Cajun Chicken- Chicken Breasts are coated in Cajun Seasoning and baked until perfectly cooked. Finally, it is tossed in a creamy sauce made out of Garlic, Cream Cheese, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
The result is something irreplaceably GOOD. If you need a Chicken Breast recipe that will cause an explosion of taste in your mouth? Try this Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice. Also, have you tried these Cajun Chicken Wings? They are something that you cannot miss.
- Baked Chicken Breast with Cajun Seasoning:
- Easy Chicken Breast Recipe - Cajun Chicken!
- How to Make Cajun Seasoning at home?
- 🍲Ingredients needed to Make Baked Cajun Chicken Breasts:
- 🍽️How to Make Creamy Cajun Chicken
- 🍗How to Know if my Chicken is done?
- 🧊Can I Store Leftovers?
- 🥗What to Serve with Baked Chicken Breasts?
- Cajun Chicken Breasts Recipe
Baked Chicken Breast with Cajun Seasoning:
When creamy sweetness meets the spicy Cajun seasoning the result is this Baked Cajun Chicken. The flavor lies in the sauce. It's a lightly spicy, creamy, sweet, and with a touch of tangy - thanks to the Sun-Dried Tomatoes and the Oil.
I love baking my Chicken Breasts more than searing them because when you bake your breasts they turn out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Moreover, your kitchen stays clean as all of the splatterings are happening inside the oven.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipe - Cajun Chicken!
When you want to make an easy peasy Dinner with some Chicken breasts lying in your refrigerator or freezer then make this Cajun Chicken. It's so easy and the taste is absolutely delicious. I just love every single thing about this recipe. The creamy sauce with a bit of a tang along with that spicy kick of the cajun seasoning and last but not the least the juicy chicken breasts which are baked to perfection.
If I am alone and I feel like not cooking anything then I surely make this Creamy Cajun Seasoning. After all, you should treat yourself royally at least once in a while. right?
How to Make Cajun Seasoning at home?
Cajun Seasoning is a zesty, spicy, and smoky seasoning that you must keep at home. I love to spice up any herby recipes such as this Herb Chicken Breasts with a dash of Cajun Seasoning. And, the best part about it, is that it stays up to 1 year. So, yeah! It takes just 10-minutes to make Cajun Seasoning and you'll have it for one year.
- Just combine Oregano, Dried Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and some Salt and Black pepper. So, it is supposed to have an equal about of all spices. But, more of Smoked Paprika and Black Pepper for that punch in it. So, I like to add 1 tablespoon of each spice except Smoked Paprika - 3 tablespoons and Black pepper - 2 tablespoons.
- Store it in an Air-Tight container and it will stay safe for up to 1 year.
You can make recipes like -
🍲Ingredients needed to Make Baked Cajun Chicken Breasts:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts thinly cut or pounded (about 4 chicken breasts) -
- Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil to coat the chicken
- Cajun Seasoning to coat chicken
For the Creamy Sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes with 1 teaspoon oil
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garnish (OPTIONAL) - Freshly Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
🍽️How to Make Creamy Cajun Chicken
- Coat chicken: Drizzle Oil onto the chicken and then add some Cajun Seasoning to it. Coat both sides of chicken breasts with the seasoning.
- Bake Chicken: Put this chicken in your preheated oven at 440F and bake the chicken for 15-minutes. Flip over at 6-7 minute mark.
- Make a Creamy sauce: In a pan add some Olive Oil. Into that add some minced garlic. Along with that add Sun-Dried tomatoes. I like to add just a bit of oil from Sun Dried tomato for that smoky taste. Saute this for a while.
- Add Cream Cheese and Heavy Cream: Into this add Cream Cheese and Heavy Cream. Mix well to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper. Add Some Cajun Seasoning: I like to add lots of freshly cracked black pepper for that punch. Along with that I also like to add some Cajun Seasoning just to get that intense flavor.
- Place Baked Chicken in Sauce: Finally, place your baked chicken in your creamy sauce. Enjoy with some cilantro on top.
🍗How to Know if my Chicken is done?
To tell if your chicken is perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer. Push it into your baked chicken. If it reads 165F then your chicken is perfectly cooked and is safe to be eaten. If not, then you need to bake it for some more time.
🧊Can I Store Leftovers?
Well, the better question is, will there be any leftovers? If you are lucky enough to save some, make sure you place it in an air-tight container such as Tupperware. And then refrigerate this chicken for 2-3 days. But, do not forget the air-tight container.
Secondly, I do not recommend freezing this chicken since there are ingredients like heavy cream and cream cheese that don't freeze well.
🥗What to Serve with Baked Chicken Breasts?
You can serve your Cajun Chicken Breasts with these recipes.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Mac n Cheese
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Green Beans
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Cauliflower
If you are making Baked Cajun Chicken Breasts using this recipe, then please provide a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Cajun Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts thinly cut or pounded (about 4 chicken breasts)
- Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil to coat chicken
- 1½ Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning to coat chicken
For the Creamy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- ⅓ Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes with 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 Oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- Freshly Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
Bake Chicken breasts
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 450F.Season Chicken: Cut chicken and place them on a baking sheet. Coat chicken breasts with oil. Then season them with Cajun Seasoning. No need to add extra salt and pepper (if your cajun seasoning has salt in it.)Season both sides generously with the seasoning.Bake: Bake Cajun rubbed Chicken breasts in a preheated oven at 450F for 15-minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165F or 73.8CFlip: Do not forget to flip your chicken breasts at the 6-7 minute mark.
Make Creamy Sauce
- Saute Garlic & Sun-dried Tomatoes: In a pan heat some Olive Oil. If you want you can also add in some butter. Into this add crushed garlic, sun-dried tomatoes along with one teaspoon of oil. Saute this for 30-seconds. Add Other Ingredients: Add cream cheese, and Heavy Cream.Stir: Stir using a wooden spatula or a silicone spatula and allow it to come to a slow boil. Season with Salt and Pepper: At this Point in time, season your sauce with Salt and Pepper. Stir well to combine. I like to add more black pepper for that extra punch.
Garnish & Serve
- Place Baked Chicken in the sauce: Once your chicken breasts are baked, place them in your creamy sauce.Garnish: Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes.