Healthy BBQ Chicken Tacos is a quick and easy Mexican Chicken Taco recipe, packed in soft tortillas and jazzed up with a flavorful Avocado crema, shredded cheddar, cilantro and lime juice! And of course the sweet, spicy and tangy BBQ Sauce is the hero of this dish. This packs 20gm or Protein, 10gm of Fat and 250Cal.
BBQ Chicken Tacos are easy to make and just the best Chicken Tacos recipe ever. Marinated Chicken is served over soft warm flour tortillas with Avocado Crema and BBQ Sauce, topped with fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese and lime juice.
This healthy & easy BBQ Chicken Tacos makes for a easy 30 minutes weeknight dinner which makes for a perfect summertime dinner for the family. Its just super easy to make and tastes beyond delicious.
Ingredients needed for BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breast
- Salt & Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Yellow Mustard Sauce
For Avocado Crema
- Avocado Flesh
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make BBQ Chicken Tacos
Cook the Chicken strips with all the marinade over medium low heat for 4-5 min.
Make Avocado Crema by combining Avocado flesh with garlic, cilantro, lime juice, yogurt, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Add the crema over the toasted flour tacos. Add the cooked chicken over it.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, lime juice, cheddar cheese and serve.
- Crockpot - Place the chopped chicken in the crockpot, add the spices and BBQ sauce. Cover cook over low heat for 3-5 hours
You can store Cooke BBQ Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 3 weeks. You can even freeze leftover cooked chicken in a freezer friendly bag for upto 3 months. Thaw overnight and reheat before serving.
Looking for other Taco recipes like this? Try these:
These BBQ Chicken Tacos are the best weeknight dinner with a fresh avocado crema, low fat cheddar and a perfect homemade bbq sauce! You can use any protein or meat or veggies you have at home to make these Mexican BBQ Tacos.
Healthy BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 2 large Boneless Chicken Breast cut into thin strips
- ⅔ cup BBQ Sauce REDUCED SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup reduced sugar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
for avocado cream
- 2 large Avocado pitted and fleshed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 4 Flour Tortillas whole wheat
- chopped Cilantro, Lime Juice, BBQ Sauce, Chopped Avocados for topppings
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet and add the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, taco seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Thyme, yellow mustard sauce, ketchup and honey. Cook over medium low heat for 4-5 min.
- Make Avocado crema by adding all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Assemble the Tacos. Add the Avocado Cream to toasted Tortillas, add the cooked chicken, drizzle bbq sauce over it, add the toppings of your choice and serve.