Dragonfruit Banana Popsicles with just 3-ingredients are one of the healthiest summer popsicle recipes that you can make and enjoy on a hot and humid summer day. It's easy, mess-free, and super-delicious - just like all summer recipes should be.
Dragon fruit is a Fat-Free, Cholesterol-Free, Healthy fruit that is primarily grown in Southern California and Southeast Asia.
This bright pink-colored fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants and is rich in fiber. It boosts immunity and detoxifies our bodies.
You should definitely make Dragon Fruit a part of your daily diet. You can make Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl with nuts and other fruits. Or, if it is summer, then you can make Dragon fruit popsicles.
Dragonfruit Banana Icecream
These cute and healthy Dragronfruit Banana Ice Creams are the easiest summer desserts that you can make in no time.
You'll love this recipe because:
Vegan - Yup, this Ice Cream recipe is totally vegan since I have used coconut cream.
Sugar-Free - We generally use sugar for Ice Cream, but not this time. The sweetness of bananas is more than enough to make this sweet.
Nut-Free - Allergic to nuts? No problem at all. This ice cream recipe is free of nuts.
Here is what you'll need to make Dragonfruit Banana Popsicle
- Ripe Bananas - I like to use frozen bananas because they create a nice texture.
- Coconut Cream
How to make Dragonfruit Banana Popsicle
Here is how to make Dragonfruit Banana Popsicle with step-by-step images.
Step 1: Blend Ingredients in a High-Speed Blender
I used a high-speed blender to combine sliced Dragonfruit, sliced bananas, and Coconut Cream. Blend until everything combines.
Step 2: Pour mixture in Popsicle Mold
Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold evenly. If your Popsicle mold has holes with inserting wooden popsicle sticks then you can insert them right away or else wait for 2-3 hours and then insert wooden popsicle sticks right at the center.
Step 3: Enjoy
Run under warm water and then enjoy on a hot summer day.
Variations and Substitutions
Honey or Agave - If you want to add the extra sweetness you can add 1 tablespoon Honey or Agave.
Almonds - Almonds pair really well with bananas. Moreover, it will add a nutty texture to your popsicles.
Strawberry - If you can't find Dragonfruit, you can simply replace it with Strawberry.
Tips to nail this recipe
- Slice bananas and freeze them. Frozen bananas creates a nice ice-cream texture for our popsicles.
- If you are using ripe bananas there is no need to add any additional sweetners. But, still if you feel it needs more sweet then feel free to add honey or agave.
Which Popsicle Mold works best for this recipe?
Any popsicle mold which is dishwasher safe and inexpensive is perfectly fine for this recipe. I used a silicone popsicle mold from amazon (unpaid) as they are easy to clean and can be reused for so many recipes. You can find similar molds at Target or Walmart.
My favorite Banana Recipes
if you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. And, snap and it and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Let me know how it went by tagging me @recipemagik.
Dragonfruit Banana Popsicles (3-ingredients)
- 1-2 medium dragonfruit peeled and diced
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1 can coconut cream
- In a high-speed blender jar combine sliced dragonfruit, sliced bananas, and coconut cream. Blend until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has space for ice cream sticks, then you can insert the sticks right away. or else wait for 2-hours and then insert the wooden popsicle stick in the middle. Freeze for another 6-hours or overnight.
- Run the popsicle mold under hot water. Enjoy on a hot summer day.