Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls are creamy, sweet, and delicious Cinnamon buns spiced with Apple Cider, Red Apples, and loads of Cinnamon Sugar. This is such an easy and delicious Fall recipe.
There is the sweetness of Red Apples, balanced perfectly by the Cinnamon sugar and loads of creamy goodness. This is topped with Cream Cheese and Apple Cider frosting.
Happy Weekend everyone! This beautiful season calls for some delicious Apple Cider recipes.
Yesterday I made my personal favorite Apple Cider Slushie, and today it's time for something more fun and creative to make with Apple cider! How about these delicious Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls?
These are buttery and sweet on the inside and crusty and creamy on the outside. The Apple cider flavors are distinct in every bite.
This end of Summer and the beginning of Fall is one of the best times of the year. I know people complain that changing weather makes them feel ill.
Well, if you eat seasonally, you'll feel much healthier and more positive. The Red Apples are flooding the farmer's Market and also in my kitchen! 🙂
My Apple Recipe list is endless. I just love working with Apple. Although I am not an ardent Apple lover, I love a delicious Apple Crumble or an Apple Cupcake with Salted Caramel Frosting. However, there is something so seasonal and fresh about Apple desserts, right? In my family, everyone loves Apples. Especially Apple Fritters and Apple Cookies.
Today to surprise everyone, I made these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls and everyone was elated. People loved it. It's so simple and so flavorful.
Let's talk about taste
These Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls have a distinct taste of Apple Cider. The tartness of the Cider is perfectly balanced with the sweetness of Apple - Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Filling. What I love about these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls is the frosting. The Cream Cheese, Cinnamon, and Apple Cider frosting add a distinct apple cider punch to these Cinnamon rolls making them extremely delicious and inviting!
How to make Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls without Yeast
Although, I have made these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls with yeast. If you need to make these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls without Yeast, then you can add 11/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder and 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda along with just 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream or thick Greek yogurt.
All of this will replace the yeast and make your Apple Cider Cinnamon Buns soft and mushy.
Making these Healthy Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls
So, to make the Cinnamon Roll with Apple Cider, First, I made the filling. I have just combined chopped Apples with Brown Sugar, Pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon for the filling. I mixed it all up and kept it aside.
Then I bloomed my yeast. For that, I placed one sachet of Active dry yeast in a cup full of lukewarm water along with 1 teaspoon of Sugar. Sugar helps bloom the Yeast quickly. And within 2-3 minutes, my yeast was bloomed.
For the third step, I made the dough. For it, I combined All Purpose Flour with Granulated Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and cold butter. I mixed the cold butter with the flour using a pastry blender. You can use two forks or just your hands to combine the butter with flour until it reaches a coarse, mealy consistency!
I added my bloomed yeast, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and some milk to this. I mixed it all until my dough was ready. I never over-knead my dough. Just enough so that it comes together.
The Apple Cider vinegar will help activate the yeast better and make your dough rise quickly. Keeping the dough covered and in a warm and humid place is very important. For best results, I preheat my oven to 400F or 200C and then turn off the oven without letting it cool down. I place my dough in the oven for 1 hour, and after 1 hour, it gets perfectly done and doubles up in size.
So, after my dough doubled up, I rolled it on a floured surface until about 1/2 inch thick on all sides.
I trimmed off the edges to make the perfect rectangle and then placed my apple filling in the center. I rolled my dough and cut out small buns of it.
I baked my Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls for 20 minutes at 350F or 180C.
And after 20 minutes, they were beautifully done to perfection.
I combined Cream Cheese with granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and some apple cider vinegar for the frosting.
I mixed it all up using a handheld mixer and frosted it over my Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls.
So, this is how to make the best Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls.
If you want to make a gluten-free version, then use your favorite gluten-free flour. I have also made this with Almond flour, and it tastes yummy! Apple Cider is very healthy and makes for the perfect dessert ingredient.
Healthy Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls (Buns)
For the Dough
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- ½ teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1¼ cup AP Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Cold Butter cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 3-4 medium sized Red Apples Peeled, Cored and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Apple Cider Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take the yeast in a cup full of lukewarm water. Add granulated sugar and leave it at a warm and humid place to bloom. It will bloom in just 2-3 minutes.
- Combine flour with baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar, and butter chunks. Use a pastry blender or your hands to mix it up until it reaches a coarse mealy consistency.
- Add the Bloomed Yeast along with Vanilla Extract, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Milk. Combien everything and mix to form a soft dough. If your dough is too thin, add more flour, if it's too dry, add more milk. Knead to make a soft dough. Cover and keep in a warm and humid place for 1-2 hours or until the dough doubles up in size.
- Dust up the work surface with flour. Roll the dough until about 1/2 inch thickness on all sides. Trim off the edges until you have a perfect rectangle. Place the Apple Cinnamon Filling in the center and roll the dough. Cut into thin slices and place on a greased baking tray
- Bake your Apple Cider Cinnamon Roll for 20 minutes at 350 F or 180 C
- Combine Cream Cheese with granulated sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and once it's creamy and thick, frost it over the apple cider cinnamon rolls.