Cheesy corn Fritters - your ultimate Summer Snacks that are sweet, flavorful, cheesy, and lip-smackingly delicious. You can make these fritters with both frozen corn kernels or fresh.
Cheesy Corn Fritters
When I think of hot and sultry summer months I cannot ignore fresh corns. In fact, to be honest with you, I always keep a pack of frozen corn kernels just beside frozen peas in my freezer. So that I can add them wherever I want and have then whenever I want. Such as this Lo-Mein Noodles where the corn adds a nice sweet element in an otherwise spicy Asian recipe. I think this juicy and flavorful corn kernel brings in a tasty bite in our recipes. However, today we wanted to make this summer produce a superstar of a recipe. So I decided to make these cheesy corn fritters.
After you guys loved my last Vegan carrot and Potato fritter recipe, I was so overwhelmed with the response that I wanted to share more and more fritter recipe with you all. And, therefore today is a day when I am bringing you another flavorful, easy, cheesy and extraordinarily delicious Corn fritters recipe.
Why Should you Make this Recipe?
- Easy to Make
- Perfect snacks for lazy summer evenings
- So cheesy, So corny!
Let's Talk Ingredients
In this recipe, my favorite ingredient was the corn kernels. Adding them into my fritter batter brought in a delightful bright yellow color that looked so appetizing.
I haven't used eggs for my recipe but I have used some lime juice so that my baking powder reacts with the liquid and helps in leavening. If you want you can add one egg into the mix. It will taste really good.
I have also added some shredded Monterey Jack Cheese since I wanted my corn fritters to be sort of cheesy.
Another favorite Ingredient of mine was cilantro. In fact, I have to tell you this. The smell of fresh cilantro is refreshing and magical that I can easily live in a house of cilantro.
To give my fritters a little hint of spice I have added some red chili powder you can add cayenne pepper if you love that heat. I think this heat will balance out the sweetness of the corn kernels.
To bring up the spice I have also added some chopped garlic (not much just 5 cloves).
And finally, when you are mixing your ingredients you'll see a lot of water oozing out. It is from the potatoes and carrots. Therefore to balance that out I have used chickpea flour or garbanzo flour. I really don't like the taste of wheat flour and All-Purpose flour in my fritters. They taste kind of like tortillas. And, therefore I haven't used them.
To bring in an added amount of crunch, I have added 3 Tablespoons of Breadcrumbs. Honestly, I am a big fan of breadcrumbs. I think they help in soaking the moisture and also creates a beautiful crunch on the outer layer of the fritters.
What to serve them with?
You can serve these fritters with sour cream or thick Yogurt. I also prefer having them with sauce.
Is it Possible to Make it in the Oven?
Yes, Absolutely. In fact, when you make it in an oven it will be so much healthier. To make it in an oven you can grease a baking tray with oil/butter and then line it with parchment paper. Now add small discs of fritter batter on the tray leaving at least 1-inch gap between each of them. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
Other Variations of this Recipe
- I have added potatoes and Carrots because I like them. But you can ignore that if you want.
- You can add scallions or green onions because it will create a beautiful green element in your recipe.
- Adding deseeded Jalapeno for your fritters is an excellent idea indeed. It will heat up the flavors and will make it so colorful.
- You can also include some parsley along with cilantro for that added freshness in your fritters.
Is it Possible to Store these Fritters?
Yes, Of course. We can store them. We can keep them in an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. It won't go bad. However, please warm them up in the oven before serving.
Connect with me!
Connect with me on my Facebook and Twitter handles. Be sure to follow me so that you can see what Recipe Magik is up to every day. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, share and comment on my posts there 🙂
Also, connect with me on Instagram and tag with #recipemagik if you are making any recipe from this website so that I can have a look at those amazing recipes you are making from my website 🙂
Cheesy Corn Fritters Recipe
- ½ Cup Corn Kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 Large Potato grated
- 1 Large Carrot grated
- 4 Pieces Green Chilies
- ¼ Cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon Pepper or as per taste
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil to fry the fritters
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoon Garbanzo flour or Chickpea Flour
- 4 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- Mix all the veggies (Corn Kernels, Potato, Carrots, Green Chilies, and cilantro) along with cheese in a bowl. Add Salt and Pepper as per taste. Include Baking Powder and some lime juice. Mix well.
- Add garbanzo flour, breadcrumbs. Mix well. Keep it covered in the fridge for 10-minutes.
- Make disc-shaped fritters with your hand. Heat olive oil in a pan and shallow fry your fritters until golden brown from both sides. Serve with sauce/Yogurt/Sour cream.