Moist, tender, and well-cooked Baked Firecracker Chicken Breasts is an easy and delicious Chicken Breast recipe that makes for an excellent easy weeknight dinner that you can make in under 30-minutes. Also, try my Firecracker Chicken Meatballs.
Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these Firecracker Chicken Breasts are super-good. You can even make this with frozen chicken breasts.
What I can promise you is that you are gonna LOVE the sauce. This homemade firecracker sauce is super tasty a deserves a try even when you are not making chicken. You can serve this sauce with shrimps, salmon, and even cauliflower.
Not in a mood for Chicken Breasts? No worries, you can make this with chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks as well.
Baked Firecracker Chicken
I love Baked Firecracker Chicken because baked Chicken Breasts are juicier and it saves so much cleaning time. When you fry chicken in hot oil, the kitchen counter becomes extremely dirty. And, it takes another 30-minutes to clean it up.
But, when we bake it in our oven, all of that splitter splatter happens in the oven, leaving our countertop neat and clean.
Secondly baked Chicken Breast is juicier than fried chicken breast. In fact, it is so much healthier.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make Firecracker Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: I love a large Boneless Skinless Chicken breast. It's so juicy and perfect for a baked Chicken breast recipe. I generally think about the thickness of the chicken breast depending upon the time I have in hand. If I have got lots of time, then a thick, fat chicken breast is ok. Or else, I use a meat tenderizer and make it thin, so that the cooking time reduces considerably.
- Franks Original Hot Sauce - I love Franks Original Hot sauce. It has a perfect blend of heat and flavor. This results in pure perfection.
- Soy Sauce (of course - Low Sodium) - It's extremely important that you choose low sodium soy sauce for that perfect balance of saltiness and spice.
- Rice Vinegar - Vinegar will help our sweetness shine and also accentuate other flavors, pulling down the saltiness significantly.
- Brown Sugar - Yes, I know, it's firecracker chicken and it is supposed to be hot. But, trust me a little touch of sweetness from Brown Sugar will elevate other flavors.
- Minced Garlic - For that garlicky kick that we prefer in our sauce.
- Red Pepper Flakes - Of course, for that extra heat in our firecracker chicken.
How to Make Baked Firecracker Chicken?
- Preheat Oven: Start with Preheating your Oven and prepare a baking dish by greasing it with cooking spray.
- Make Firecracker Sauce: To make Firecracker Sauce, pour Hot Sauce, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Minced Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes in a skillet. Simmer it for a while until the sauce thickens.
- Top Chicken with Firecracker Sauce: Place Chicken in your baking dish and spoon the firecracker sauce on the chicken. Allow the chicken to bake with firecracker sauce.
- Garnish & Serve: Once your Chicken is baked, serve it with rice. Garnish with chopped green onions and chopped parsley.
Other recipes you might like:
- Honey Mustard Chicken Breast - The Honey Mustard Sauce is so good.
- Baked Herb Chicken Breast - The herbs tastes excellent with juicy baked chicken breast.
- Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breast - The garlic butter adds a beautiful touch to this easy Chicken Breast recipe.
- Baked Honey Balsamic Chicken breast - The Honey Balsamic Sauce is super good.
- Paprika Chicken - Super awesome Chicken breast recipe served over rice.
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken bake - Excellent recipe for a busy weeknight.
- Baked Cajun Chicken - That amazing Cajun Spice mix.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on your Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
- 1½ lbs Chicken Breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil to grease the Chicken, you can also use cooking spray
For the Firecracker Sauce
- ½ Cup Hot Sauce I used Franks Original Hot Sauce or use Sriracha for heat
- ¼ Cup Dark Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar you can also use Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 large Green Onion chopped
- Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Preheat Oven: Preheat the Oven to 200C or 400F and grease a baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Make Firecracker Sauce: To make Firecracker Sauce, heat a skillet. Add Hot Sauce, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Minced Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes. Allow the sauce to simmer for 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Bake the Chicken: Place the Chicken Breast on a greased baking dish. Top with the Firecracker Sauce. Bake for 15 minutes at 400F or 200C. Flip after 7 minutes and baste with some more of the leftover Firecracker Sauce.
- Serve: Garnish the Chicken with chopped spring onions, freshly chopped Parsley, and Red Pepper Flakes. Serve with warm rice and freshly steamed Broccoli.