. Take it out and then stir fry in the wok or skillet with some minced garlic, lime juice, and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
Now, when you are ready to serve, just garnish the top with some sesame seeds and freshly chopped cilantro. And, within 20-minutes you have a weeknight chicken dinner served on the table. Wasn't that easy?
What to have with Sweet Chili Chicken?
You can serve Sweet Chili Chicken with the following dishes.
- Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice With Zucchini - The best combination ever.
- Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell - The pineapple brings out the flavors of chicken even more.
- Easy Fried Rice Recipe - 'coz the classics never get old.
- Mediterranean Saffron Rice - One of the most amazing rice recipes to try with sweet chili chicken.
- How to make Cauliflower Rice
- How to Cook Perfect Rice
See the Video and Learn How to Make Sweet chili Chicken:
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap of your Sweet Chili Chicken and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
Batter to Coat Chicken
- 4 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Large Egg at room temperature
- Salt and Pepper As per Taste
- 12 Ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into small bite-size chunks (340grams)
- Canola Oil as per requirement (for deep frying)
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oli or vegetable oil
- 5-6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Tablespoon Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- White Sesame Seeds & Freshly chopped Cilantro
- Coat chicken: In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine Egg, Flour, Salt, Pepper, and Cornstarch. Coat your chicken chunks with the flour mixture evenly.
- Deep Fry Chicken: In a skillet heat some oil. As the oil gets hot and smoky reduce the heat to medium-low and add chicken chunks. Do not add all at once. Make sure you fry them in batches. This will ensure that your chicken is being fried evenly. Once done, remove chicken from the skillet and keep it on a plate.
- Toss in Sweet Chili Sauce: In the same skillet add some more oil. Into that add minced garlic, fried chicken, rice wine vinegar, Thai Sweet Chili Chicken, and salt. Toss lightly to coat in the sticky sauce. Simmer for 2-minutes stirring in between. Serve right away garnished with white sesame seeds. Serve with some rice.
- Before serving taste the seasoning and adjust as per needs.
Ask Me Anything