These Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies have taken on a spooky form to look like the evil monsters of Halloween. They are cute, spooky, scary, and totally amazing. Making them is pretty easy. All it takes is just making a simple eggless dark chocolate cookie and then decorating them with eyeball candies just so that they get a spooky sort of look.
Halloween is coming near and it's time to make these cute and exciting Halloween treats for everyone. All it takes is a little creativity and thought to bake these awesome Halloween recipes, which are not too scary and also make a perfect addition to your Halloween Party.
My kids are always excited about spooky Halloween recipes. In fact, they are the ones who come up with some cute little idea, and usually, I am the ones executing them! My kids really love these spooky monster eyeball cookies and they were so excited when I decided to bake these! 🙂
I am in love with these Monster Eyes cookies! Don't get scared from the look of these you guys, this is just a Halloween makeup to some delicious dark chocolate cookies! Trust me taste-wise, these monster eyes cookies are just too good.
Candy Eyeballs are one of my favorite Halloween baking ingredients. They are so easily available in Hobby Lobby these days and makes for an excellent Halloween recipes decoration. If you are to make this recipe or any other Halloween recipe, I strongly suggest you get a pack or two of these Candy Eyeballs.
For the rich-dark black color of the cookies, I have actually used Black Food Color. However, if you do not have food color at home, you could just use the Dark Cocoa Powder. It's actually good you guys. The Dark Cocoa powder along with the Dark Brown Sugar makes up for dark black color cookies which will be just perfect for Halloween.
Since I am using Dark Cocoa Powder and it is quite bitter in taste, so I have used some Granulated Sugar along with Dark Brown Sugar to balance out the bitterness of these cookies. And they really work like a charm. The sweetness of this cookies is what makes it especially tasty!
If you want you can add some Melted Dark Chocolate as well as a replacement for Cocoa Powder. Also, you can add some unsweetened or semi-sweet Chocolate Chips to make your cookies all the more Chocolaty!
So, that was all about these extremely special and exciting Halloween Monster Eyes Cookies. Hope you like this recipe and shall make this for sure!
Halloween Monster Eyes Cookies
- ½ Cup Salted Butter Melted
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Thick Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 Drop Black Gel Food Color
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Dark Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pack Candy Eyeballs
- In a mixing bowl combine melted butter with granulated sugar, brown sugar, yogurt, milk, vanilla, and black food color. Beat it with a handheld mixer or whisk until well combined.
- Sieve and add flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder into your wet mixture. Combine everything well using a rubber or a silicone spatula. Chill the dough for 5 minutes in the freezer after covering it with a plastic wrap.
- Get the chilled cookie dough out. Make small cookie balls and place them on a lined baking tray. I have used a 9x11 baking tray. You can use any cookie baking tray or even a non-stick Silpat if you want.Bake these cookies for 11 minutes at 350°F OR 180°C. Press the cookie with a spatula to flatten it out. Cool it down before you insert the candy eyeballs.
Ask Me Anything