Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with chocolate chips, brown sugar, brown butter and sprinkled with sea salt.
These are the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies you'll ever have.
It takes just 15 minutes to make these Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch.
These can be made and stored for a long time. Although it never lasts more than an hour in my home 🙂
For a Healthier Version try: Almond Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (Gluten-Free | Vegan)
This cold and cozy day got me thinking about what is that one thing which is enough to get me out of my bed, and instantly the thought of soft and giant Chocolate Chips Cookies came to my mind.
I truly feel that there can be never any cookie that is just too large. I love Giant cookies! And especially on a cold day, this is exactly what I need!
Now, there can never be a day when you are bored of chocolate chip cookies. So here are some variations that I am sure you'll love ❤️
- Snowball Chocolate Chip Cookies - Perfect for Holidays 🎄🎅
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - Perfect for fall 🍁🍂
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies - Perfect all year round 🍌🍫
- Carrot Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies - Perfect for Easter and Spring 🐣🌸
Ingredients needed to Make Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- AP Flour - Can replace with Coconut Flour or Almond Flour for GF Version
- Baking Powder - Just a pinch to help leavening.
- Salt - Of course, that's what makes this so good.
- Browned Butter - I have used regular butter which I have browned in a pan and then used it.
- Milk - This is required to mix everything together in the cookie dough.
- Eggs - Eggs help chocolate chip cookies get a rich and chewy texture.
- Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chip - You can use any brand of Unsweetened dark chocolate chips to use in your cookies.
- Vanilla - Of course, for that festive taste.
- Sea Salt - Lastly a generous sprinkle of Sea Salt for that extra burst of flavors.
How to make Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch?
- STEP 1: MAKE BROWN BUTTER
Make Browned Butter by heating butter in a pan. As the butter melts, whisk constantly. It'll start to bubble and slowly change color to light brown. That's the time to remove this off the heat. It's best advised to do this step in a stainless steel skillet or a light-colored skillet as that will help you know the color change instantly. After you've made the browned butter, cool it down to room temperature before using it.
- STEP 2: WHISK DRY INGREDIENTS
Whisk the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt in a bowl.
- STEP 3: MIX WET INGREDIENTS
Mix the wet ingredients - Browned Butter, Milk, Brown Sugar, and Granulated Sugar using a whisk or a stand mixer or handheld mixer just until it gets creamy.
- STEP 4: COMBINE WET AND DRY INGREDIENT
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Just fold with a spatula. You do not have to use any mixer for this step.
- STEP 5: ADD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Now, finally, add the Chocolate Chips. I use Unsweetened dark chocolate chips which I fold in with my cookie dough. There is no limit to the number of Chocolate chips. You can use as much as you want.
- CHILL THE DOUGH
After you've made the cookie dough, allow it to rest covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour or 30 minutes in the freezer. You can also store it overnight and use it the next day. This is extremely important and doing this will remove the excess moisture from the cookies and they will not flatten out in the oven.
- STEP 5: MAKE COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
Scoop just 1/4 cup size of the cookie dough ball and place them in the baking dish. Do not flatten them out.
- STEP 6: BAKE
Bake these Brown Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies for 11-12 minutes.
After the cookies get baked, you should allow them to stay in the same baking dish for 5-10 more minutes. They might look undone from the top, but just give it some time. It will harden up quickly from the cold air outside and will be perfect for each.
Drizzle some sea salt over the cookies and serve!
How to make Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies ahead of time?
You can make the cookie dough, just skip the milk. Keep it covered in the freezer. You can store this cookie dough for up to 3 months or refrigerate it for 2 weeks. Before reuse, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then combine the milk, and then use it.
Tips to make the best Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- If your cookie dough is too soft, add more flour.
- If your Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is too dry, add more milk.
- You can add Eggs if you want.
- You should consider making the Brown Butter in a stainless steel skillet or a light-colored skillet so that you can see the change of color instantly and not burn your butter.
These Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are just so amazing. You will want to double up the recipe and that's exactly what I would do any day! These are just so good and tasty!!!
Here's the video to Make Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Whole Milk can replace with 2% milk or almond milk
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt for garnish
- Make Browned Butter by melting Butter in a pan. As the butter melts, whisk with a balloon whisk. It will start to bubble and after 1 minute it will change color to brown. The moment it gets light brown, take it off the heat and allow it to cool down in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now, mix the wet ingredients - milk, browned butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla in a bowl using a wire whisk or a handheld mixer until combined.
- Now, simply fold the dry ingredients into the wet sugar and butter mixture. Add the Chocolate Chips and mix everything. Do not overmix. Just mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Line a cookie baking dish with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of cookie dough ball and place in a lined baking dish. Bake for 11-12 minutes. After they get baked, allow them to stay in the hot pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to the wire rack for further cooling
- Sprinkle some Sea Salt and Serve.