Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu takes just 30-minutes to prepare. This Healthy and Low Carb Dinner recipe smartly swap Quinoa for Rice, while giving you that exact same flavor of a takeout fried rice. Equally, spicy, saucy and so delicious. This Vegan Quinoa Fried "Rice" is something which even the kids are going to love. Have you tried Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice With Zucchini or Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell?
What is Quinoa?
Native to Peru, Quinoa is Supergrains that are actually seeds. These resemble rice and when cooked with water, puffs up, and tastes nutty. However, these are absolutely gluten-free, vegan, and low-carb. This can be grounded and made into flour. CAN YOU EAT QUINOA EVERY DAY? LEARN MORE HERE...!
How to Cook Quinoa?
To cook Quinoa, first rinse it in running water. Then cook it with double the quantity of water or broth. Cover cook the Quinoa so that it soaks up all the liquid and cooks ASAP. Generally, it takes about 10-15 minutes to cook 1 Cup of Quinoa over medium-high heat.
Instant Pot Quinoa Fried Rice
Cook the Veggies - whatever you are using - Onion, Garlic, Carrots, Bell peppers in the bottom of an Instant Pot in the saute mode. Then, add the rinsed Quinoa and the sauces. Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Serve hot with chopped Green Onions on top.
Healthy Vegan Quinoa Fried "Rice"
This Vegan Quinoa Fried " Rice" is made without eggs and chicken. However, if you're making a non-vegan version, you can add the fried eggs and chicken as well.
Quinoa tastes exactly like Rice. It has a taste that is so good, equally comforting and so delicious. I love Quinoa. It is one of those Super Grains which is so healthy, low carb, and a perfect alternative to Rice.
I like to cook Quinoa for lunch or dinner. Especially for the Summer Months. It gets ready in minutes and is super comforting to eat.
I was craving takeout fried Rice, however since I am all about healthy homemade food these days, so I skipped the urge to order food and made this Quinoa Fried "Rice" instead of at home. I served this with my Sesame Cauliflower for dinner and man oh man! It felt better than takeout dinner.
It was easy, it was spicy, it was sweet, it was just like restaurants and so delicious...!
How to make Vegan Quinoa Fried "Rice"
First, it's time to cook the Tofu. So chop the Tofu into equal-sized squares and soak out the moisture from it, using tissue paper.
Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the tofu cubes until they get crispy and golden brown on both sides.
Second - Cook the Quinoa: Cook the Rinsed Quinoa with 2 cups of water. The ratio of Quinoa to water for cooking Quinoa is 1:2. Cook Quinoa until it puffs up. Fluff using a fork.
Third - Saute the Veggies. Heat Olive oil or Sesame Oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped Green Onions, chopped Bell Peppers, chopped Carrots, and the cooked Quinoa in the pan. Also, add Soy, Sauce, Worchestire Sauce, Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Black Pepper. Toss to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, just to combine everything.
Serve hot with more freshly chopped Spring Onions on top.
How to make this Ahead of time?
You can precook the Quinoa and store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can use frozen vegetables for this recipe. It will cut your cooking time to half. Thaw the vegetables before use.
Other Recipes you might like
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Low Carb Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette dressing
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu
- 2 cups Quinoa rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium sized Carrots peeled and diced
- 4 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 7-8 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Green Onions
- ½ medium sized Bell Pepper thinly sliced (any color you have)
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce Divided
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 0.5 lbs Tofu chopped into squares
- Chop Tofu into equal-sized squares. Use a paper towel to soak out the excess moisture from the Tofu. Heat olive oil in a pan and as the oil shimmers, add the Chopped Tofu. Fry over medium-high heat until both sides get crispy and golden brown in color.
- Cook the Rinsed Quinoa with 4 cups of water. Cover cook until Quinoa soaks all the water. Fluff with a fork after about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the minced garlic, chopped onions, and all the chopped veggies. Also, add the Tofu. Now, add the cooked Quinoa, followed by the Soy Sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Toss to combine over medium-high heat and cook for just 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with some more freshly chopped green onions on top.