Quick and Easy Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry is a saucy and delicious Yaki Udon Stir Fry Noodles Recipe. It's easy to make and tastes fantastic. Udon Noodles are sooo good. It's addictive and a favorite Asian dinner recipe.
Also try my Miso Sesame Udon Noodles Stir Fry | Vegan Udon Noodles or Shrimp Udon Stir Fry
Try this easy chicken dinner tonight
This Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry noodle is my favorite noodle dish. Stir-fried veggies with veggies, red pepper flakes, and garlic; tossed with soy sauce and sriracha this Udon Stir Fry Noodles is simply the best.
I just love Asian Recipes for dinner. And when there are noodles for dinner it's simply the best.
Have you tried my
Sesame Noodles (10-minutes) or
Spicy Ramen Noodles Stir Fry with Vegetables? These are all some of my favorite Noodle Recipes for Dinner.
Noodles remind me of college days when this used to be my dinner. I used to make instant ramen so often those days. And making them again is such nostalgia! So, whenever, I get time, I get my bottles of sauces out and my Pack of noodles and within 10-minutes my dinner is ready!
My kids love Noodles for Dinner too! It's such a fun idea. Also, to make it a wholesome dinner, I sometimes add loads of veggies like Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, or whatever I have at home. I also love to add Eggs or Chicken or Pork or Beef to my noodles. Not only it adds protein to the dish, but makes it a wholesome family-friendly, one-pot dinner!
Have you tried Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Noodles? I know cooking Noodles in the slow cooker seems useless because something that takes just 10-minutes on the stovetop takes hours on the slow cooker, but NO! You should try it.
The flavors of Noodles cooked in a Slow Cooker are beyond amazing!!!! Try my Instant Pot / Slow Cooker Sesame Noodles (Take-Out Style). You're going to love it!!!!
- Udon Noodles
- Sesame Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Green Onions (for Garnish)
See the recipe card for quantities. Watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: COOK THE NOODLES
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil
- As the water boils throw in the Udon Noodles and let it come to a boil
- After it cooks for about 3-4 minutes, drain the noodles and wash with cold tap water
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
STEP 2: COOK THE VEGGIES
- Heat Sesame Oil in a Pan
- As the oil shimmers, add chopped Cabbage, Carrots, Minced Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper to the Pan. Saute on high for 2 minutes or until the veggies tenderises.
- Add the sauce - Soy Sauce, Sriracha, and Brown Sugar
- Stir to combine everything
STEP 3: ADD THE NOODLES
- Add the Cooked Noodles to the pan
- Toss to combine and stir fry on high
- Garnish with chopped Green Onions and Serve immediately!
Remember to saute on high the Udon Noodles and the Veggies so that they get stir-fried to perfection.
Hint: Do not overcook the Udon noodles. After they get cooked, transfer to a colander and wash with cold tap water so that the noodles do not stick to each other.
🥢 Is Udon Healthier than Ramen?
Yes! Absolutely! Udon is made of Wheat Flour and Water. Also, it's low in Sodium and has Zero MSG. So it's obviously healthier than Ramen.
❓ Is Udon easy to digest?
Yes of course! Since these are made of wheat flour so it's easy on your belly. Actually, Udon is a favorite comfort food dish in Japan. Cooked in a hot and flavorful soup this is seriously one of the easiest and most comforting meals.
- Buckwheat Soba - instead of Udon use Buckwheat Soba Noodles to make Gluten Free Noodles
- Meat - Make this a wholesome one-pot family dinner by adding Beef or Chicken or Shrimp or Pork. Saute along with the veggies and cook throughly before adding the cooked noodles.
- Vegetarian - This Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry is a Vegetarian recipe. You can increase the Protein in this Noodle by incuding Tofu or Veggies of Your Choice. Typically, Broccoli or Bok Choy or Purple Cabbage or Scallions are a great addition to this dish.
This Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry can be customized as per your choice.
- Spicy - Since this is Chili Garlic Udon so its obviously spicy. You can use Roasted Red Pepper flakes to make it less spicy.
- Veggies - You can add veggies of your choice - Broccoli, Bok Choy, Purple Cabbage etc.
These Udon Noodles Stir Fry can be refrigerated for 1 week. I recommend not to freeze this as reheated Udon noodles do not taste great.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below. Also, rate this recipe. Share a snap of your creation on Instagram and tag me with #recipemagik.
(10-min) Chili Garlic Udon Stir Fry
- 4 Oz Udon Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Cabbage chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped (1 medium sized carrot)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Green Onions finely chopped
- Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boils add the Udon Noodles and cook until it comes to a boil. As it cooks for 3-4 minutes, drain the noodles, wash them with cold tap water and keep them aside.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a Pan. As the oil shimmers, add the Chopped Veggies, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper. Saute until they tenderize for about 2 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low. Pour Soy Sauce, Sriracha, and Brown Sugar over the veggies and toss to combine everything. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the cooked Udon Noodles in the simmering sauce and toss to combine. Stir fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped Green Onions and serve immediately.
Dee Hayes says
Very tasty. I used three cups of veggies
so glad you liked this!!!
Been making this Udon Noodles recipe for a year now! Extremely delicious! Obsessed with this recipe...Thanks so much for Sharing this recipe Anjali.