Simple Fusilli Pasta with the sweetness of fresh basils and cheesy Parmesan this recipe is SO GOOD! The Best part is that you need just six basic ingredients for this- Fresh Basils, Parmesan Cheese, Fusilli Pasta, Tomatoes, Onions, and Garlic. You can jump to the recipe right away. A few days back, I made this - Creamy One Pot Red Sauce Pasta that I'm sure you would like.
Simple Fusilli Pasta Recipe
Fusilli Pasta is one of my favorite kind of pasta. I love the spiral structure. In fact, my kids love this too. Therefore in my home, Fusili Pasta is a common affair. But, the thing is kids don't like the same thing again and again. No matter how, but we have to include some change, some variety, some creativity so that they start liking it.
One such recipe which my kids love a lot is this Creamy Cheesy Fusilli Pasta. An exceptionally easy recipe that needs no hard work at all.
How to Make Cheesy Fusilli Pasta
- First, we need to boil or fusilli pasta in water. And in the meantime, we cut onions, garlic, and fresh basils.
- Next, we'll have to make tomato Concassé. If you have a canned version of this at home, then that's awesome. I didn't have it, so I made it. So, this is how you make tomato Concassé - we take two medium-sized tomatoes and let them boil in a bowl of water for some time. You can also put it in the microwave oven and let it boil for approximately 7-8 minutes.
- When our tomatoes are done. We replace the hot water with cold water and peel of the skin of tomatoes. Then we cut our tomatoes in small diced pieces. This is how we make tomato Concassé.
- We put some vegetable oil/olive oil in the pan and saute our onions until lightly brown. Then we add chopped garlic and fresh basils into it.
- Now we add our fresh tomato Concassé and stir it just enough. Now add your boiled pasta and mix well.
- Finally, add a cup of heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- At last season it with some salt, pepper, Hungarian hot paprika or cayenne pepper (In case hot pepper is not available), Red Chilli Flakes, Crushed Sweet Basil leaves, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and some more fresh whole basil leaves.
Let's Talk about Taste
Taste-wise this simple fusilli pasta recipe is true-blue Italian. The combination of Garlic along with basil and tomato Concassé gives it a balance of sweet and spice. The sweet basil leaves with spicy garlic combine with the sour tomatoes to make a beautiful combination. Moreover, when you add grated Parmigiano Reggiano you make it so cheesy and closer to that authentic Italian taste which we all look for in our pasta.
Kids are going to love this cheesy creamy fusilli pasta. In fact, you are gonna love it a lot. After all, its that kind of a recipe where the taste cures your bad mood.
What I love most about this recipe is how easily and how quickly I can make it. Seriously, if you think what is time taking about this recipe? Boiling Pasta - Max (5-Minutes), Chopping Onions and Garlic (Max - 3 minutes) Boiling Tomatoes (Max - 5-Minutes). The best part is that you can do all these three things together.
Then it's just sauteing the onions, adding the basils, the garlic, the tomatoes, and the seasonings. This would take another 2-3 minutes. So, in just 8-9 minutes or ok! at the max 10 minutes your pasta is ready! Imagine, just 10 minutes to make this true-blue cheesy creamy simple Fusilli Pasta. Amazing right?
Now, enough talking, let's check out the printable recipe for this pasta right here.
Simple Fusilli Pasta Recipe
- 2 Cup Fusilli Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium-sized Onion chopped
- ¼ Cup Tomato Concassé
- ¼ Cup Whole Fresh Basil Leaves
- 10 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Hungarian Hot Paprika or cayenne pepper powder
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chili Flakes or Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Sweet Basil Leaves
- Boil Fusilli Pasta in a bowl having some water. Add some salt and vegetable oil to speed up the process.
- Chop Onions, Garlic, whole basil leaves. Saute them in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until the onions are slightly brown. Add tomato Concassé and stir well for few minutes. (If you don't have canned tomato Concassé then you can boil two large tomatoes in a bowl filled with water. You can even boil it in your microwave oven. Now, replace the boiling hot water with cold water. Peel the tomato skin and chop your tomatoes into small pieces.)
- Add Salt, Black Pepper powder, Hungarian Hot Pepper, and your boiled fusilli pasta. Mix well.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and Heavy Whipping Cream. Stir well for about 30-seconds. Take it out on a plate. Garnish it with some crushed sweet basil leaves, Whole Fresh Basil Leaves, Parmesan cheese (grated and whole) and some dried Red Chili Flakes or dried Red Pepper Flakes.