Mandarin Orange and Pomegranate Muffins are made with fresh Mandarin oranges and Pomegranate seeds. These Muffins have a zesty and refreshing flavor to them.
Orange Pomegranate Muffins are one of the best Muffins I have baked in a while. They look so cute and tastes - roll your eyes good! I love baking with Orange. From Orange Cardamom Rolls to Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies to Orange Cardamom Loaf Cake, to Orange Mocha Cake to Delicious Orange bars to Brown Sugar Orange Pop-Tarts to White Chocolate Orange Brownies, I have made almost all Orange Desserts.
However, I've been craving these Pomegranate Orange Muffins for the longest time. Today morning, I thought to bake them for breakfast. Within 15 minutes my Muffins were ready. These Muffins take just 10 minutes to get baked and the preparation takes just 5 minutes. You can imagine how easy this recipe is.
These Mandarin Pomegranate Muffins need just the usual Pantry staple ingredients and get baked in no time. There is such a comforting and fuzzy feeling of happiness when you see that your Muffins are rising in the oven! A weird sense of achievement right 🙂 I know!
With everyone busy baking something or the other in their kitchen these days, I thought, this might be special and also something different. Everyone is baking Orange Cranberry Muffins. Why not! Bake something different.
I love spending time baking Citrus recipes at this time of the year. It feels so refreshing, isn't it!
Mandarin Orange and Pomegranate Muffins have a mixture that is made with juicy Oranges and fresh Pomegranate seeds. If you want you can give it a glaze! However, I thought these were juicy enough and didn't need a glaze. So I skipped it.
Here's how to make these Orange Pomegranate Muffins
- The first step is of course to juice your muffins and seeds your Pomegranate. You can seed Pomegranate easily. Start by chopping off the head. Then cut it in half. And then just get the seeds out and discard the white part.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, mix your wet ingredients - Butter, Brown Sugar, Orange Extract, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, and the Pomegranate seeds. Mix them and keep them aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, along with one Egg. Mix everything until you get a lumpy Batter.
- It is very important that your Batter is Lumpy. Do not overmix your Batter. Muffins bake well when your Batter is lumpy. If your Batter is too runny, add some flour. Of it's too dry add some more Orange Juice.
Bake your muffins at 220 C or 420 F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes reduce the temperature to 120 C or 320 F and bake for another 5 minutes.
Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
So, that's how you make Orange Pomegranate Muffins. Isn't it easy!
The final Part - Tasting!
I know, you would want to know how it tastes! These are so much like Orange Cranberry muffins. The only difference is with the Pomegranates. Pomegranates give a sweet bite to these Orange Muffins. It feels like you are biting into a citrussy world of Oranges and the Pomegranates meet you on the way and give you a friendly hi! Hahaha 🙂 I know right.
So, I am signing Off guys. Be sure to tag me using #recipemagik on Instagram when you make this recipe. I so love to see your posts.
Connect with me!
Connect with me on my Facebook handles. Be sure to follow me so that you can see what Recipe Magik is up to every day. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, share and comment on my posts there 🙂
Also, connect with me on Instagram and tag with #recipemagik if you are making any recipe from this website so that I can have a look at those amazing recipes you are making from my website 🙂
Mandarin Orange and Pomegranate Muffins
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- ½ teaspoon Orange Extract
- ½ Cup Orange Juice freshly squeezed
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Large Egg at room temperature
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 220 C or 420 F and line a Muffin tin with Cupcake liners or brush with oil and keep aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients - Butter, Brown Sugar, Orange Extract, Orange Zest, Orange Juice and Pomegranate Seeds in a Mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and mix everything well, until you get a lumpy batter.
- Bake your Muffins at 220 C or 420 F for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow the Muffins to cool down before you have it.
- The muffin batter should be lumpy. It'll make sure that you have good muffins
- Do not cream the butter as you do for a cake. It's always best to not use a mixer and just whisk your Muffin batter.
- Cool the Muffins before you get them out.
- If you want to make Eggless Orange Pomegranate Muffins, use 1 teaspoon Yogurt and White Vinegar (each) in place of 1 Egg.