No Mayo Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad is a low carb dinner that's filled with protein, greens, and lots of fresh veggies.
Skipping mayo makes this even healthier. This is especially cool when you are on a diet or when you are looking for some quick and easy salad recipe to carry to work.
Perfect to carry to a potluck or barbecues. Or make for a lunch this easy tuna pasta salad is as easy as 1,2,3...
Just combine flaked tuna with veggies (cherry tomatoes, green peas, english cucumber, red onions, and celery) and top it off with a basic dressing.
I have deliberately tried to keep the dressing light and easy. So, it's just some extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Garlic Salt, and Pepper.
For that extra freshness I like to squeeze some fresh lemon juice before serving.
More Salads I think you'll like:
- Strawberry Chicken Salad with the Best ever dressing
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
Classic Tuna Pasta Salad
If you are looking for a classic Tuna Pasta Salad then you got to make easy Tuna Macaroni Salad. But, there is no such rule. It's just that tuna macaroni salad has been around for a long time.
Instead of Macaroni you can use any pasta that you like. If you like Macaroni pasta you'll like:
Key West Tuna Pasta Salad
Typically Key West Tuna Pasta Salad is just like this recipe. But, they use mayo and yogurt. I have skipped both the ingredients for my tuna pasta salad recipe.
In case you want to add mayonnaise and yogurt, you can add them to your salad.
But, make sure you use low fat mayonnaise and thick greek yogurt.
Tuna Pasta Salad Ingredients
These are the ingredients which I have used to make my tuna pasta salad without mayo.
- pasta (of your choice) - I have used farfalle or bow-tie pasta
- canned tuna
- frozen peas
- cherry tomatoes
- red onions
- english cucumber
tuna pasta salad dressing no mayo
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Garlic salt
How to Make Tuna Pasta Salad
Tuna pasta salad with peas and no mayo is a recipe that is low in calories and high in protein.
Making it is so easy and you can always store it in the fridge and serve later.
STEP 1: Easy pasta salad recipe with tuna starts with flaking of the tuna. Flaking the tuna is very easy. Use a pair of fork to flake the tuna.
STEP 2: Assemble the ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all the ingredients with flaked tuna in a bowl.
STEP 3: Easy pasta salad dressing recipe is pretty simple. Just combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Garlic Salt, and Pepper. Toss it with the pasta salad. Stick it in the fridge until cold. Serve.
Is Tuna Pasta good for Weight Loss?
Can you lose weight if you eat Tuna Pasta Salad?
Well, I can't say for sure. Weight Loss is a journey. It takes time and lots of effort. I can't say for certain that one serving of tuna pasta will be good for weight loss.
But, if you are minding your calorie count and you want to stay calorie deficit then this tuna pasta salad is an excellent choice for you.
This easy Tuna Pasta salad is high in protein and helps you meet your protein requirement.
It has no mayonnaise and therefore is very healthy. Besides that, it contains just olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and vinegar. Which means it is absolutely healthy for you.
Variations to this Tuna Pasta Salad
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad - if you are looking for a last minute Pasta salad recipe to bring to Potluck or for a quick side for BBQ Night out, you should definitely add some Mayonnaise to this same recipe and make the most creamy Tuna Pasta salad ever which everyone will LOVE!
- Veggies of your choice - add shredded Carrots, Purple Cabbage and Bell Peppers to make base for the salad.
- Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice - use cooked Quinoa or Cauliflower rice to make the base of the salad instead of Pasta. This will be Low Carb and High in Protein.
- Parmesan Cheese - top off this Tuna Pasta Salad with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a brilliant salty taste to it.
- Italian - Make Italian Tuna Pasta Salad by just including Italian Seasoning, Freshly chopped Basil, chopped Pine Nuts and Parmesan Cheese to this same recipe.
- Mexican - Give this Easy Tuna Pasta Salad a mexican twist by adding Black Beans, Avocados, and Corn to it. Also, add some ground cumin, & chili powder for the seasoning.
My Favorite Salads
- Summer Potato Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressin
- Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sourcream
Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe in the World
- 6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cans canned tuna flaked
- ½ cup finely diced red onions
- 1 medium english cucumber
- ½ pint diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed in a bowl of water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- garlic salt as per taste
- pepper as per taste
- cook pasta as per package directions. Drain and set aside for few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for salad. Toss in cooked pasta.
- In a small bowl or a jar make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad. Stick it in the fridge until cold. Serve.
I love Tuna!! Making this tonight