Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip with Spiced Nuts is a quick fall dessert dip recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving or other dinner parties. This quick and easy Dip takes less than 15-min to make and is so delicious. The Nuts - Cashews, Pecans, Walnuts, and Almonds are spiced and toasty. These are combined with a super quick Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip, made with Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Cream Cheese, Brown Sugar, Sour Cream, Vanilla, and some Fall spices. All of these are beaten and then combined with some cool-whip and the spiced nuts! Yummm!
Hey friends! Today I am back with a unique fall dip recipe for you guys. Today's recipe is something that is totally different and unique for you. But trust me, you know the flavors and you will love this one!
This Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip is perfect for Thanksgiving or Holiday dinner parties or even for Potlucks. This delicious dip is also one of my favorite Game Day recipes.
This recipe can be made with Pumpkin. I love Pumpkin recipes, but just for a twist of taste, I tried this recipe with Sweet Potatoes and it turned out to be so good.
Sweet Potato gives this dish a dense taste, but this is so moist and creamy. Just what you expect out of a creamy cheesecake dip.
Ingredients I have used to make this recipe
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
How to make Spiced Nuts Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip
First, you will have to make the Spiced Nuts. You can learn to make the Spiced Nuts here. It's really simple and easy and makes for a great snack in itself.
Second - The next step is to beat the heavy cream until we get stiff peaks. If you have store-bought Cool whip with yourself, go ahead and skip this step.
Third - Mash The Sweet Potatoes. You can learn how to make Mashed Sweet Potatoes here. All you got to do is peel and chop the Sweet Potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and then put them in a pot with some salt and then cover cook for 15 minutes over low flame. After 15 minutes, drain the water and mash the sweet potatoes using a fork, until it gets smooth. Add a splash of milk or heavy cream to make it creamier.
Fourth - Now, in a mixing bowl, take some Cream Cheese which is at room temperature. Beat it for just 1 minute over low speed until it gets creamy. Next, add the Mashed Sweet Potato, Sour Cream, Pure Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar, and the Fall SPices - Ground Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, and Grated Nutmeg to this. Beat everything for just 30 minutes so that they get combined. Remember to never overmix at this stage. The Dip should be thick. Overmixing will make it runny.
Fifth - Now, add the whipped cream and fold it gently with the rest of the cream cheese filling. Once it gets combined, add the Spiced Nuts and fold them in gently in your dip.
I love to serve these with Ginger Molasses cookies or Brown Butter Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. You can serve these with any cookies you love - Gingersnaps, Crackers, Pretzels, etc.
Can I Make this without a Cool Whip?
Of course, you can. However, to adjust the sweetness, you will need to add about 1/2 cup of Granulated sugar along with the brown sugar for better flavors. Add the Granulated sugar along with the Brown Sugar and beat everything together.
Can I make this with Pumpkin?
Of course, you can. Replace the Mashed Sweet Potatoes with 1 can of Pumpkin Puree. (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
Can I replace the spices?
I don't recommend replacing the spices as the flavors are in the spices. However, if you have to, you can replace all of the spices with Pumpkin pie spice. Or if you don't have that, you can just use ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg. However you might want to double the number of spices since you're not using any ginger or cloves and without those, your dip might be bland. So, adjust the spices as per your taste.
I hope you like this recipe and make it. If you try this recipe, then comment below and provide a rating to this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Spiced Nuts Sweet Potato Cheesecake Dip
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream or 2 tablespoon of Cool Whip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Package
- 2 teaspoon Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 15 oz Mashed Sweet Potatoes 425gm (3 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped, cooked, and mashed)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Spiced Nuts see notes below*
- Learn how to make Spiced Nuts here.
- Peel and chop the Sweet Potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Put them in a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt and cover cook for 15 minutes over low flame. Once its cooked, drain the water and mash the sweet potatoes using a fork. If it's too lumpy, add a splash of milk and then mash it until it gets smooth.
- If you're using store-bought cool-whip, you can skip this step. If not, take 1/4 cup Heavy Cream in a bowl and whip over high speed using a handheld mixer until you get stiff peaks. You can also do this in your stand mixer. Take the whipped cream out and keep aside.
- Now, coming to the most important part of this recipe - The Sweet Potato Cheesecake Filling. For this, take a pack of Cream Cheese in a bowl. Beat it at medium speed for about 1 min, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer until it gets creamy. Next, add the Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sour Cream, Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar, and the Spices - Ground Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, grated Nutmeg and salt to this and beat at medium speed for 1 min or until everything gets combined. Do not overmix as it might get runny.
- Now, add the Whipped Cream or Cool Whip over this Sweet Potato Cheesecake mix. Gently Fold it until it gets combined.
- Fold in the Spiced Nuts and Serve with your favorite Cookies.