Carrot Cake Truffles - Small carrot cake balls wrapped in white chocolate and glazed with orange candy melts makes for a tasty bite-sized Easter dessert.
Other Carrot Cake Recipes to try:
Carrot Cake Truffles
These small cake balls are a proven recipe that can cheer us up no matter how gloomy or dull our day might be.
Many people call this carrot cake balls. No matter what you name them, there is something mesmerizing, magical and unbelievably tasty about them.
If you have made Carrot Cakes before then this recipe will make you get the best out of your carrot cake. After all, who in this world doesn't like carrot cake? In fact, what is there to not like about it.
The flavorful bite of carrot, the cream cheese frosting, cakey texture! Umm... SOO GOOD. It's so much carrot and so little of everything else.
So, how to make these Carrot Cake Truffles?
Well, we start by making a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Once our cake is ready and our frosting is done. We crumble the cake and make small carrot cake balls. We use a little cream cheese frosting for the balls to stick to each other.
Sometimes it is so dry that it will not form a proper ball. So we use some more cream cheese and make a perfect ball. Don't use too much cream cheese frosting to make a wet cake ball. We refrigerate our cake balls for about an hour or two in the fridge.
We melt white chocolate or white candy melts in a non-stick pan or in a microwave oven. We coat our cake balls in white chocolate.
Now we will keep this in the fridge for some more time so that the white chocolate coating is well set. In a separate bowl, we melt orange candy melts and use a piping bag or spoon to drizzle it over our white chocolate coated carrot cake truffles.
Yes! It's just that easy.
Other variations of this Recipe?
- Pineapples - Whether you add pineapples to your carrot cake or your cream cheese frosting, it's an excellent choice. Because the sweet and sour taste of pineapples will give your carrot cake a fantastic taste.
- Walnuts - Many people use walnuts to decorate their white chocolate-covered carrot cake balls. It gives it a nice nutty texture and taste.
- Pecans - If you don't have walnuts you can use pecans to decorate your carrot cake truffles. It would taste equally amazing.
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Truffles - To Make this recipe gluten-free you can use coconut flour and coconut oil. It will also add a nutty taste to your truffles.
Some Important Tips for Carrot Cake Truffles
- Do not add too many spices for your carrot cake. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and some ground cloves (if you need it to be a little spicier).
- Do not use too much cream cheese to make your cake balls or else it will be too wet and won't form good balls.
- Do not work with too cold cake balls. Let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes and then work with it.
Now, let's see the Printable Recipe for Carrot cake Truffles below.
Carrot Cake Truffles
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ½ Cup Carrots Grated
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple Juice
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup White Chocolate melted
- 1 Bag Orange Candy Melts
- ⅐ Cup Walnuts
- First cream unsalted butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence. Beat well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and a pinch of salt in the batter.
- Add grated carrot and mix well. Transfer this into a well-greased and lined cake pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- In the meantime make the cream cheese frosting. Fo that mix cream cheese, pineapple juice, and granulated sugar. Beat at high speed until even, smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides.
- When the cake is baked, allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes. Then slather the cream cheese frosting all over the cake.
- Now crumble the cake and make small balls taking the help of cream cheese frosting, in case it is getting too dry. Your cake balls should not be too wet as well. Keep it in the fridge for an hour or two.
- In the meantime, melt white chocolate and some butter over a non-stick pan or in a microwave oven. If you are using a microwave oven then keep stirring at every 30-second interval.
- Coat your cake balls in white chocolate. And let them sit in the fridge for a while. Melt orange candy melts and put it in a piping bag or use a spoon to drizzle it all over the truffles. You can add some pecans or walnuts or almonds at this point in time. Then, Enjoy!