Tasty Pretzel Bites Recipe - is an appetizer that is perfect for game night or a lazy afternoon when you are feeling like munching on some light snack. This is also a classic bite-sized appetizer for all parties.
Are you just tired of those long recipes where you have to do this and that and then again this and again that? Well, me too! Gosh, they are so long and so tiring.
Sometimes all I want to do is just make something light. Something very easy. Something Super tasty. And, what could be better than these cute little pretzel bites. right? Have you got anything in mind which is a combination of all these three? Comment below and let me know. My lazy self will be sending you loads of love from here! I am a super lazy person. And, I get tired very easily. So, every time I make something I prefer to keep it simple. Keep it easy. That's my motto.
Even if you are a new baker and you are apprehensive about using yeast, just trust me and follow this recipe. Your pretzel bites will surely be mouthwatering. You can make these pretzel bites for your wife and surprise her. Or you can make this for your parents and make them feel proud of you.
I think this recipe is totally something that you can work on alone all by yourself. Or suppose there is no one at home and you are feeling bored with watching TV for a long long time. And you are also feeling hungry. Make these pretzels. You can relax your back after watching TV for so long and prepare a tasty snack for yourself.
Tasty Homemade Pretzel Bites
First, check the fridge if you got these ingredients.
Have you got Dry Active Yeast or Instant Yeast with you? Both will work. If using Instant yeast then it's easier. Just mix it with salt and sugar and knead it with flour. If you are using Dry Active Yeast then soak it in warm water for 5 minutes and then add sugar and salt. And, then make a dough. I have used dry active yeast to make my pretzels. And, they look good. Don't they?
You must definitely be having salt and sugar. So, you can check it off your list.
Next, we'll need All-Purpose Flour. If you want a better and breadier consistency then go for bread flour. With these ingredients, your pretzel dough will be ready.
Next, we need to prepare a baking soda bath. So you got to have baking soda at home. If you don't have baking soda, then you must have baking powder. But make sure you use twice the quantity of baking powder. And, you'll be good to go.
Finally, you'll need one egg to make an egg wash for your pretzel. Lastly, just melted butter for the final step.
Making them is so easy that you'd be literally laughing on the recipe. It's simply nothing. You can call it a child's play.
Are you new with yeast? Don't worry! You'll Be Fine. I did it too. This was my first time, believe it or not.
All we do is just make a dough with warm water, yeast, salt, and granulated sugar. Once our dough is ready we cut it into large pieces. Further, we take each large piece and roll them into small pretzel bites. I know you are getting all confused. But, don't worry. Once you see the video (attached below) or the recipe, you'll learn how to make it.
Pretzel Bites are something that I make so often. And, I thought, I might as well share it with you guys.
And, what on Earth is better than an easy recipe which tastes awesome?
What Do they taste like?
Well, as you can imagine. They are soft on the inside. They have a chewy texture. Golden brown crusty, salty top with soft interiors. As you dip them in a homemade cheese sauce, they get coated with the thick, cheesy sauce and creates a blast of taste in your mouth. You feel the cheesy sauce penetrating the pretzels and making them taste better.
How to Make Soft & Tasty Pretzel Bites at home? (Overview)
Since I am using Active Dry Yeast, therefore it is important that I dissolve it in water for some time. I am gonna use warm water for this process. After about 5 minutes my yeast is ready for use.
Once my yeast is ready, I throw in salt and sugar and I mix it well.
Then I make a soft dough with this yeast mixture and shape it into one big log. Then I cut the log-shaped dough into eight equal parts. Now, I roll out each of these parts into another log. And cut out small pieces from it. I repeat this until I get small bite-sized pretzels.
After that is done, I prefer making them go through a baking soda bath. So, in a pan of boiling water add your pretzel bites and place them for just 30 seconds.
Then apply some egg wash and place them on the silicon mat. Sprinkle some salt. (Or Some Cinnamon & Sugar if you want to make a cinnamon sugar pretzel bite). Bake until golden brown on the top. It took me 10-12 minutes to get them baked. Also, turn your oven to broil mode and broil them for 2 more minutes just to get that golden brown top if you want. Once done, apply some melted butter on them and enjoy some cheese sauce.
How to Make the Cheese Sauce for Pretzel Bites at home?
- In a pan heat some milk
- In another pan melt some butter and add butter. Once the butter starts browning add in the bubbling milk and stirs well.
- Whisk in Cheddar cheese and your homemade cheese sauce is ready.
How Do You Store Pretzel Bites?
- To Store them, keep them in an airtight container. They will be edible for up to 3 days.
- You can also freeze them for 3-4 days and thaw it and then heat it through before eating.
Tasty Pretzel Bites Recipe
- 1⅓ Cup Warm Water
- 2¼ Teaspoon Dry Active Yeast
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour or Bread Flour
- ⅓ Cup Baking Soda for boiling water
- 1 large Egg (whisked)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
Homemade Cheese Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- 10 Ounce Cheddar Cheese (grated) 280g or 1/2 lb
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or 220 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and set aside.
- Take a small bowl. Add Some warm Water and Yeast. Let it rest for 5 minutes so that it gets activated. After five minutes add salt and sugar. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, pour in flour. Add the yeast mixture that you just prepared and make a dough. You can use a bread hook or a food processor and just your hands to make the dough.
- First shape the dough in the form of a log. Cut out equal parts of eight sections from the log. Roll each part about 15 to 20 inches long with about 1-inch thickness. Use your scissors to cut out 2-inch pieces. You'll get about 30 pretzels. (optional) Cut an "X" or "+" sign on the top of the pretzels.
- In a small pan, bring about 5 cups of water to boil. Once the water is boiling add about 1/3 cup baking soda. Place about 10 pieces of dough into the water and place for not more than 30-seconds. Use a slotted spoon to get them out and place them on the silicone mat. Brush egg wash and sprinkle salt over them.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Turn the oven to broil mode for the last two minutes for a perfect golden brown top. Transfer them to a cooling rack and brush melted butter over them. Serve with homemade cheese sauce.
Making Homemade Cheese Sauce
- In a small pan bring milk to boil.
- Melt butter and add flour. Stir well.
- Once the flour is cooked, add milk and stir well. Whisk in cheese and your cheese sauce is ready.
Ask Me Anything