Oven-Baked Chicken and Rice - Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts cooked with buttery, garlicky, fluffy long grain basmati rice is a true delight. I have been making this recipe for so long. In fact, I am sure that you have already made this before. But, the ease of making and the comforting taste of Chicken & Rice does all the magic.
Juicy, Tender Chicken paired with Garlic Butter Basmati rice is simply the best thing on earth. I mean you can scour the internet for hours and hours but you won't find a single recipe that is as comforting as Oven Baked Chicken and Rice.
Baked Chicken and Rice is a recipe that you are bound to fall in love with. And, I guess, you love this already!
Why I LOVE this recipe:
- Comforting: Rice and Chicken are true comfort food.
- Easy to Make: Seriously there cannot be any recipe easier than this.
- One Pan Dinner: The last thing we want is to clean a stack of plates just after we've had such an amazing dinner. With this One Pan dinner, your work is completely sorted.
- It's Chicken & Rice: And, lastly, It's Chicken and Rice. Something that can never go out of style.
So, when you cook this easy peasy Oven Baked Chicken and Rice what you get is juicy chicken paired with buttery garlicky rice which is so so so tasty.
What You'll Need for this Baked Chicken and Rice Recipe:
- Chicken - You can use Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts. I have used Chicken Breasts.
- Seasoning - Dried Parsley, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, and Olive Oil.
- Butter, Onions, Garlic
- Hot Boiling Water
- Long Grain Basmati Rice
How Do You Make Chicken and Rice in the Oven
STEP 1: SEASON CHICKEN
The first step of the recipe is to Season your chicken with Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Dried Parsley, and Olive Oil. Coat both sides of the chicken with Seasoning.
STEP 2: BAKE
Take a Baking Dish and add a knob of butter. Into this add chopped Onions, minced Garlic, hot boiling water, Uncooked Rice, and Seasoned Chicken Pieces. Bake at 350F for 50-minutes.
STEP 3: SERVE
Finally, Serve your Oven Baked Chicken and Rice with some chopped parsley, and make sure you fluff the rice before serving.
Tips to Make the Best Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
- Use Boiling Hot Water and Not Regular Water. Hot water helps cook the chicken faster.
- You can add extra veggies such as chopped carrots and bell pepper.
- Instead of Jasmine rice try using long grain basmati rice. It has the best flavors.
- You can also add some sauteed Garlic Butter mushrooms for more flavors.
- You can use Bone-In Chicken thighs. They take the same time with rice. And, if you are using bone-in chicken then you can be sure that your chicken is going to be extra juicy.
if you are making this recipe then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
For the Chicken
- 2 medium sized Chicken Breasts can use Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
For the Rice
- 2 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Hot Boiling Water or Hot Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Basmati Rice Uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Season the Chicken pieces with Olive Oil, Dried Parsley, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Salt & Pepper
- In a baking dish, place a slice of butter, chopped onions, minced garlic, hot boiling water, uncooked rice, and seasoned chicken pieces in the baking dish. Bake the Chicken and Rice @ 350F (or 180C) for 50 minutes.
- After it gets baked, get the Chicken pieces off the dish. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve with the Chicken. You can also serve this with a quick sauce of your choice.
Ask Me Anything