Healthy Apple Pops with a Snickers twist is an easy, kid-friendly snack, appetizer, or holiday treat you'll love. Looking for similar healthy treats - do try Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites. It's a healthy high-protein zero sugar treats perfect for kids and adults.
This recipe for Apple Pops with a Snickers twist went viral on Social Media platforms like TikTok and Instagram a few days back.
I decided to try my hands on this recipe, and it came out so good. Just like this easy Protein Loaded Blueberry Yogurt Parfait.
Similarly, I've also tried Banana Bark and Dates Snickers - you must give them a try, if you haven't already.
Ingredients for Apple Pops recipe
- Apples - cut into thin slices
- Peanut butter - (melted) creamy or crunchy, whichever you love.
- Peanuts - chopped roughly (salted/unsalted, whichever suits you)
- Dark Chocolate - Melted - (I used Lindt Excellence 99% Dark Chocolate Bar) If you find 99% dark chocolate bitter, then you can use 45% chocolate or 55% chocolate, whichever suits you.
How to Make Healthy Apple Pops with Snickers twist?
- Step 1: Cut Apple into slices
Use a sharp knife to cut apples into slices along the length. The slices will be in the shape of an apple. Make sure the slices are not too thick and neither too thin. If you cut out too thin slices, you won't be able to insert ice-cream stick pops. And, if you cut out slices which are too thick, then they won't look nice nor taste good.
- Step 2: Insert Ice-cream stick pops
Next, use wooden ice cream stick pops. I like Darice 1000 Pcs Popsicle Stick, about 4.5" made of Natural Wood. (non-sponsored). Don't insert them into the apples, or the apples will break apart. Just insert them until the stick holds the apple slices firmly.
- Step 3: Coat them in Peanut Butter
Microwave Peanut butter at 30-second increments until smooth and creamy. Coat apple pops in melted peanut butter (both sides). Set aside.
- Step 4: Top with Peanuts
Top them with roughly chopped peanuts. I have used roughly chopped peanuts because I like that. You can use unsalted peanuts or roasted peanuts if you like.
- Step 5: Coat in Melted Dark Chocolate
Coat the Apple Pops in melted dark chocolate. I love zero-sugar chocolate bar. Therefore, I've used a 99% Dark Chocolate Bar. However, it can be too bitter if you are not fond of zero-sugar chocolate bars. If that's the case, you can use 55% cocoa or 70% cocoa or 85% cocoa or anything that suits you.
- Apples - You can use any apples you like. Fresh Gala apples, Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, Fresh fuji apples, or Pink Lady apples. I have used fuji apples from a local farmer's market. They are much fresh than what you get in any grocery store.
- Chocolate - When it comes to using dark chocolate, there are so many variations. You can use a Lindt cookies and cream chocolate bar, or you can use a Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate bar, Dark chocolate with sea salt, Dark Mint chocolate squares, or Lindt Excellence Intense Orange Dark chocolate bar.
- Sticks - For more upscale apple pops, buy BetterJonny 5.9 inch Bamboo Rhinestone Sticks (non-sponsored) for a blingy, shiny, upscale Apple Pop.
Various ways of Making Apple Pops
- Caramel Apple Pops - If you want you can make homemade salted caramel sauce and coat your apple pops in it.
- M &M Apple Pops - If you don't like peanuts, you can use M&Ms to coat your apple pops.
- Marshmallow Apple Pops - If you like you can take mini marshmallows and coat your apple pops with those mini marshmallows.
- Pretzels - You can also add crushed pretzels to coat your apple pops.
Similar recipes to try:
Chocolate Apple Pops | Healthy Apple Snicker Pops
- 2 medium Apples cut into thin slices
- 1 cup Peanut butter melted
- 1 cup Peanuts chopped roughly (salted)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Melted (I used Lindt Excellence 99% Dark Chocolate Bar)
- Cut Apples into thin slices and insert a popsicle stick at the bottom
- Coat apple slices with melted peanut butter evenly on both sides and let it set in the refrigerator for 10 min
- Top with salted peanuts and drizzle melted dark chocolate on top.
- Allow the chocolate to set for 10 min in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy.