Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings - a tasty snack, an easy party appetizer, and an excellent game day recipe that you must have on your party menu.
Seriously, never host a party without some Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. They'll be the life of your party. The football season might be a few months away but that won't stop us from enjoying some Baked Garlic Parm Chicken Wings. Will it?
Easy Chicken Wings:
I usually love Chicken Wings with Beer. But, when I am having some Spicy Hot wings such as - Sticky and Spicy Korean Chicken Wings or Lemon Pepper Wings I like to pair them with something sweet such as Chardonnay or White Wine.
However, my favorite combination is Chicken Wings and Beer. Seriously, Chicken Wings and Beer is like a match made in heaven. Both of them are gorgeous together. And, trust me, you do not need anything else. Just some nachos and some salsa would work as a cherry on the cake.
How to make Crispy Oven Baked Wings?
I love Crispy Oven Baked Wings. Baked wings are so much better than fried wings. I love fried wings. There is no doubt about that. But, fried Wings leave your kitchen messy. There is oil splattered everywhere and the pan has browned bits of Chicken and it's an ugly scene.
When comparing that to the Oven, I like Oven Baked Wings because it leaves your kitchen smelling buttery and good. Secondly, you can crisp it up as per your choice. Just keep it under the broiler for few minutes.
So, instead of using Baking Powder to make crispy Oven Baked Wings, just turn your oven to Broil mode and let it broil for at least 5-8 minutes. You'll have crunchy Baked Wings ready in no-time!
How to Make the Best Crispy Baked Chicken Wings?
- PREPARE CHICKEN: First of all pat dry your chicken and coat it in canola oil, salt, and pepper.
- BAKE CHICKEN: Preheat your oven to 400F or 200C and place your chicken wings in the oven for at least 40-minutes. Flip over at the 20-minute mark.
- BROIL CHICKEN: And then turn your oven to broil mode. And, then, just let it get super-crispy for 8-10 minutes.
- MAKE GARLIC PARMESAN SAUCE: In a pan melt butter and add some canola oil. Next, add in minced garlic and let the garlic get aromatic. Now, add in Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Stir well to combine and let it simmer for 2-minutes and then your creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce is ready!
- TOSS CHICKEN & SERVE: Lastly, just coat chicken in this creamy Garlic Parm Sauce and
- SERVE: Serve with some chives or cilantro garnished on top.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce?
The best part about this is the creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce. I mean it's something to die for. It's totally worth raving about. You cannot have enough of this creamy, garlicky sauce. But, there are a few tricks to get there. Making the sauce is not tricky but it does require some tips.
Tips to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- Do not Use pre-shredded Parmesan Cheese: I love Parmesan Cheese. That salty, creamy taste is something that I can never get out of my mind. But, there is a difference between shredded parmesan and parmesan cheese that is shredded at home. And, that difference is clearly evident. It tastes absolutely different. So, to make the best Garlic parmesan sauce I would suggest you go with the best quality of Parmesan Cheese and then shred it at home.
- Always Use Unsalted Butter: I love to use Unsalted Butter while making this sauce. There are two basic reasons for me to do that. a) When I use Unsalted Butter I have control over the saltiness of the sauce. b) Cheese already has salt in it. And it is important that I balance the overall saltiness of the recipe. Hence I prefer Unsalted Butter over regular butter.
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings without Baking Powder
I know you've read it somewhere that adding Baking Powder will make your chicken wings EXTRA CRISPY. I will tell you Why not use Baking Powder for Chicken wings. It is because Baking Powder changes the alkaline level of your chicken and that helps the skin get brown. But, honestly, we do not need it in this recipe. Just broiling them for 8-10 minutes will give you the exact taste and texture that you are looking for.
Tips to Make the Best Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings:
- Do not add too much oil while coating chicken wings. Too much oil will just be a wastage. We just need oil to crisp up the skin and that's it.
- Make sure you Broil your chicken wings for 8-10 minutes or else your chicken wings won't be that crispy.
- Always shred your parmesan Cheese at home. I do not recommend using store-bought shredded parmesan cheese.
- Along with minced garlic, I would also recommend you add a pinch of garlic powder for that garlicky kick!
- Make sure you use parchment paper so that it is easier for you to clean up.
What to serve with Chicken Wings?
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sourcream
- Summer Potato Salad
- Crispy Carrot Fries in Air Fryer | Healthy Side Dish
- Crispy Fried Green Beans in Air-Fryer | Keto & Low Carb Side Dish
- Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (Zero Oil)
- Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Other Recipes You can try:
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that we can see how this turned out.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 4 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Chives or freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 400F or 200C.Prepare Chicken: Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat dry chicken with a paper towel and coat them in Canola Oil, Sea Salt, and Pepper.
- Bake Chicken: Place chicken on a plate lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-minutes. Flip at the 20-minute mark.Broil Chicken: Lastly Turn on your Broiler to High. Place chicken under Broiler for at least 8-10 minutes for crispy chicken wings.
- Melt butter: In a skillet add butter and canola oil. Allow the butter to melt completely.
- Add Minced Garlic: Into that add minced garlic. Stir lightly until the garlic turns aromatic. This takes about 30-45 seconds.
- Add Other Ingredients: Into that add Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Red Chili Flakes, Salt, and Peper. Stir well and allow this to come to a boil on medium-low heat for 2-minutes.
- Toss Chicken: Remove chicken from the oven. Toss chicken in the creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Top with some additional shredded parmesan Cheese. Garnish with chives or chopped cilantro.
Ask Me Anything