Whether you call them Monster Eye Cupcakes or Google Eyed Monster Cupcakes, these are really spooky and absolutely perfect for Halloween.
Do you want to make a quick Halloween Dessert for your Kids? Well, I too.
It all started yesterday when I was making this Pumpkin Patch cupcake and even after finishing it off real nice, I was left with a lot of Orange and Green frosting. And what was I supposed to do with them? Throw them? No way! I don't like wasting things in my kitchen. So what? I finely decided to make these Monster Eye Cupcakes with them.
Other Halloween Cupcake Recipes to try:
Googly Eyed Monster Cupcakes
So, how did I get this idea? Well, the answer is pretty simple. I was eagerly looking for some baking project which I can do with my little kiddo.
My little munchkin loves baking. You should definitely have a look at him while he is baking - it is one of the cutest things on earth.
So, I finally thought of making these cupcakes. I did the frosting. Well, he also tried few but as you can guess they were too cute to be used! If you know what I mean.
And, I let him keep the googly eyes on the cupcake frosting. He sort of liked it. He was comparing mine with him, saying his cupcake is scarier.
Anyhoo, back to business.
How to Make these Monster Eye Cupcakes?
Well, these are the cutest and the most adorable Halloween Cupcakes that you will ever make. No fancy ingredient. No special techniques. It's just a simple cupcake!
And I just told you that I made it with my Kids. So this is basically a Kid-friendly recipe that you can make in less than 30-minutes.
With Halloween almost knocking on the doors, with the leaves changing colors, with the weather getting cooler, we have to be making some quick and easy Halloween Desserts. right?
And, folks, I am telling you, there is no cupcake, easier than this Monster eye cupcake right here. It is surely one of the easiest, coolest, and creepiest - and let me also add cutest because these cupcakes are CUTE - cupcakes you will ever make.
So, guys, I have used Whipped Cream frosting. You can make a buttercream frosting if you want. You can also make a cheesecake frosting. It's completely your choice.
Finally, when you're done add your googly eyes on the frosting and your cupcakes are made.
Let's Talk Taste!
This is basically a chocolate cupcake with whipped cream frosting. I have used dark chocolate to make my cupcakes. If you prefer chocolate chips then you can use melt it in the refrigerator in 30-second increment and make it with that. You can also use Milk chocolate if you want. But, I really love Dark chocolate and therefore I made it with Dark chocolate.
Lastly, make a whipped cream frosting with some sugar to make it thick. And I have used gel food coloring to give it that color.
The chocolate cupcakes are moist since they are made with vegetable oil. They are soft and just perfect.
The whipped cream frosting is smooth and creamy. The candy googly eyes are just so good and give you a feeling of being in the Halloween month.
Other Halloween recipes you might like
Monster Eye Cupcakes or Googly Eyed Monster Cupcakes
- 2 Cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Oz Dark Chocolate melted
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Buttermilk mix milk and vinegar and let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Orange Candy Melts
- ½ Cup Green Candy Melts
- ½ Cup Black Candy Melts
- 1 pack Candy Eyeballs I used Wilton candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Line a Muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl mix flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another medium-sized bowl mix vegetable oil with sugar. Add Vanilla extract along with melted dark chocolate. Mix everything well.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients with each other. Mix all of that lightly. Do not overbeat the batter. Add some milk and make a smooth cupcake like batter.
- Use an Ice cream scoop or a spoon to take out some of the cupcake batters and pour it in the muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.Bake the Cupcakes for 20-21 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Once it's done, let it cool on the wire rack for some time.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until you see stiff peaks. If you want, you can add some sugar as well. I didn't need to add any more sugar.Lastly, divide it into three small bowls.
- Melt Green, Orange, and Black candy melt in the oven. Keep stirring at every 30-second interval.Fold it lightly with the whipped cream. You will have three bowls of frosting - one green, another orange, and lastly one bowl of black frosting.
- Take it out in three separate piping bags and pipe it with a nozzle of your choice.
- Grab few candy eyeballs and just keep it on the frosting. No pattern required here. Let it be random.And your Monster Eye Cupcakes or Googly Eyed Monster Cupcakes are ready!