BBQ cauliflower wings - Delicious BBQ wings made out of cauliflower in air fryer. These meatless BBQ wings are Healthy, Low-carb, Vegan and oil-free. Serve with creamy ranch and crispy chopped green onions.
These BBQ cauliflower wings are spicy, crunchy and super easy to make!
Cauliflower florets are coated in a spicy, tangy marinade and then baked in an air fryer until the spice flavour permeates the cauliflower. Serve as is, or with a dip as an appetizer.
Cauliflower does a good job of absorbing the rich sauce and serving as a meaty substitute for chicken wings. Cooked in about 20 minutes these are so tender and tasty. 😋
don't miss - Korean Cauliflower Wings
Chicken Wings are finger-licking good, but these BBQ Cauliflower wings are even better. If you are looking for a quick Vegetarian Game Day appetizer then this is it.
Barbeque Cauliflower Wings with hot sauce are a healthy alternative to chicken wings and they come out just as crispy and savory. Cooked in the Air Fryer they turn out super-crispy and crunchy on the outside!
Smoky, sticky and sweet, full of smoky BBQ flavor.
Crispy on the outside, yet tender on the inside these Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower Wings are a healthy snack that kids and adults will love. ❤️
These cauliflower wings will make you forget all about chicken wings.
What you get
- Crispy Wings with Zero Oil - If you've made cauliflower wings in the air fryer you know that these taste freaking fantastic.
- Excellent Bite-sized Appetizer - Quick and easy these smokey BBQ Air Fryer Cauliflower wings can be used as a Christmas Appetizer or a Game Day Appetizer or a quick tailgate party appetizer.
- BBQ Wings with Less Calories - What you get is a smoky bbq wings with exact same taste but with less calories and more happiness.
- Cauliflower - cut into bite sized florets
- All Purpose Flour or any Gluten Free Flour
- Garlic Powder
- BBQ Seasoning or use 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Italian Seasonings
- Red Pepper Flakes
- BBQ Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Hot Sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Air fryer Cauliflower Wings
STEP 1: Cut Cauliflower into Bite Sized Pieces
Prepare Cauliflower florets by cutting them into bite sized pieces.
STEP 2: Make the Batter
In a large mixing bowl whisk All purpose Flour with Garlic Powder, BBQ Seasoning, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, & Red Pepper Flakes.
In another mixing jar combine wet ingredients - BBQ Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar and Hot Sauce. Whisk until combined.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk until smooth to make the batter.
STEP 3: Coat Cauliflower florets in the batter
Dip each Cauliflower florets in the batter and toss to coat completely.
STEP 4: Place it in an Air fryer
Place the Cauliflower florets in an Air Fryer. If you need to preheat your Air Fryer then you can preheat to 400°F or 200°C.
STEP 5: Serve
Garnish with Fresh chopped green onions and Serve with creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Hint: Line your Air fryer with Air fryer friendly Parchment Paper for easy clean up.
- If you want a less saucy batter then you can reduce the quantity of BBQ Sauce.
- You can replace rice wine vinegar with beer. Beer Battered cauliflower tastes really good.
Can I Bake it in the oven?
Yes you can. Instead of Air fryer you can use your Oven to make BBQ Cauliflower wings. All you have to do is just preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and place your cauliflower wings in a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. You can refer to this Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower au Gratin
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashews & Cauliflower (Gluten-Free)
- Sticky Cauliflower Rice "Meat" Balls - Vegan | GF
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Keto Cauliflower Tater Tots | Air Fryer & Baked (without Panko Breadcrumbs)
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
BBQ Cauliflower Wings in Air Fryer
- 1 Head Cauliflower (1 pound) cut into bite sized florets
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour or any Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Seasoning or use 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar can replace with beer
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- chopped green onions
- Preheat your Air Fryer if it needs to be preheated at 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients - All Purpose Flour, BBQ Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Ground Black Pepper. In another mixing jar, combine wet ingredients - BBQ Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar & Hot Sauce. Whisk until combined. Combine the wet and dry mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth and lump free.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter. Coat all sides completely. Transfer to an air fryer.
- Cook at 200 degree C or 400 degree F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Mine took 17 minutes. So make sure you check and then increase or decrease time.
- Serve with fresh chopped green onions and ranch.