Orange Bars are an easy dessert recipe with fresh Mandarin Oranges. A smoothie of Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Yogurt, and Sugar is poured over a shortbread crust and baked until nice and firm Orange Bars come out of the oven. They are further dusted with some powdered sugar and cut into squares. A perfect dessert for anyone who loves Oranges!
Talking about baking with oranges have you tried my Orange Pomegranate Muffins or my Delicious White Chocolate Orange Brownies or my Chocolate Orange Mocha Cake or these Decadent Brown Sugar Glazed Orange Muffins or this appetizing Orange Cardamom Loaf cake with Oil yet? If not, then try them today. They are just too good.
Delicious Orange Bar Recipe
Thinking what is an Ornage Bar? Well its simply an Orange flavored dessert with a rich buttery shortbread crust and a smooth and delicious Orange custard filling on top served as dream Orange squares just like Lemon Squares.
Finally, it's the season of Oranges. Thinking what to do with lot of Oranges? Make some Orange flavored desserts. Did you know that serving Oranges for desserts will simply amaze your guests?
I just love making Orange flavored desserts. You know why? It's because Orange Desserts Recipes has got a citrusy tang to itself. And, you are making a dessert out of it.
If you have a bunch of old oranges and you're thinking can i make this recipe for Orange Bars with old Oranges? Yes of course! All you need is Orange juice and a couple of Old Oranges can be easily used to make a delicious Orange flavored dessert.
Baking with Oranges! Yes please!
As far as I remember, since the time I started baking I had never imagined that Oranges would make such an incredible ingredient and that too for desserts.
I just love baking with fruits. I guess you must have guessed that by now if you are a regular reader of my blog. I remember the first time I baked desserts with fresh Oranges, I was like, wait, can this be so good? And, yes it was.
Dessert recipes with Oranges are simply the best! They are sweet and citrussy! Also unlike Lemons, Oranges are full of juices and makes for a perfect citrus dessert with Orange flavor.
If you find fresh oranges in the farmers market, grab them right away and make this orange dessert. You will NOT regret it.
Why You Will Love these Orange Dream Bars?
- True Orange Bites - Yes! As you bite into them you get a zesty, refreshing orange flavor which feels like small bites of Orange.
- Fresh Orange Dessert Recipe - a classic Orange Square Dessert Recipe made with fresh Oranges is everyone's favorite.
- Orange Juice Dessert Recipe - yes! You need fresh orange Juice to make these dreamy Orange Bars.
- Shortbread Crust - The Buttery shortbread crust does all the magic of making it taste absolutely amazing.
- Ease of making - Basically it's just a two-step recipe. First, you make the base and then you pour the orange filling.
- Blood Orange Recipe dessert - You can use Blood Oranges as well to make these Orange Squares Recipe
Let's talk about the taste
These Orange Bars have a citrusy taste, which is complemented by the crunchy shortbread crust at the base and the powdered sugar on the top.
These Orange Slice Bars taste so delicious that you cannot resist yourself to have just one of these.
This orange Bars recipe uses fresh Orange Juice and Orange Zest which is full of flavors.
These Orange Bars have a nice crusty layer on the outside and the bottom and are soft from the inside. What I love about these Dreamy Orange Bars is the crusty bottom.
It's just so crunchy and yummy!
How to make these Orange Bars: An Overview
To make these orange Bars, the first step is to make the shortbread crust followed by the Orange custard filling.
First, step in the Orange Bars recipe is to make the shortbread crust
- In a mixing bowl add Olive oil, AP Flour, and Granulated Sugar.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and mix this.
- Knead this into a soft dough and press it at the bottom of a 9x9 inch greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake this for 19-20 minutes at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and then get it out.
Step two in recipe for Orange Bars is to make the Orange Bars filling
- Meanwhile prepare for the next step, in a blender take some Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Granulated Sugar, Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Yogurt.
- Blend it into a smooth puree and pour this all over the hot shortbread crust which you've just got out of the oven.
Bake the Orange Squares for 25 min
- Carefully place the baking tray in your oven and
- bake these Orange bars for 25-30 minutes at 350 F or 180 C.
After your Orange Bar has baked, get it out and cool it down completely. If you find that it's still jiggly from the sides, then put it in the freezer for 1-2 hours and then cut it out into squares.
Top with some sieved Granulated sugar and serve.
So, that's how you make these amazing Orange Bars.
Many More Dessert Recipes for Oranges for y'all:
Looking for easy desserts to make with Oranges? Desserts made with Oranges are an absolute delight.
Its the best desserts to make during winter seasons when Oranges are in peak. Thinking to youself, "What Can I do with Lots of oranges"?
The beautiful citrus flavors of Oranges taste amazing when you make desserts with fresh Oranges.
Equally zesty and sweet! So good!
Here are some of the Best Desserts made with Oranges.
- Orange Cardamom Rolls without Yeast
- Chocolate Chunk Orange Cookies
- Orange Pop-Tarts
- Orange Spiced Eggnog Muffins
- Chocolate Orange Mocha Cake
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Mandarin Orange and Pomegranate Muffins
- White Chocolate Orange Brownies
- Brown Sugar Glazed Orange Cranberry Muffins
Can I use Old Oranges to make this?
Yes of course! Thinking what to do with leftover Old Oranges. Simply juice them in a juicer and use it to make these dreamy Orange Bars
How to store Orange Bars?
You can store leftover Orange Bars in the freezer for upto 4 months. Cover individual Orange Squares using a plastic wrap and freeze this in an airtight freezer friendly ziplock bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
How long with Orange Bars last in fridge?
You can store leftover Orange Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week.
Are these Orange Bars like Lemon Bars?
Yes absolutely! These are exactly like Old Fashioned Lemon Bars just made with Oranges.
Why are my Orange Bars runny?
This is the only problem that you might face in making these Orange Bars. And the only reason is that the crust hasn't been baked properly. If the crust is baked perfectly then your Orange Bars won't be runny or jiggly!
Delicious Orange Bars
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter melted and at room temperature
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
ORANGE SQUARES FILLING
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar or 300gm
- ½ Cup Orange Juice or 285 ml , Freshly squeezed
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest zested from a fresh orange
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 Tablespoon Thick Greek Yogurt can replace with 2 large eggs (kept at room temp)
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar for dusting on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C and line a 9x9" baking tray with parchment paper. Keep Aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust in a large mixing bowl and make a soft dough. Use your hands if you have to OR Dump the ingredients in a large bowl and beat using a stand mixer. Make a soft dough. Transfer this to the baking dish. Press it to the bottom of the pan using the back of a spatula and spread it evenly (flatten it out with the back of a spoon or spatula). Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the orange bars filling. Mix all the ingredients of the filling in a blender and make a smooth and lump free filling. You can even add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat them until combined through. Pour this Orange Squares filling over the crust when it comes out from the oven. Keep in mind that you should pour it over the crust when it's hot.
- Bake for additional 25 minutes or until the top is set.
- Cool for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. Sift powdered sugar over the top of the bars. Cut it out in small bars and before serving