Banana Bark with Peanut Butter and Dark chocolate is a cool, easy, fancy, and zero-sugar dessert that you can make in just 5 minutes and it tastes irresistibly good. It's a unique take on the viral dates peanut butter bark.
You won't believe how easy this recipe is until you see it for yourself.
This tastes just like Snickers. You might as well call it "banana snickers" if you want.
By the way, have you tried this dates Snickers recipe? It has gone viral over the internet.
4-Ingredient Banana Bark
The coolest thing about this recipe is that it needs just 4-ingredients. Which I bet you have at home.
- Peanut Butter
- raw peanuts (chopped)
- melted dark chocolate
How to Make easy Banana Bark Recipe from Scratch?
- Step 1: Cut Bananas into small slices
Use a sharp knife to cut bananas into small slices and arrange them in a row on a large baking sheet (9x9 inch) lined with parchment paper.
- Step 2: Drizzle Melted Peanut Butter
Coat the bananas with melted peanut butter. You can melt peanut butter by simply microwaving the required amount in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-seconds.
- Step 3: Add Chopped Peanuts
Add chopped peanuts on top.
- Step 4: Coat in melted dark chocolate
I like to use 99% unsweetened dark chocolate—microwave dark chocolate in the oven with coconut oil at 30-second increments. Pour dark chocolate over the bark.
- Step 5: Refrigerate and Serve
Refrigerate until the bark sticks together and the chocolate hardens up. Sprinkle with some sea salt and enjoy.
3 Benefits of Having a Banana Bark?
- Unlike a regular bark, this has zero sugar and is much healthier.
- Peanut Butter and Dark chocolate are helpful for people who want to boost their good fat and good cholesterol, aka HDL Cholesterol levels.
- It's something which you can enjoy without worrying about your diet.
This is ideal for people looking for an easy Post-workout snack or an energy boost intra-workout snack.
You can even have it at night when you are craving sugary desserts. I personally love to eat this at night along with my casein protein.
Quick Variations for Banana Snickers
Just like all recipes, there are so many variations for this banana snickers bars.
- You can use Macadamia Nuts or Hazelnuts in place of raw peanuts.
- You can also use 55% dark chocolate if you find 99% dark chocolate too bitter for your taste buds.
- You can skip the nuts and use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy.
More easy recipes:
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Protein Banana Bread
- Dragonfruit Banana Popsicles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- Peanut Butter Mousse (4 ingredients)
Banana Bark with Peanut Butter & Chocolate
- 3-4 large bananas thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter i used creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup peanuts chopped
- 1.8 ounce 99% cocoa dark chocolate bar I used Lindt Excellence 99% cocoa bar
- coconut oil to melt dark chocolate bar
- sea salt crystals
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Arrange bananas in the form of a box of square without leaving any gap between two slices.
- Pour melted peanut butter* on top. Use the back of your spoon to spread it out evenly over the banana slices.
- Add chopped peanuts over the bark.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over the bark. Use the back of the spoon to spread it out and coat the bark thoroughly.
- Freeze the banana bark for 15-minutes or until the chocolate sets completely.
- Sprinkle sea-salt crystals over the banana bark and serve broken into bits.
- Note 1: To Melt Peanut butter, just put the required peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second increments, stirring frequently until smooth and lump-free.
- Note -2: Melt dark chocolate bar in the oven with coconut oil at 30-second increments until smooth and lump-free.