Spooky and Cute Halloween Deviled Eggs are a perfect Halloween Appetizer recipe. They take just 30 minutes to make from scratch. These Rotten Deviled Eggs are super cute and just perfect for Halloween.
These Halloween Deviled Eggs are so cute and look just perfect for Halloween. The filling is just perfectly spooky and so cute. I use green food color along with mashed avocados to give the filling a spooky green color.
If you're bored with all the regular Halloween Candies, you're at the right place. This Halloween Deviled Eggs recipe is just the perfect appetizer recipe for Halloween. It's super cute and kid friendly!
What are Halloween Deviled Eggs?
These Spooky Halloween Deviled Eggs look deliciously rotten and have a beautiful red web color layer over them. I boil my eggs with red food color which gives them a nice color to it.
Also, the filling is simple, just like any other deviled eggs. It's made with Egg Yolks, Mayonnaise, Avocado, Green Food Color, Salt & Pepper. This gives these Deviled Eggs a gorgeous and perfectly spooky Halloween look which is just so amazing.
Ingredients needed to make Halloween Deviled Eggs?
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Red Food Color
- Egg Yolks
- Green Food Color
- Salt & Pepper
- Black Olives (pitted)
- Candy Eyes
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Halloween Deviled Eggs?
Boil the Eggs with red food color. Cool them down and remove the skin. Cut them into halves and separate Egg Yolks from Whites.
Add Egg Yolks, Avocado, Green Food Color, Mayonnaise, Salt and pepper. Combine everything and take in a piping bag
Add the filling over the halved eggs. Top with black olives and candy eyes.
Drizzle Sriracha on the sides to make the bleeding eyes effect. Serve.
Remember to soak the eggs in cold water before you peel them.
Variations of Halloween Deviled Eggs
There are so many amazing ways in which you can decorate these Halloween Deviled Eggs. Here are some options
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs - instead of green food color, add orange food color to the eggs. Use a celery stick to make the branch of Pumpkin.
- Mummy Deviled Eggs - Use yellow food color to make the filling and add candy eyes on the top. Drizzle mustard sauce on the eggs to give it a mummy look.
- Spider-Deviled Eggs: You can use Black Olives to make spiders over the eggs.
How to make Halloween Candy Eyes ahead of time?
You can easily make the green filling ahead of time, boil the eggs, and set them aside. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Add the topping right before you serve.
Looking for other Halloween recipes like this? Try these:
Halloween Deviled Eggs recipe
- 6 Eggs
- 1 drop Red Food Color
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 large Avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 drop Green Food Color
- 12 Black Olives pitted
- 12 Candy Eyes
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- Boil the eggs with red food color. Allow them to cool down and peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs into halves, separate the yellows and whites. Add the yellows to a bowl
- Add avocado flesh, mayonnaise, salt, pepper & green food color to it. Mash and combine everything. Take it up a piping bag
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites. Top with olives, candy eyes, and sriracha around the edges to make the bleeding eyes effect. Serve.