Spring Rolls Recipe - Wondering How to Make Spring Roll at home? I will teach you an easy Veg Spring Rolls recipe that you can make in less than 30-minutes. Chinese Vegetable Spring Rolls or Vegetable Spring Rolls is an easy Indian snack that is best enjoyed with some hot tea.
Spring Rolls Recipe
If you need to get to the recipe asap, click on the jump to recipe button above, or if you want Spring Rolls Recipe video then click on Jump to Video button.
I have always loved Spring Rolls. And, I think Veg Spring Rolls Recipe is not rocket science. It's pretty darn easy. All we are doing is taking Spring roll Sheets which are also called Spring roll Wrappers and then wrapping them with a filling and finally just deep-frying these in hot oil until they get crispy on the outside.
This is basically an Indo-Chinese recipe that has become widely popular all over the world. People Love Veg Spring Rolls for their crispy texture, snacky taste, and tasty filling.
Chinese Vegetable Spring Rolls
To Make Crispy and flaky Spring Rolls I have used Store-Bought Spring Roll Sheets. There are various Sheets available in the market. Some are made using Rice Flour, while some are made with Whole Wheat Flour (maida). I generally prefer the ones made with Whole Wheat Flour so that my Spring rolls turn out flaky and crispy.
You can also use Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers. But, the ones bought from the store are made in the machine and are crispier and flakier than what you'll be making at home.
How to Make Vegetable Spring Rolls?
Vegetable Spring Rolls or Veg Roll with Spring Roll Sheets is a recipe that you are gonna learn in a minute. It's simply the easiest snack that you are ever gonna be making.
So, first of all, we are going to make the filling for Spring Rolls.
Step 1: Stir fry Veggies
In the first step of the recipe, we are gonna be stir-frying the veggies. I have used shredded Cabbage, Grated Carrots, and thinly sliced Bell pepper (Capsicum). Make sure that you do not fry much so that the veggies retain their crunch.
Step 2: Add Ginger Garlic Paste
In the second step, we are going to add some ginger garlic paste. You can also add freshly chopped ginger and minced garlic. Adding Ginger and Garlic adds a kick to the recipe.
Step 3: Add Black Pepper
Next, we are going to add some Black Pepper Powder. Black Pepper has a sharp spice taste and therefore it will add an edge to our homemade Spring roll recipe.
Step 4: Add Soy Sauce
I prefer dark Soy Sauce for that sharp taste. You can also use Light Soy Sauce. Basically, the idea behind using Soy Sauce is to add that salty touch to the Veggies and also to accentuate other flavors.
Step 5: Add Vinegar to the filling
The acidity and sourness of Vinegar will highlight other flavors of the Spring Roll filling making it taste richer.
Step 6: Add Sriracha or Szechuan Sauce to the filling
Sriracha adds that spicy touch to the filling making it taste really good. if you don't have Sriracha you can use Szechuan Sauce in its place.
Step 7: Saute the Filling
The next thing that we are going to do is sauteing the filling. As you can see, I haven't added any extra salt, this is because Soy Sauce contains added salt. And, I do not want the filling to be too salty. Secondly, just saute this for a couple of minutes. Do not over cook.
Step 8: Add Noodles
Right now we are gonna be adding Noodles to the filling. As you can guess, the Noodles have been pre-cooked as per package directions. If you want, you can skip Noodles. But, I love Spring Rolls Recipe with Noodles.
Now once you've made the filling, make sure you cool it down completely before making your Spring rolls.
Step 9: Thaw Spring Roll Wrappers
If you are using Store-bought Spring roll wrappers like me, then first you need to thaw it at room temperature for 20-minutes.
How to Roll Spring Rolls Tight?
Here I will teach you how to roll spring rolls tight. You can also see the video and learn how to roll spring rolls.
Step 1: Adding the filling
Now we are going to add the filling to our Spring Roll Wrappers. Make sure you place the filling close to the end of the sheet. Do not place the filling right at the center. Then roll from the end.
Step 2: Roll Spring Rolls
Just keep rolling the Spring Roll Wrapper from the end closer to the filling. Come near the other end and stop when you have a gap of about 1-finger.
Step 3: Brush flour and water mixture to Seal the Spring rolls
Now I had already made a mixture of flour and water. I recommend you do the same. Then just seal the spring rolls after brushing this mixture on the edges.
Step 4: Frying Veg Spring Rolls
Next, we need to deep fry our Chinese Vegetarian Spring rolls. For that heat a deep pan with some oil. As the oil gets hot place the Spring roll carefully and fry them until crispy and lightly golden brown on both sides.
Step 5: Serve
Finally, just cut your Spring roll from the center and serve with Cilantro Mint Chutney (Dhaniya Pudina Chutney) or Tomato Ketchup.
Tips to Make Crispy Spring Rolls Recipe:
Before you jump right in, I would like to share some tips that will help you make crispy Spring rolls.
- Stir Fry your veggies on high heat. The veggies will release water. And if you saute them on high heat the water will get evaporated. Hence making it easier for you to make the filling.
- Adding noodles is completely optional. You can add or not add noodles. The choice is yours. But, I prefer Spring rolls with noodles, since that is how I've had it before.
- Use Store-Bought Spring Roll Wrappers: I prefer store-bought spring roll wrappers because they are so thin and are made in a machine. Therefore it makes crispier and flakier spring rolls.
- Thaw Your Spring Roll Wrappers: Make sure you thaw your Spring roll wrappers before you use them in the recipe. Or else you won't be able to work with them at all.
- Never Bake your Spring rolls if you are using Store-Bought Spring roll wrappers. If you can make Homemade Spring roll wrappers then you can bake them. But, do not bake spring rolls that are made out of Store-bought Spring roll sheets.
- Never add hot filling to Spring roll sheets. The wrapper is so thin and delicate that it will become soggy.
- Cook your filling until it is completely dry. You do not want a wet filling. The Wet filling makes soggy spring rolls.
- Cut Vegetables Thinly: The thinner you cut your veggies the easier it will be for you to wrap. And also they'll be a lot crunchier.
What Kind of Spring Roll Wrapper you Should Buy?
Before I tell you what you should buy, I am gonna tell you what you should not buy.
- Never Buy Rice Paper: Rice Paper is different from Spring Roll wrappers. Rice paper is made out of rice flour They need to be soaked in water before frying.
- Never Use Egg Roll Wrappers: Even if you think it's going to be ok. I am telling you it is going to be not ok. Egg roll wrappers are not as thin as Spring roll wrappers.
- Do Not Overfill the Spring rolls: Overfilling the Spring rolls is a recipe for disaster. You just don't want a spring roll that bursts open in hot oil.
Here's the video for Easy and Quick Spring Roll Recipe
If you are making this recipe then please leave a rating below. Take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik.
Spring Rolls Recipe
- 5 Cups Cabbage shredded
- 2 Medium Carrots grated
- 2 Medium Bell Peppers (Capsicum) thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste or 5-6 cloves of minced garlic and 1 inch of finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper Powder or crushed Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce or Soya Sauce
- 4 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha or Szechuan Sauce
- 4 Cups Cooked Noodles about 2 noodle cakes
For Spring Rolls
- 20 Pieces Spring Roll Wrappers frozen
- Canola Oil or vegetable Oil for frying
- Cook Noodles: Take a Pack of Noodles and cook as per package directions. Saute veggies: In a pan heat some canola oil or vegetable oil. As the oil gets hot add shredded cabbage, grated carrots, and thinly sliced bell pepper (capsicum).Add Other Ingredients: Add Ginger Garlic Paste, Black Pepper Powder, Soy Sauce, and Vinegar. Stir well to combine.
- Combine Noodles: Add Noodles and Cook until the filling becomes completely dry.Cooldown the Filling: Cooldown the filling completely before making the spring rolls.
- Mix Flour and water: Mix flour and water. Stir well and make a paste.Wrap Spring Rolls: Lay out your Spring roll wrapper. Place the filling towards one end. Start rolling from that end. Before closing up, brush some flour and water mixture on the edge of the sheet. Then close it up tightly. Fold from the sides and brush some flour, water mixture to seal it up tightly.
- Deep Fry Spring Rolls: Finally, heat about 3-inches of oil in a deep pan or dutch oven. Add Spring rolls one or two at a time. Deep fry on high heat until golden brown and crispy on the outside. (2-3 minutes).
Ask Me Anything