Sticky Pork Belly Bites are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, just as you want them to be. Made in an Air Fryer, these Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites get crispy in no time. Try Zucchini Pizza Bites in Air Fryer and these unforgettable 20+ Easy Bite-Sized Appetizers Recipes Perfect for All Parties.
Although crispy Oven roast Pork Belly and slow-roasted pork belly have been something you guys have loved the most, I dare you to try Air Fryer Pork Belly.
The roasted Pork Belly recipe in Air Fryer uses some essential ingredients in our homes that we have in our homes, almost always.
Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly Recipe is like 1, 2, 3. Just cut your pork belly slices into bite-size pieces. Coat them in spices. Air Fry until evenly crispy on all sides.
What is the easiest thing to cook in an air fryer? It's not these Air Fryer Donuts. Neither these Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites Nor these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts.
It's these Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites. It takes less than 5-minutes to whip up; this Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites recipe will knock your socks off.
What is Pork Belly?
Basically, Pork Belly is just a big slab of uncured and unsmoked Pork belly. You can make your own bacon from Pork Belly.
I have used about 1 1/2 pounds of Pork belly for this recipe.
Is Pork Belly Basically Bacon?
Technically NO. Pork Belly as the name suggest is just uncured unsmoked Pork belly.
Pork Bacon can be derived from anywhere - back, collar, shoulder, and even the stringy pork belly. Is bacon a part of the Pork Belly? Yes. Bacon can be a part of the Pork Belly, back, or sides. Typically, a place where you can find fat.
What are 3 ways that pork belly can be cooked?
Typically people say its:
- Oven Roasting
- Slow Cooking
- Pan Frying
But, today let's add Air Frying into the list.
- Pork Belly:
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Brown Sugar
How to Cook Pork Belly?
Step 1: Cut Pork Belly into bite-size pieces.
Step 2: Bring a large stockpot with 2 quarts of water to boil.
Step 3: Bring the heat down to medium and cook the pork belly bites for 20- minutes.
STEP 4: Combine the ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl.
STEP 5: Remove the pork belly from the stockpot and pat them dry using a paper towel.
STEP 6: Coat boiled Pork belly with the seasoning mix.
STEP 7: Cook in the Air Fryer for about 15-20 minutes. Shake midway to ensure that they are evenly crispy on all sides.
How long does belly pork take in the air fryer?
This depends on a lot of factors. Here I have went into a detail analysis.
- If your Pork Belly is frozen or not thawed enough then it might take you longer.
- Cutting them into larger pieces i.e. more than 1-inch will take them longer to cook.
- Ideally pork belly that is cut into 1-inch pieces takes 18-20 minutes to cook at 400 degrees F.
- If you want to cook at a lower temperature then it might take you even longer to get crispy pork belly.
Do you have to boil pork belly before air frying?
Yes. I do recommend boiling Pork belly before air frying. Boiling Pork belly before roasting them in the air fryer has several advantages.
- It makes them crispier on the outside.
- boiling the pork belly tenderises the meat making it juicy on the inside.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Fried Chicken
- Best Air Fryer Steaks (with Garlic Butter)
- Bbq Cauliflower Wings In Air Fryer
- Roasted Chicken
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
Sticky Pork Belly Bites Recipe in Air Fryer
- 1½ pounds pork belly patted dry
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- If using frozen pork belly make sure it is thawed out completely by placing it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Bring a large stockpot with 2 quarts of water to boil.
- Chop pork belly using a sharp knife into 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- Place chopped pork belly in boiling water and reduce the heat to medium. Boil the pork belly for 20-minutes.
- Remove from the stockpot and pat them dry using a paper towel.
- In the meantime, combine other ingredients for seasoning.
- Coat boiled pork belly with the seasoning mix.
- Now place them in an air fryer lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Shake midway to ensure evenly crispy on all sides.
Very delicious pork belly recipe!! Super juicy