Easy 10 minutes Ginger Pineapple Chicken makes for a quick and easy summertime dinner. This flavorful Pineapple Chicken has a hint of ginger to it which makes it all the more delicious and amazing.
Summers are here, and it's the best time to make some pineapple chicken. Pineapple Chicken is a very tropical chicken recipe that is popularly known as Hawaiian Chicken.
However, to give it my twist and to crank up the flavors a notch higher, I have used a bit different sauce to flavor the chicken, and of course, the added burst of ginger makes it all the more delicious and fun.
Ingredients needed to make Ginger Pineapple Chicken
You will need these ingredients to make this healthy Pineapple Ginger Chicken recipe.
- Chicken Breasts - I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. You can use boneless chicken thighs as well to make Pineapple Ginger Chicken.
- Olive Oil - to cook the chicken
- Black Peppercorns, Ginger juliennes, Red Pepper flakes - to flavor the oil
- Chopped Pineapple - I use canned pineapple because they are a bit sweeter. If you use freshly chopped Pineapple, remember they might be astringent. You should wash them properly before use and make sure you use a bit of sugar to balance the flavors.
- Red Bell Peppers - I use these because they are sweeter. You can also use Orange Bell Peppers along with veggies like Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Baby Corn, etc.
For Ginger Pineapple Marinade / Sauce
- Pineapple Juice - I use canned Pineapple juice. You can use fresh as well.
- Soy Sauce - I use low-sodium soy sauce to balance the flavors.
- Ketchup - this just enhances the taste of the sauce
- Sweetener - a bit of sweetener is important. You can use any sugar free sweetener or sugar as per your choice.
- Salt & Pepper - to season
- Fresh Greens, Pickled Ginger Juliennes, Toasted Peanuts.
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Ginger Pineapple Chicken recipe
Season the oil with peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and ginger juliennes.
Add the chicken breast chopped into 1" cubes and cook for 8 min over medium low heat.
Add the chopped Pineapple and red bell peppers. Toss to combine.
Add all the ingredients of Ginger Pineapple Marinade and toss to combine. Simmer over low heat to thicken the sauce.
Garnish with toasted peanuts, and fresh greens, and red pepper flakes. Serve over a bed of rice.
How to make Baked Pineapple Chicken?
You can make Baked Ginger Pineapple Chicken as well. Just toast the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until they turn white in a skillet, along with peppercorns, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
Transfer to a sheet pan, pour the ginger pineapple marinade over it, add the veggies, and cook @350F for 10-12 min. Serve with rice, leftover marinade, toasted peanuts and fresh greens.
How to make Slow Cooker Ginger Pineapple Chicken?
You can easily make this Ginger Pineapple Chicken in the slow cooker. Just toast the chicken with Peppercorns, Red Pepper Flakes, and Ginger.
Transfer it to the slow cooker along with pineapple chunks and chopped veggies.
Pour the marinade and slow cook over high heat for 3 hours or over low heat for 6 hours.
Ginger Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Ground Chicken
Instead of using Chicken Breasts, you can use ground chicken as well. You need to cook ground chicken just the same way as you would cook chicken breasts.
Store leftover Ginger Pineapple Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store this for upto a week in the refrigerator.
You can even freeze leftover ginger pineapple chicken in an airtight container or a freezer-friendly bag. Just remember to thaw it overnight and reheat in the oven before serving.
Easy Ginger Pineapple Chicken (just 10 min)
- 1 lbs Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, chopped into 1" chunks
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- ½ inch ginger cut into juliennes
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Chopped Pineapple
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
ginger pineapple marinade
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sugar free sweetener
- ½ teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Peanuts
- Freshly chopped Cilantro
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Add black peppercorns, Red pepper flakes, and ginger juliennes to the oil. As the oil shimmers add the chopped Chicken Breasts to it. Cook over medium low heat for 8 min.
- Add the chopped Pineapple chunks and Red bell peppers. Toss to combine everything. Pour Pineapple Juice, Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Sweetener, Salt, and Pepper to it and cook for 3 to 4 min.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Garnish with toasted peanuts, freshly chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes.