Caramelized Onions and Mushroom Pizza - Crispy Caramelized Onions with Sauteed Mushrooms over a bed of Melty Mozzarella Cheese topped dollops of Goat Cheese makes this irresistibly delicious Mushroom Pizza which is so much better than any other pizza you've had to date.
The Best Part about Mushroom Pizza is:
- The Crispy Caramelized Onions and Sauteed Mushroom topping is the main highlight of this recipe. It takes this Mushroom Pizza recipe to a whole new level.
- The Sweetness of Caramelized Onions pairs perfectly with the tarty goat cheese.
- The Melty Mozzarella Cheese is what you want when you sign up for a Pizza. This Mushroom Pizza doesn't disappoint you at all. The cheesy heaven will make you want to try it right away.
Cheesy Pizza topped with crispy and sweet onions and sauteed mushrooms makes for an excellent dinner, lunch, breakfast, and of course any meal of the day.
For me, the best part about the pizza - besides the obvious - cheesy goodness, was the crispy, sweet caramelized onion topping.
Why You Need to Make this Mushroom Pizza Right Now
This Mushroom Pizza recipe is so damn easy. I mean, you won't believe me If I told you that it took me just 15 minutes to serve this pizza on the table.
- From start to end this recipe for Mushroom Pizza takes not more than 15-minutes. 7-Minutes in the oven and just 6-minutes to saute onions and mushrooms.
- And, talking about the ingredients, all you need is 5-basic Ingredients to make this Pizza.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make this Pizza
This recipe for Mushroom Pizza needs just 5-basic ingredients. And, yes, they are all pantry ingredients.
- Pizza base - You can use this recipe to make your homemade pizza dough. Or you can use a store-bought pizza base.
- Sliced mushrooms - Sliced Button Mushrooms are what you need to make this Pizza.
- Onions - White or Red both Onions are perfect for this recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Pizza with Mozzarella Cheese is totally incomplete. I would suggest a generous amount of shredded Mozzarella Cheese for this recipe.
- Goat cheese - Tarty goat cheese is the prime attraction of this Mushroom Pizza recipe.
How to Make Mushroom Pizza
STEP 1: Saute Onions and Caramelized
In a pan heat some oil. As the oil gets hot, add sliced onions. You can use white onion or red onion. Saute onions over high heat for 4-5 minutes. Once the onions turn translucent, add salt and Sugar. This will help your Onions caramelize faster and better.
STEP 2: Saute Mushrooms until crispy
Take out your Onions in a bowl and keep them aside. In the same pan, add your sliced mushrooms. Saute them over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until it gets crispy on the outside. Cooking your Mushroom before adding it to your pizza is absolutely necessary.
STEP 3: Brush Olive Oil on Pizza Base
Brush Olive Oil on Pizza Base. This will make your Pizza base soft and the topping will sit on your Pizza properly.
STEP 4: Add Mozzarella Cheese
Now add shredded Mozzarella Cheese. You should always start with cheese and then add your topping. So, be generous and add as much Mozzarella Cheese as you want.
STEP 5: Add Caramelized Onions and Sauteed Mushrooms
Top with Caramelized Onions and Sauteed Mushrooms.
STEP 6: Add Goat Cheese Topping and Bake
Finally, add goat cheese topping and bake it in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 7 minutes. After 7-minutes your Mushroom Pizza will be done and ready to be served. Enjoy with chopped parsley or Thyme and enjoy right away.
Should I cook My Mushrooms before adding them to Pizza?
Yes. Cooking your Mushrooms. In fact, to be precise, sauteeing them for 4-5 minutes until crispy will help you get the best flavors from your Mushroom Pizza.
Can I Add Parmesan Cheese as a topping?
Yes. You can definitely add some grated Parmesan Cheese as a topping before you bake your Caramelized Onions and Mushroom Pizza.
I don't Like Parsley Can I use Thyme or Basil for Garnish?
Yes, of course. Besides Cilantro and Parsley, you can definitely use fresh basil or Thyme to Garnish your pizza.
Tips to Make this recipe perfectly
Making Mushroom Pizza is easy. And, these tips are something that you just cannot miss out on. Take a quick look right below.
- Stir Continuously on High Heat for 4-5 minutes.
- As soon as it gets translucent, add salt and sugar. When you add salt, onions will release water. And as the water will get released, since the heat is high, it will evaporate quickly, leaving you with onions that will caramelize in a jiffy.
Other recipes you will like:
- Pesto Caprese Pasta Pizza
- Butter Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Spider Pizza Bites
- American Flag Fruit Pizza
- The Best Homemade Pan Pizza Recipe (No-Yeast)
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how it went.
Mushroom Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
- 2 large Onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms diced
- 1 large Pizza Base *see notes for homemade Pizza base recipe
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil to brush over pizza base
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- chopped Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a Pan. As the Oil shimmers, add the thinly sliced onions and saute over high heat stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes. After the Onions turn translucent, add Salt and Sugar. Saute unil the Onions reduce and caramelize.
- In the same pan, add the diced Mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes. Saute until the Mushrooms get crispy.
- Brush olive oil over the pizza base. Add the Mozzarella Cheese. Top with the toppings - Caramelized onions & Mushrooms. Add some Goat Cheese as well and bake it @350F or 180C for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped Parsley and serve immediately.
- You can add Parmesan Cheese as well along with Mozzarella Cheese
- Do not forget to saute the Mushrooms or else they will dry out in the oven.
Excellent recipe! Thank you so much for the recipe! Absolutely loved it